OFFICIAL - Lama Tasi to Salford via the Broncos

Re: OFFICIAL - Lama Tasi to the Broncos

Peter Wallace - Captain/Coach

Peter Wallace knows how Peter Wallace plays better than anyone not Peter Wallace. He'd be able to build the team around himself, Peter Wallace, just the way he wants it.

Last edited:

Peter Wallace - Captain/Coach

Peter Wallace knows how Peter Wallace plays better than anyone not Peter Wallace. He'd be able to build the team around himself, Peter Wallace, just the way he wants it.

I'm assuming you are serious.

I suppose you are right. He knows himself very well, and I think that he knows he is no leader, nor dominant enough to be a leader and an organizer.

I honestly think highly of Wallace, and that he cops too much flak, but 2 things bug me about him: his infuriating inconsistency (from excellent to ordinary), and that he seems to show little interest in being General Wallace.

I recall some years ago he actually did lead and organize the Broncos in Lockyer's absence and he was terrific. Since then, very little.

He does do some organizing but for mine, he is not what we need in this department, unlike Cam Smith for instance.

I've always thought Wallace/Prince would be better behind a bigger front row, they're not getting great service behind our current pack at the moment.

Service? that's McCullough's job.

we have had so many opportunities in the opposing teams 20 metre zone this year its not funny. actually i'd love to see a stat comparing all sides amount of tackles in teh opp 20. i reckon we'd be pretty high on the list. the halves cant generate enough scores or repeat sets from this position though. the halves and our dummy half who cant hit them on the chest when they're more than 5 metres away from him.

we have had so many opportunities in the opposing teams 20 metre zone this year its not funny. actually i'd love to see a stat comparing all sides amount of tackles in teh opp 20. i reckon we'd be pretty high on the list. the halves cant generate enough scores or repeat sets from this position though. the halves and our dummy half who cant hit them on the chest when they're more than 5 metres away from him.

Absolutely, we have no problem getting to the right end of the paddock, this is one thing we consistently have done well all year. We just CAN'T SCORE POINTS when we get there!! And it shits me to tears...

case in point tonight! yay!! ...............

Lama went well today. Scored a strong try in the first half down the left hand side. Had two stints and made 18 hit ups and 13 tackles.

Cheers for the info. Good to hear he went well. Looking forward to seeing him in a Broncos jersey soon.

Lama went well today. Scored a strong try in the first half down the left hand side. Had two stints and made 18 hit ups and 13 tackles.

Any footage anywhere online ?

Footage should be available by the end of the weekend/mid-week on the QRL webpage.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...days-at-the-club/story-e6frf3ou-1226726665935

And just like that, he is gone ... :crying:

Look, this is not earth shattering, but seriously, wtf are the management doing ? Was he even given a chance ? He is important for depth isn't he ? I think Tasi could have been pretty good for 30 mins a game off the bench. Judging him over the last 7 games in a team that had no attack.

Hala is never fit and just underwent more surgery. Dodds is rubbish. Lui is leaving. Hannant is aging fast.

I don't know what is going on.

Oink !

i thought Dodds was starting to show real promise, before injury.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...days-at-the-club/story-e6frf3ou-1226726665935

Look, this is not earth shattering, but seriously, wtf are the management doing ? Was he even given a chance ? He is important for depth isn't he ? I think Tasi could have been pretty good for 30 mins a game off the bench. Judging him over the last 7 games in a team that had no attack.

Hala is never fit and just underwent more surgery. Dodds is rubbish. Lui is leaving. Hannant is aging fast.

Oink !

Meh, it was a strange mid season signing but i'm glad we didnt get into a bidding war with him.

Barba, Hoffman, Reed, Hodges/Copely, JYY/Kahu, vacant, Hunt, McQuire, McCullough, Kennedy, Thaiday, Gillett, Parker. Granville/Oates, Hannant, Glenn, Dodds/Hala/Stagg.

At best he was going to be in a battle for the last bench spot. To be perfectly honest in the limited opportunities he did have, he seemed like a dime a dozen forward we could pick up anytime.

We've still got the two starting U20s props too, who are supposed to be pretty damn good.

Oink !

He wasn't worth the money he was asking, it's as simple as that. All this what are the thinking stuff is over the top. Dodds has actually been very good this year and we have some great young props coming through. Paying overs for average depth players is what got us into this mess.

I'm not directing this to you pigskin but some fans views simply astound me.

It's like "why do we pay overs for average players, what are they thinking?"

Management take their head out of the arse and start making good decisions about the squad management.

"Ermehgerd totes can't believe we are losing tasi :'( :'( :'( what are they thinking?!? Should have paid overs he is a star"

Meh, it was a strange mid season signing but i'm glad we didnt get into a bidding war with him.

Barba, Hoffman, Reed, Hodges/Copely, JYY/Kahu, vacant, Hunt, McQuire, McCullough, Kennedy, Thaiday, Gillett, Parker. Granville/Oates, Hannant, Glenn, Dodds/Hala/Stagg.

At best he was going to be in a battle for the last bench spot. To be perfectly honest in the limited opportunities he did have, he seemed like a dime a dozen forward we could pick up anytime.

Tbh i find Copley and Kahu so average ditto for Reed and they have been given the world at the Broncs, would have liked Lama to get more of a fair go.

Tbh i find Copley and Kahu so average ditto for Reed and they have been given the world at the Broncs, would have liked Lama to get more of a fair go.

Fair enough, i wouldnt lose sleep if we lost Kahu and to a lesser extent Copely as well but we have better cover for Tasi leaving.

I feel Reed has earnt his keep.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • KickHaas
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • Redux
  • TimWhatley
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.