Off-Season

How’d he go?
Will he feature a bit more in the new year?
What do you mean how did he go? It's not public knowledge. As for the following question he trains like everyone else in the squad till the end of the season (and then some).

Mozer did his first interview from Schoolies for Nine. He has been doing the Red Frog thing all week. He spoke really well.

Boys were told to go to schoolies but come back on Friday with even one kg on and you’ll be doing extras.

Mozer did a 1.2km BP. Mainer kills the sprints.
Mozer could probably use a few extra kilos

Here's a question, could Farnworth be let go to Redcliffe IF Mariner is likely to be ready for '23 (which I would not be surprised if he is, from what I've seen, he could possibly sneak in a game or two even next season if he is old enough)?

Here's a question, could Farnworth be let go to Redcliffe IF Mariner is likely to be ready for '23 (which I would not be surprised if he is, from what I've seen, he could possibly sneak in a game or two even next season if he is old enough)?
Cant keep falling for the trap of rushing young players into first grade. Also, with Isaako likely and Oates possibly leaving our outside back depth will be in trouble. Especially if Cobbo is to move to fullback.

I guess it depends how much he wants. The fact we haven’t heard anything about re-signing him maybe he is gone but I’d like to keep him. He’s actually a really good winger.

Cant keep falling for the trap of rushing young players into first grade. Also, with Isaako likely and Oates possibly leaving our outside back depth will be in trouble. Especially if Cobbo is to move to fullback.

I guess it depends how much he wants. The fact we haven’t heard anything about re-signing him maybe he is gone but I’d like to keep him. He’s actually a really good winger.

These are good points for sure. I guess I am just one of those that really like Oates and hope he stays a one club player but yeah you are right, if it came to choosing between him and Herbie, all other things being equal, you probably go with Herbie.

These are good points for sure. I guess I am just one of those that really like Oates and hope he stays a one club player but yeah you are right, if it came to choosing between him and Herbie, all other things being equal, you probably go with Herbie.
If you had to chose one and they were asking for the same money, I’d also choose Oates.

Clint Eastwood Hell No Gif

I think you're right, but not because of Mariner. I'm going to put it in a list.

1. Herbie played the most games of any back in 2021.
2. For that reason alone won back of the year.
3. Yet he under-performed as a centre, scoring only two tries and squandering hard fought line breaks.
4. Regardless, every time he got the ball commentators wet their pants. He was over-hyped.
5. But he has the attitude Kevvie wants in his clubhouse. Off the field, he's flawless.
6. But, he's copping it from fans for not being able to pass.
7. Not just from me, everywhere. Except on BHQ.
8. He has The Pearl in his corner. Who is Kevvie's biggest fan.
9. He's competing for centre with a junior in Selwyn Cobbo.
9. Already, Cobbo looks the better centre. But he's ultimately headed to fullback.
10. Cobbo also has The Pearl in his corner. Probably even more.
11. Right now Herbie has seniority, and match time.
12.. Dobbo is loitering around training, spitballing with Kevvie.
13. Dobbo names Herbie on the wing, not centre. <-------
14. Which means Herbie has dropped a rung on the pecking order.
15. Going back to the wing would be a demotion for Herbie. He won't be happy with that.
16. But time is on his side this early in the preseason.
17. Coin toss whether Selwyn or Herbie starts at centre. Easy to argue either way.
18. But Herbie has more to prove.

I think if Herbie isn't top tryscorer or thereabouts next season, the club won't offer him a competitive renewal and he'll cross town to join Wayne. This has to be his year. Wingers are there to score tries.

I won't be betting against him. The kid has oodles of talent, we just haven't seen enough of it.

Dobbo thinks Isaako will be going to the Dolphins. If you had the choice of Herbie or Jamayne, who would you sign? That's a question for both clubs.

I think you're right, but not because of Mariner. I'm going to put it in a list.

3. Yet he under-performed as a centre, scoring only two tries and squandering hard fought line breaks.
4. Regardless, every time he got the ball commentators wet their pants. He was over-hyped.
5. But he has the attitude Kevvie wants in his clubhouse. Off the field, he's flawless.
9. Already, Cobbo looks the better centre. But he's ultimately headed to fullback.
15. Going back to the wing would be a demotion for Herbie. He won't be happy with that.
17. Coin toss whether Selwyn or Herbie starts at centre. Easy to argue either way.

I think if Herbie isn't top tryscorer or thereabouts next season, the club won't offer him a competitive renewal and he'll cross town to join Wayne. This has to be his year. Wingers are there to score tries.

I won't be betting against him. The kid has oodles of talent, we just haven't seen enough of it.

Dobbo thinks Isaako will be going to the Dolphins. If you had the choice of Herbie or Jamayne, who would you sign? That's a question for both clubs.
What a load of shit mate. Herbie is ten times the player isaako is. The metres herbie got last year was phenomenal, 2nd only to Haas at the broncos. Was one of our more threatining players all year, just because his stats don't reflect it you think he is crap. Get over your prejudice against the kid. he was definitely up there in top 5 centres last year. Isaako was in the bottom tier for his position

I'm a big Herbie fan and don't see him moving to the wing as a demotion the way he played this season suits wing or centre much like Joey Manu.
Centre is a relatively new position for him from what I understand played for Norths on the wing and played juniors as a Fullback.
I think Herbie would make a better winger than what Cobbo would and Cobbo can be used more as a strike weapon at centre.
Tries for the outside backs really mean nothing because the inside men backrower and half are the ones who set them up and Herbie had Glenn, croft and many other halves all year.
Every team seems to favour one side in attack and get more quality ball.

I'd be taking Herbie over Issako anyday.
If mariner steps up I'd be going
1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Farnworth

What a load of shit mate. Herbie is ten times the player isaako is. The metres herbie got last year was phenomenal, 2nd only to Haas at the broncos. Was one of our more threatining players all year, just because his stats don't reflect it you think he is crap. Get over your prejudice against the kid. he was definitely up there in top 5 centres last year. Isaako was in the bottom tier for his position
I'm a big Herbie fan and don't see him moving to the wing as a demotion the way he played this season suits wing or centre much like Joey Manu.
Centre is a relatively new position for him from what I understand played for Norths on the wing and played juniors as a Fullback.
I think Herbie would make a better winger than what Cobbo would and Cobbo can be used more as a strike weapon at centre.
Tries for the outside backs really mean nothing because the inside men backrower and half are the ones who set them up and Herbie had Glenn, croft and many other halves all year.
Every team seems to favour one side in attack and get more quality ball.

I'd be taking Herbie over Issako anyday.
If mariner steps up I'd be going
1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Farnworth
I think you missed my point. Who will Wayne want: Herbie or Jamayne?

I'm aware Herbie made a lot of breaks up the middle. But he can't pass. Or he's a hog. One or the other.

I think you missed my point. Who will Wayne want: Herbie or Jamayne?

I'm aware Herbie made a lot of breaks up the middle. But he can't pass. Or he's a hog. One or the other.
Draw and passing is a skill, takes time to master. Most junior players haven't properly learnt it. As Johnny92 said he is new to the position. You watch next year if he's in the centres, give him some time.

Hopefully Wayne wants isaako😄. Jamayne is a silky smooth footballer but he's also a not very smart footballer, and also a hog. Both can kick goals, both can step and run fast. Both aren't great at passing.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.