Official NSW Blues Game 1 Team

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Confirmed team is as follows:

Jarryd Hayne, Brett Morris, Michael Jennings, Josh Morris, Blake Ferguson, James Maloney, Mitchell Pearce, Paul Gallen, Robbie Farah, James Tamou, Ryan Hoffman, Luke Lewis, Greg Bird, Kurt Gidley, Anthony Watmough, Andrew Fifita, Trent Merrin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post

Just read an article on what the likely NSW team will be IMO it's a good team.............except for bloody Gidley!!!!!!!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...n-i/story-e6frf3ou-1226650269063#.UZ94VUAwqRq

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: SOO 2013 General discussion thread

Seriously?

No idea how he always makes it, there has easily been players that have been in much better form and just because you're an extremely fit and versatile player that can cover 4 positions doesn't mean you can just stroll into any team.

SOO 2013 General discussion thread

I think the entire forum is way too harsh on Gidley. IMO he's a fantastic player.

Just read an article on what the likely NSW team will be IMO it's a good team.............except for bloody Gidley!!!!!!!

Gidley and Hoffman. The team could have been stronger.

I think the entire forum is way too harsh on Gidley. IMO he's a fantastic player.

He is a good player, but he needs to have a more important role or not be in the squad.

Hoffman was pushing for Kangaroos jersey not too long ago, his selection is justified.

Hoffman is over the hill and other players should be ahead of him for a blues jersey.

Hoffman has been playing great footy since rejoining the Storm and I think he deserves a recall to Origin, It's jsut because he plays for Melbourne and the big 3 get all the credit.

Hoffman is over the hill and other players should be ahead of him for a blues jersey.
He has been carving other teams up this year for Melbourne.

Re: NSW Blues Game 1 team leak

If the Maroons team is what we expect, and our forwards shape up, we are gonna smash them.

So they've not picked Tim Grant,?? Thought he was made for origin

A new half has never gone on to win their first origin series, that's not a good stat.

RE: NSW Blues Game 1 team leak

Lol Gidley. Farah should just play 80 and run with 4 forwards. It always seems Gidley needs no form to be selected, he just has to be fit.

This series will be very close. Maloney is a good selection if only for goal kicking, I can for see a few games come down to 6 points or less.

I've got criticisms, but hey, compared to past Blues sides this is a pretty damn good team.

They've taken some risks in the backs that could pay off in Hayne and Ferguson. Both guys aren't technically proficient but they're capable of feats few others are and at the risk of losing 8 they can afford to take those chances.

Hayne should take some pressure off the halves meaning either it doesn't matter so much if either Maloney or Carney plays. I still would have stuck with Carney because I rate him more than Maloney, but what an incredible achievement from young James and just another player Parra fans should be kicking themselves about.

Backrow has me scratching my head. Who's going to play right fringe or up the middle? Surely it'd make more sense to start with Watmough and have Hoffman off the bench?

I don't mind that bench. Kidley is a waste but Merrin and Fifita should provide the Blues with plenty of enthusiasm late into the half.

Good side really, I don't think there are any obvious exclusions that I'd be racking my head over.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • mrslong
  • Johnny92
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Horseheadsup
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwibronco
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.