Official - Ivan Henjak Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymous person said:
yet the broncos team was the youngest of every team in the NRL, and had the least experience out of every team.

yeah but it's not as if every player was a newbie and had no experience. we had lockyer, we had wallace, we had parker, we had thaiday, we had tronc, we had te'o, we had anderson. that's a forward pack and halves combo with a decent amount of experience between them. don't make out like we promoted the entire under 20's to the team, it's not exactly true. besides, the raiders also promoted a bunch of youngsters the same year, and they went ok?

Anonymous person said:
Bennett had some of the best teams of all time while he was here. not just best Broncos teams - best overall teams. and even then, we still had losing streaks and huge losses. Henjak inherited a team of has-beens and nuffies from Bennett. we were always going to struggle.

Bennett made the majority of those players what they were. Bennett never seems to get credit for bringing these players through, everyone just assumes they're readymade stars when they come into the side. wrong. How many genuine superstars did he carve out of nothing? Renouf, Lockyer, Sailor, Tuquiri, Webcke, Civo, Hunt, etc. These players weren't the players we now remember them as, when they first started. As for Henjak inheriting a team of nuffies, get your hand off it, Henjak WANTED those players. Players like Sims, Setu, Te'o, etc, they were his roster, his doing! Dont turn it back on Bennett for Henjaks fuckups.

Anonymous person said:
im not putting words in anyones mouth. all im pointing out is that for as great as you like to say we were under bennett, and as bad as you like to say we were under henjak, we had our worst losing streaks and almost equally as bad losses (and more of them) under bennett, despite him having a far superior playing roster and not as bad injury tolls.

We were great under Bennett. There's no denying this, his 6 premierships paints that picture. I can't remember injury tolls for seasons past but I'm sure Bennett has his fair share of injuries that prohibited him from playing the way he wanted to. I've already told you why it's more likely we'd have more losses under Bennett (though never conceding 40 points in 5 games in a season, or conceding on average 30 points a game - both Henjak accolades), so no point revisiting that.

Anonymous person said:
wasnt having a dig - we've just seen many people on here over the years go on and on about stuff and say theyre long time fans, yet they never even saw darren lockyer play fullback. i have no idea who you are, so i dont know if youre one of those fans.

and btw, i watched the 92 grand final as a 7 year old, then the 93 one as an 8 year old [icon_wink

Fair enough, maybe I was a bit over the top there, apologies.

Anonymous person said:
and we lost half of our first grade side to injuries for pretty much the entire first half of the season.

We lost our captain and numerous influential players and still made it in 2007. ;)

You may have forgotten a few AP, but I'm sure it wasn't on purpose... :roll:

I'm not even mentioning the countless amount of games where the opponent put 30+ points on us!

Season 2009 under Henjak:

Rd 13 - 48-4 in Melbourne
Rd 14 - 22-44 at home against Dogs
Rd 15 - 46-12 in Cronulla
Rd 19 - 12-44 at home to Souffs
Rd 21 - 56-0 in Canberra
SF - 40-10 in Melbourne

Total against in that season: 648 of which 566 in regular season, avg of 24 pts!!!

Season 2010 under Henjak:

Rd 3 - 16-48 at home vs. Warriors
Rd 24 - 44-18 in Newcastle

Here we leaked another 535 (22.3 per game)

In both seasons our final F/A was negative.

Even in our worst seasons under Bennett, we never leaked 500+ pts, nor did we end up with a negative For and Against balance.

And finally, the most important thing is that I never actually saw a Broncos team capitulate under Bennett, even if on wrong the end of a drubbing!

We got smashed plenty of times under Bennett. Henjak was sacked not for our on field performances but for his off field performances with players and other coaches.

I don't understand how a Bennett v Ivan argument has proceeded this far..

Can we agree to disagree FMD!

Consider it done. If anyone wishes to add anything of relevance, and hasn't been argued for pages on end, please feel free to PM me and I will consider opening the thread.

In the mean time.

IH was sacked. WB might or might not be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • mrslong
  • Lostboy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Xzei
  • Maddy
  • broncoscope
  • Kev_Guz
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • mystico
  • cento
  • Brocko
  • Dash
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.