11. Glenn Stewart
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. Trent Merrin
15. Luke Lewis
16. Ben Creagh
17. Anthony Watmough

Last edited:
Grant and Watmough obvious inclusions IMO. Still amazed Creagh is there!

Solid team. Grant is a tough no nonsense forward that always makes the hard yards and doesn't take a backwards step. The NSW forward pack is stronger (in my opinion). Carney needs to deliver in game 2 but I think he'll feel better in his home enviromnent. GO THE BLUES. NEW SOUTH WELSHMEN

Great signature by the way Ningnangnong.

Grant is surprising but the right call. I like Woods, but he's still too young for my liking. He's only had a patch of great form. Grant has at the very least been good for over 2 seasons now.

Should be a cracker of a game, can't wait.

Thanks B-man. :handshake:

I think the two changes will make a huge difference for NSW (although one of those couldn't be helped).

I rate Tim Grant really highly, and having him start up front alongside Tamou with Gallen in the backrow will mean NSW have plenty of go forward in their pack. So, if the halves can get it right, there could be a fair bit of space to exploit on the fringes through Bird and Stewart.

I'm pretty worried TBH, that is a really strong side... except for Creagh, who is clearly there to bring the lolz.

Much better team but I still think they lack points in that spine. They look even better equipt for the forwards slog which they probably won on a split points decision in game one anyway. I just do not see this side scoring over 20 points against the Maroons and as we have seen many times QLD doesn't need that many chances to put 20 odd on the board, so if we get the better of NSW in the forwards for decent periods I do not see them matching our side.

This is a very strong side. Their back row looks very good, as does their whole pack.

It will also be a game where we will discover if their "spine" has gelled further after game 1, and if Carney has stopped shi**tig himself. If so, I only see a few points in this if Qld maintain the intensity. If they slack off, I can see a lot of NSW points given the above caveats.

Still amazed Creagh is there!

I don't neccessarily think Creagh is a bad player, but I think they way the NSW team is trying to use him doesn't fit in with his style of play.

Much better team.

They made a good decision to have Farah for the 80, bringing in Bedsy or anyone else would have been worse for the team.

Tim Grant is a very good player and Watmough is a good addition to the team. This is probably the best blue side in years, if the halves pick up their game they could go close to a win.

Also a dragons fan mate of mine pointed out creagh will actually be used as a backrower not a prop. This is a very good side & should win in Sydney. Very nervous about 7in a row all of a sudden.

I'm actually worried about that team.

Except for Prancer Creagh.

Excellent team for NSW. Finally they have the balance right, and I think they'll find a little bit of loyalty will go a long way. Unfortunately for them QLD are likely to go unchanged and can improve so much on their game 1 performance.

How much difference does a month make? In the Official NSW Team for Game 1, many of us were doubting their selections, however after Melbourne and 2 selection changes (of which 1 is only being made by choice) and we are suddenly concerned!!

This looks a very strong side and the bookies should have NSW as favourites for Game 2. Our pack is really going to have to step it back to where they were in 2011, hopefully the flu-theory was true and we can win up front.

It's a repeat of last year, NSW have everything to play for since if they lose its over plus its in sydney and NSW will be more fired up after the game 1 controversy.

nah QLD will win in sydney and nsw will get us at home in the dead rubber.

It's a repeat of last year, NSW have everything to play for since if they lose its over plus its in sydney and NSW will be more fired up after the game 1 controversy.

And the referees will be primed and ready too ;)

Dunno about Grant, I don't think he's going to be around the NSW side for long. Woods seems like the most promising forward coming through along with Tamou for them. He'll definitely be there before long.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Skathen
  • Wild Horse
  • winslow_wong
  • cento
  • Hurrijo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Maddy
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.