official broncos team vs sharks

Clintos said:
If only Perry could have the same impact he does for Redcliffe in the QCUP. That would make me much more confident in the Broncos halves depths. I still think they should have kept McConnell.

McConell has been going like a busted for Burleigh

BroncoMatt said:
Clintos said:
If only Perry could have the same impact he does for Redcliffe in the QCUP. That would make me much more confident in the Broncos halves depths. I still think they should have kept McConnell.

Really, I haven't really been following his form. I thought he was great about 2 years back, then we finally got his signature and we didn't give him a shot. I would have thought he was better than Perry.

Clintos said:
BroncoMatt said:
Clintos said:

Really, I haven't really been following his form. I thought he was great about 2 years back, then we finally got his signature and we didn't give him a shot. I would have thought he was better than Perry.

Since we signed McConnell, Perry has been by far the better form halfback. McConnell is a forever Q-Cup player, but as Matt said isn't even doing much of that at the moment!!

Jebadude said:
Clintos said:
BroncoMatt said:
Clintos said:

Since we signed McConnell, Perry has been by far the better form halfback. McConnell is a forever Q-Cup player, but as Matt said isn't even doing much of that at the moment!!

I agree, that's why I said 2 years back...

I forget. Is Perry a Premiership winning halfback? Is he solid?

Clintos said:
Jebadude said:
Clintos said:
BroncoMatt said:
Clintos said:

I agree, that's why I said 2 years back...

Clintos FFS how can you agree or disagree, 2 posts up you say you haven't seen him or followed his form [icon_confu

As for Perry, really once Wally was picked we had no other option. Hopefully Sharks will miss Bird and Gallen more then we miss our 5 but I doubt it as they still at least have a halves combination.

Actually I think it's all the armchair critics who forget the good that he did. Certainly out weighed his f'ups.

The Rock said:
Nashy said:

Yes, you're losing your memory. Perry is a premiership winning passenger and is not a solid player.

Passenger? Nah mate, Perry actually did his job well leading up to the 06 final, and in the final as well. He hasn't been too good for us since which is obvious, but we're a bit short on options aren't we.

He's not a superstar Langer is his problem.

Nashy said:
He's not a superstar Langer is his problem.

He couldn't be LESS of a superstar. He's not even in John Plath's class when he deputised for Langer.

The Rock said:
Scotty said:
[quote="The Rock":323ea99b]
Nashy said:

Yes, you're losing your memory. Perry is a premiership winning passenger and is not a solid player.

Passenger? Nah mate, Perry actually did his job well leading up to the 06 final, and in the final as well. He hasn't been too good for us since which is obvious, but we're a bit short on options aren't we.

He was just "there". He was a passanger IMO. He took the ball when it was given to him and took the pressure off Lockyer. He wasn't that involved, he didn't play like a halfback at all - He was there in Lockyer's shadow. Don't get me wrong, it definitely helped Lockyer out but it's annoying how people call him a "premiership winning halfback" like as though he made a valid contribution to our Grand Final success.

Sure we're short of options which is why i asked the question as to whether or not we have any other young kids who may be able to do the job this week against the Sharks.[/quote:323ea99b]

I really think you're being harsh on his GF performance. Just because he isn't Andrew Johns doesn't mean he didn't do a decent job. Personally I think him taking the pressure off Lockyer was quite a valuble contribution.

Anyway, are there any players we have who could fill the void at halfback?

Agree Scotty. Perry was at his best at the end of 2006. He wasn't flashy, but he had a job and he executed it to perfection.

As for other options, none that are particularly ready for first grade. Jacob Fauid has shown promise, but is a long way off first grade and he might even be injured at the moment?

Ben Hunt is in the under 20s and he is getting some plaudits, but still, too young and green for first grade.

We had a couple of handy options in Jockey McConnell and Ben Green last year, but decided to let them go [eusa_naugh

Is there anyone in the current first grade team who is capable of playing halfback (apart from Wallace), but just excel in other positions?

Eastwood maybe. If he can play on the wing... he can play at halfback [icon_razz1

Nashy said:
Is there anyone in the current first grade team who is capable of playing halfback (apart from Wallace), but just excel in other positions?

Eastwood maybe. If he can play on the wing... he can play at halfback [icon_razz1
Moon plays 5/8 and has played halfback before and when he played Halfback he realy stood up for the team and acted as a leader. So theres a possability there.

i really think ben Hunt is ready for first grade. great kick on him, can find the line and lead the team well.

I think if you were going to put Moon in you'd have him at 5/8, and have Perry at halfback. For all Perry's weaknesses, he's got experience, which Moon doesn't.

Then shove Stagg into the centres.

That'd work more for me.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Wolfie
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.