12. Sam Thaiday - Townsville Brothers

13. Ashley Harrison - Aspley Norths

Interchange

14. Cooper Cronk - Brisbane Souths

15. Corey Parker - Logan Brothers

16. Jacob Lillyman - Richmond Tigers

17. Ben Hannant - Burleigh Bears

18. David Taylor - Blackwater Crushers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gonna be any surprises for game 1? I'd go for:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Harrison
13. Johnson
--------------------
14. Cronk
15. Myles
16. Shillington
17. Taylor

Re: QLD 2011

Hard to argue with that at all.

But I'll be picky and say start with Myles for the opening craziness and bench Harrison. Plus haven't seen much of Taylor, you'd have to think Hannant and Parker would be very close on his heels.

I would love to see Barba in that utility role - but it will never happen.

Fairly spot on Jeb - Hannant may come in for Taylor, although I feel as if Meninga will keep him there for the sake of the future.

Queensland bolters

Ben Barba - Rated the next Bowen and could be an X-Factor off the bench.

Martin Kennedy - One of the form props in the game and has a big future.

Scott Bolton - Was the most lethal backrow in the game last year. Injuries have prevented him from boosting his claim but showed some good signs last week. A couple of good games between now and then may snare him Costigan's spot.

How long is Boyd out with the hammy?

We also tuqiri, Tate and costigan injured

i'd go with

01. Slater
02. Boyd
03. Inglis
04. Hodges
05. Yow Yeh
06. Lockyer
07. Thurston
08. Scott
09. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Parker

14. Cronk
15. Hannant
16. Taylor
17. Harrison

01. Slater
02. Boyd
03. Inglis
04. Hodges
05. Yow Yeh / Tonga - tonga deserves his spot, he has held the fort well since hodges has been out
06. Lockyer
07. Thurston
08. Scott
09. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Cronk
15. Shillington
16. Taylor
17. bolton / kennedy / hannant

i think it would be a mistake to have both harrison and johnson in the side so im going with harrison for his extra attacking ability. Dont really feel like hannant should be there, he isnt up to origin atm imo, id prefer bolton or kennedy but i cant see that happening

I went with both Harrison and Johnson because having them both there reduces the pressure on Thaiday to play 80 minutes. They both started in games 2 and 3 of 2008 and it wasn't a problem either so I don't think having them both there is any problem.

Jeba said:
I went with both Harrison and Johnson because having them both there reduces the pressure on Thaiday to play 80 minutes. They both started in games 2 and 3 of 2008 and it wasn't a problem either so I don't think having them both there is any problem.

Agree. And playing either on the bench is a bit of a waste. Both being so strong defensively I reckon they'd be at home playing in the first 20 mins.

Only thing is Nate Myles is more a workhorse than anything, so he doesn't provide that much impact either. It's a bit of a dilemma. But Myles being bigger it makes sense he'd make more impact off the bench.

Wonder if there's any thought of playing Sam on the bench. Go with Myles, Johnson and Harrison to start and absorb the early barrage, then let Sam on when things loosen up a bit, hunting on the fringes with Taylor. Kinda sexy thought IMO.

I like that Coxy. I like it a lot.

So swap Myles and Thaiday for my team.

Harrison is fairly adaptable. When he first came into the team he was sensational on the left edge. Caused all kinds of problems. It's a role we rarely see him in these days, but I've no doubt on those performances he is up to it.

Johnson has to be there.

No chance for Parker?

As great as his club form has been, I don't think you can justify picking him ahead of someone like Harrison or Johnson.

Code:
XXXX Maroons Squad: Matt Ballin, Ben Barba, Darius Boyd, Petero Civoniceva, Cooper Cronk, Ben Hannant, Ashley Harrison, Justin Hodges, Greg Inglis, Dallas Johnson, Martin Kennedy, Jacob Lillyman, Darren Lockyer, Nate Myles, Corey Parker, Matt Scott, David Shillington, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, David Taylor, Sam Thaiday, Johnathan Thurston, Willie Tonga, Daniel Vidot, Jharal Yow Yeh.

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=ar ... oons-squad

?6 Broncos have been named : Ben Hannant, Justin Hodges, Darren Lockyer, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker and Jharal Yow Yeh

Daniel Vidot and Jharal Yow Yeh, that's going to be interesting but I think Yow Yeh will get the nod.
Hodges, Lockyer, Thaiday are certainties IMO. Hannant will very likely get selected too I think. I hope Parker gets a spot, he wouldn't disappoint, he's a fantastic player.

Considering Boyd is injured, he might not be ready for game 1 so Vidot and Yow Yeh might both get a run. From there it's up to them to make the selectors keep them.

Lillyman is the only real surprise out of the lot.

Lillyman has been very good, but I can't see him getting a start. Likewise Parker and Kennedy.

From that squad I would pick:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tonga
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Harrison
13. Johnson

14. Cronk
15. Shillington
16. Taylor
17. Myles

Lock it in Eddie.

Was going to start Myles at lock but he can play any position bar 9 in the pack. Johnson and Harrison some people may say cancel each other out but Harrison provides a bit more ball play on the left edge whilst still solid defender. Johnson will tighten up the core - he can tackle himself to a standstill for first 30 minutes, bring Myles on to truck it up for next 25-30 and Johnson comes back on to secure that middle area.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • jarro65
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.