OFFICIAL: QLD MAROONS GAME 1 - TEAM

Re: QLD 2011

As the season goes on the Queenslanders just keep looking better and NSW keep getting shit. Who knows what will happen in the halves for them, with Carney back in training he's a shout but his form has been patchy this season anyway. Will they even want to select him after he fell off the wagon? Soward may well be out too so chances are we might see a halves combo of 6. Mullen 7. Pearce, which I don't see as enough to topple Queensland.

If Inglis is out, Tonga slots straight in. The rest of the team almost picks itself.

so if Boyd is still hamstrung, GI needs a hip replacement, and Vidot in QCup, we shuffle for the standard

Tonga
Hodges
Yow Yeh

but who gets the other wing spot ... hmmm

I hope they don't go silly and put Slater on a wing with Barba at fullback

who would the bolter be ?

Oink !

If Tuqiri is still injured I reckon they'd go for Dane Neilson.

Lote is due back the Sunday after Origin. He might be worth a roll of the dice. Otherwise you're looking at Ashley Graham or the kids from the emerging Origin squad in Zillman, Nielsen or Justin O'Neill.

m1c said:
Lote is due back the Sunday after Origin. He might be worth a roll of the dice. Otherwise you're looking at Ashley Graham or the kids from the emerging Origin squad in Zillman, Nielsen or Justin O'Neill.

we don't need any outside backs, but gees I wish we could get our hands on O'Neill for the right price ... he looks the goods to me, yet they persist with Duffie and Neilsen in front of him

maybe I need to see more of him

but nice to know he is a Queenslander

Oink !

ps You right Rocky, doesn't matter who we pick, we'll win

Well according to mal meningas FB status Boyd and GI are looking good

Pigskin said:
so if Boyd is still hamstrung, GI needs a hip replacement, and Vidot in QCup, we shuffle for the standard

Tonga
Hodges
Yow Yeh

but who gets the other wing spot ... hmmm

I hope they don't go silly and put Slater on a wing with Barba at fullback

who would the bolter be ?

Oink !
Steve Michaels on the wing.

Vidot would be the likely choice, a stint in Qld Cup hasn't stopped Meninga in the past - just ask Neville, Lillyman and Hannay.

O'Neil would be my choice personally. Strong player who isn't a liability as a winger.

Wish Tomane would get a go at the Titans - has something else happened to him or is a backrower honestly a better option at centre than him? He was awesome in that opening five rounds for the Tits last year.

Tomane is already one of the best centres in QLD IMO. Has much better scope than Idris and will easily be a better player than Champion. He has defensive frailties the Titans want him to address. With the signings of Idris and potentially Champion, I'm not too sure where this leaves him.

I'm a bit worried he may be lost to the game.

So if justin and inglis are out for game 1, who are our centres. I imagine Tonga is a definite, but who else??? If only Tate was fit. Does yow yeh slot in?? or boyd?? or do we go for someone else??? Keen to hear everyones thoughts.

I'd have Boyd and tonga in the centres with yow yeh and zillion on the wings

Browny said:
I'd have Boyd and tonga in the centres with yow yeh and zillion on the wings
I'd prefer Michaels to Zillman tbh

Nielsen should be there if we're sufferring that badly from injuries IMO.

Oh yeah, forgot him too

It's a pity Tony Trim is from NSW. I'd move Boyd to centre and put Trim on the wing. That guy is a proven origin try scorer

I have it from a very credible source that the QLD team will be named as such:

1. Slater
2. Yow Yeh
3. Tonga
4. Neilson
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Cronk
15. Parker
16. Lillyman
17. Hannant

18. Taylor

honestly, if its correct - which i think it is going by the source - i do not like that bench one bit. Lillyman? Parker? not happy. definitely the weakest team we've had for a few years IMO. do not like our chances once Petro, Scott and Thaiday/Myles go off.

Yeah that's the likely side AP with only that centre position in question.

Not exactly confident.

Swap Lillyman with Johnson and that's what I'd go with. Parker can play the prop role better than most NSW props, and Thaiday and Myles can easily cover it too. Johnson has been immense for QLD in the past, while Lillyman has never been anything but a passenger.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • NSW stables
  • FACTHUNT
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Tmac
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.