Official - Broncos sign Darius Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing the old senile coach got rid of barba AND hoffman! Went from having a team of fullbacks... to none

Hmmmm.

So who should play fullback now? Hodges? Kahu? Maranta? A smokey like Taylor/Nikorima/Eden?

Yes it is certainly a wise idea to keep players on high salaries in reserve grade just in case a serious injury occurs.

This isn't the EPL.

There was no reason either of those players had to be in reserve grade if they were retained. We have a perfectly good wing spot going

Hmmmm.

So who should play fullback now? Hodges? Kahu? Maranta? A smokey like Taylor/Nikorima/Eden?

It should be milford. This is the chance for bennett to correct his mistake and put him in his rightful position. But he won't because when he dominates that position Bennett will look stupid if he moves him to accomodate boyd later in the year

Milford at 1 and a nuffie at 6 is definitely better than Milford at 6 and a nuffie at 1

Last edited:
It'll be Hodges or Kodi N who'll replace him. Hodges is a natural and fixes our who to pick Copley or Reed problem.

He won't move Milford

Well AP got his wish. He must be laughing his arse off.

Yeah spot on QLDer.............My vote is for milford at 1 and nik/taylor at 6

It'll be Hodges or Kodi N who'll replace him. Hodges is a natural and fixes our who to pick Copley or Reed problem.

He won't move Milford

He won't coz he cant get boyd back in the team then.

There was no reason either of those players had to be in reserve grade if they were retained. We have a perfectly good wing spot going
Hoffman didn't want to play wing. He left to play FB.

I agree with you about Hoffman but you can't force people to do things they don't want to do.

IF this injury occurred before Barba left, then maybe he might've put the breaks on the release, but as I said you can't keep 400k contingency plans in reserve grade on the basis of hypotheticals.

It's just shit luck, that's all. It's not Bennett's fault someone snapped their achilles lol, that's absurd.

besides, this gives one of the younger guys a chance (maybe).

It should be milford. This is the chance for bennett to correct his mistake and put him in his rightful position. But he won't because when he dominates that position Bennett will look stupid if he moves him to accomodate boyd later in the year

Milford at 1 and a nuffie at 6 is definitely better than Milford at 6 and a nuffie at 1

I wouldn't go as far as to say we would have a nuffie at 6, if we moved Milford to 1.

I would say that it is a great opportunity for one of our young halves to step up and show what he's got.

My preferred option now is:

1. Milford
6. Taylor/some other young half that steps up during pre-season.

and if the combination is a success, then Boyd makes his comeback on the wing.

I agree with you about Hoffman but you can't force people to do things they don't want to do.

IF this injury occurred before Barba left, then maybe he might've put the breaks on the release, but as I said you can't keep 400k contingency plans in reserve grade on the basis of hypotheticals.

It's just shit luck, that's all. It's not Bennett's fault someone snapped their achilles lol, that's absurd.

if you believe the CM (i know, not usually a smart thing to do) then Bennett will play Hodges at the back... at least that way Copley gets to play in the centers

Of course its not bennetts fault he got injured. But I feel the clean out bennett performed has really been exposed as going too far now.

What i expect to see
1. Hodges.
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Kahu
6. Milford

What i think we should see
1. Milford
2. Vidot
3. Copley (reed shouldnt be in the team in the first place)
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. ANYONE - milford at fullback makes it a moot point who plays here, bring in a new guy and get him some experience. We will dominate with milford at 1 anyway

Maybe we'll see Hodges to FB, Copley to CTR, and either Kahu or someone like Carlin Anderson to wing? [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION], is he ready for first grade?

I wouldn't go as far as to say we would have a nuffie at 6, if we moved Milford to 1.

I would say that it is a great opportunity for one of our young halves to step up and show what he's got.

My preferred option now is:

1. Milford
6. Taylor/some other young half that steps up during pre-season.

and if the combination is a success, then Boyd makes his comeback on the wing.

Definitely agree. Having milford at the back is going to be brilliant for the team so its a good chance for a new guy to get some experience

Its a moot point tho. Milford wont go to fullback because then when boyd and milford are both fit Bennett would have to move milford and prove once and for all boyd has a mortgage on the fullback spot

It would be nice to see someone like Taylor come into play if they moved Milford but I'd be afraid he'd be an absolute turnstile in D.

The thing is though, if we're long term planning on Milford in 6, I don't see the point in delaying it 12 months - it's clearly going to happen so let's just get the damn thing started, the sooner he adjusts to it, the better for him and for us long term.

Bennett hasnt ever really been a long term view coach though. If he wants success in 2015, Milford should be 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • thenry
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • maddo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.