[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Rumours on twitter that Barba wants out at the Dogs. Surely, if we were keen on Dugan, we'd be sniffing around Barba if there is any truth in it?

Re: Ben Barba stood down

If there is any truth in that, this will turn into a mega thread...

If we were after Dugan surely we would chase Barba as well. I think Barba and Hoffman are mates?? Barba has his problems as well so I am not sure how the club will feel about signing him if it is a true rumour.

Vossy has tweeted that Barba wants out and a couple of tweets link him specifically to us. I seem to recall when Des first arrived at the Dogs he wanted to sign Snake as he wasn't a big Barba fan?

There was an article last year about how Barba's dad said Benny would have loved to have played for us...

Barba is exactly what the Broncos need. A superstar Queenslander who brings in the crowds and is an exciting footballer. We can dream can't we?

Just coz it's fun to dream...

Barba, discovered by legendary Brisbane talent scout Cyril Connell, held a scholarship contract to help with sporting costs and to attend Broncos camps, but did not land a senior contract, reportedly because he was too small.
But Barba Sr says the Broncos can now eat humble pie. "I watched the game on Sunday with a smirk on my face, thinking Ben was really showing up the Broncos," Ken Barba said.
"There were lot of people who wanted to knock him; they thought he wouldn't be able to handle the NRL.
"But he proved them all wrong. Some clubs go for size but Ben has showed the little men can do it.
"I am dumbfounded as to why the Broncos didn't want him - they were really looking after him and showing a lot of interest, and then they just turned off him. They never told us why. He would have loved to have played for the Broncos."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-who-spurned-him/story-e6frep5x-1226449594436

Hope we at least talk to him

Would vastly prefer Barba to Dugan. We'd need to treat him better than the Dogs too. If he asks for help, help him, don't just drop him for 3 rounds.

RE: Ben Barba stood down

I would be over the moon if we got Barba, he would be our best signing since as far back as I can remember.

QLDer, huge talent, young, key position, etc.

WOW.... just WOW !!!

The thought of Barba playing for us is unbelievable.

I would be over the moon if we managed to snag Barba. Awesome young player, passionate and always has an intent to improve his game.

let's get him!!!!!

Can't see any mention of barba being linked to Brisbane...

Get him!!!!!

Not at the moment, he's in terrible form.

We've already got a Barba type in Joe Bond.

Pass....

If he's mates with Hoffman that would help otherwise Hoffy would crack the shits knowing he's no chance to be fullback again.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.