official broncos team vs sharks

McCullough must be highly rated at the Broncos, some are even comparing him to Cameron Smith in playing style. This kid could be the reason why Bruno is letting Ennis walk out the door without a fight?? I hope they kid goes well and gives us some confidence if Ennis leaves.

Russo said:
spoonbled said:
I'm guessing we might see McCullough come in at hooker and have Ennis shift to half at some time during the game.

why would Ennis shift to half for Perry, your half will play the whole 80 minutes. McCullough will come on to give Ennis a rest for 5 - 10 minutes and then if going okay move into the backrow for a short period to give another forward a rest then sub off. He'll get 15 - 20 minutes max.

Have some faith in Perry, he might not be a superstar but he's solid enough and has experience on his side.

Never.

We'll lose every game with him at 7, and also with Stagg at 5/8.

Bloody ordinary the pair of them. Seriously, do we not have a better option than Stagg at 5/8th? (Other than Lockyer, duh!) I like the guy but we need a playmaker there even if it's only a part time one.

Perry and Stagg = 0 points in attack.

briareos said:
Bloody ordinary the pair of them. Seriously, do we not have a better option than Stagg at 5/8th? (Other than Lockyer, duh!) I like the guy but we need a playmaker there even if it's only a part time one.

I agree. At the very least if we can't have a ball player, have a player who is a dangerous option as a ball runner on the fringes. Stagg offers no impact as a ball player or a ball runner.

briareos said:

Ben Hunt! He carved up again against the sharks tonight, scored a try and set numerous others up. He has a good kicking game, hes a goalkicker and he has enthusiasm and spark, something Perry and Staggy dont have.

Jeza23 said:
briareos said:

Ben Hunt! He carved up again against the sharks tonight, scored a try and set numerous others up. He has a good kicking game, hes a goalkicker and he has enthusiasm and spark, something Perry and Staggy dont have.

I agree, though Hunt's kicking game and fifth tackle options yesterday was woeful. Hopefully it was a one off. Still a crapload better than Perry.

I was quite impressed with Emmett last night and thought he played well. I am still not that impressed with Kemp, Boyd or Moon.

Too bad that the two on debut, McCullogh and Ah Mau, didn't get enough game time, but that is typical of Bennett's poor use of interchange. They should have just thrown McCullogh in to start with and pissed Perry off back to Qld cup. He couldn't have gone any worse, and at least would have had a decent chance to prove himself.

broncosil said:
Jeza23 said:
briareos said:

I agree, though Hunt's kicking game and fifth tackle options yesterday was woeful. Hopefully it was a one off. Still a crapload better than Perry.

I was quite impressed with Emmett last night and thought he played well. I am still not that impressed with Kemp, Boyd or Moon.

Too bad that the two on debut, McCullogh and Ah Mau, didn't get enough game time, but that is typical of Bennett's poor use of interchange. They should have just thrown McCullogh in to start with and pissed Perry off back to Qld cup. He couldn't have gone any worse, and at least would have had a decent chance to prove himself.

How dare you have a go at the best damned coach and team selector in the game!

Bennett is GOD, and must never be criticised. His bench rotation selections are top rate and his choice of halves in Perry and Stagg is utterly commendable.

Whoa! Such disrespect! I mean, look what he achieved for the Kiwis and the massive result we got agin the Goldfish!

It'll be interesting to see what happens in terms of selections next year and how much Henjak differs from Bennett.

rnabokov said:

Bennett is GOD, and must never be criticised. His bench rotation selections are top rate and his choice of halves in Perry and Stagg is utterly commendable.

Whoa! Such disrespect! I mean, look what he achieved for the Kiwis and the massive result we got agin the Goldfish!
Where on earth did that crap come from?

Bennett is far from immune to criticism, especially in a place like this, where decisions like the one to play Stagg and Perry in the halves have been pretty much universally panned.

So I ask again, what was the point of that rant?

Phuzzlecash said:
rnabokov said:

Bennett is far from immune to criticism, especially in a place like this, where decisions like the one to play Stagg and Perry in the halves have been pretty much universally panned.

I think rnabokov's post was slightly tongue in cheek. :P

ethos said:
Phuzzlecash said:
rnabokov said:

I think rnabokov's post was slightly tongue in cheek. :P
Yes, he was using sarcasm to lampoon some imaginary Bennett defenders that won't allow criticism of the coach. But it just made absolutely no sense in the context of the thread.

Sorry - I reckon my post makes absolute sense in this thread.

IMO, this Club needs new blood, and NOT the same old hacks, especially out of position.

As I said before, better to lose with young guns than with staid old boring hacks.

Bennett may be brilliant at some things, but he's hopeless at dealing with the reality of the new and different.

And I am not afraid to say I am glad he's going.

Agreed rna. I am horrified that he kept on the likes of Perry, Thorn, Civoniceva, Carlaw and Berrigan. We could've really shaken things up by blooding guys like Robinson and Kemp, and maybe attracting a few no-name fringe first graders from other clubs for a complete changing of the guard.

Like I said, the selection for the Sharks game WAS shit and I hope he's learned from it. But I think his record from the past year shows that WB is not immune to trying new things and throwing a bit of caution to the wind.

rnabokov said:

IMO, this Club needs new blood, and NOT the same old hacks, especially out of position.

As I said before, better to lose with young guns than with staid old boring hacks.

Bennett may be brilliant at some things, but he's hopeless at dealing with the reality of the new and different.
Okay, I don't care. You sarcastically said that Bennett was a god and beyond criticism in response to a bloke who was criticising him in a thread that's full of other people criticising him. That would make sense if we all had our heads in the sand here, but since we don't, it doesn't make sense. Understand?

And I am not afraid to say I am glad he's going.
Even if it means his replacement is a coach who would be "out of his depth" in the top grade?

Phuzzlecash said:
rnabokov said:

Okay, I don't care. You sarcastically said that Bennett was a god and beyond criticism in response to a bloke who was criticising him in a thread that's full of other people criticising him. That would make sense if we all had our heads in the sand here, but since we don't, it doesn't make sense. Understand?

If you don't care, why are you still ranting about it. Move on FFS.

Clintos said:
Phuzzlecash said:
rnabokov said:

If you don't care, why are you still ranting about it. Move on FFS.
Relax, champ. I don't care about rna's losing philosophy (better to lose with young guns etc.). I was more interested in just having a go at him. icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Locky field goal
  • Manofoneway
  • heartly87
  • Thelmus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rookie Alan
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Wild Horse
  • Griffo
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.