OFFICIAL: QLD MAROONS GAME 1 - TEAM

Re: QLD 2011

I'd have Harrison move into the second row, Johnson into lock and Thaiday on the bench at the expense of Lillyman.

They announce it tomorrow, right? I always love this time of the year when I play the waiting game!

1pm.

I have a uni class on then. :|

Will be madly refreshing mah phone!

ningnangnong said:
I'd have Harrison move into the second row, Johnson into lock and Thaiday on the bench at the expense of Lillyman.

Yeah, pretty much exactly that.

Alec said:
ningnangnong said:

Yeah, pretty much exactly that.

Great minds think alike. icon_thumbs_u

I also heard Lillyman and Parker on the bench.

QLD 2011

Can't believe the selection of Parker and lillyman. Taylor should be there

Mals FB post seems to back what channel 7 showed on the news

Parker deserves it. Would be comfortable with Taylor or lillyman in the 17 to be honest

Yep. Lillyman has been going great for the Warriors.

Very concerned about Neilsen TBH.

Neilsen is okay but it's pretty hard to be up for a game like this when you know you're nothing but a stop-gap.

He needs to go in with the mind-set that this is his opportunity and he could possibly fill the wing spot if things go well.

I reckon these team selections make for a very exciting Game 1.

I just don't rate him as an Origin footballer. The lack of alternatives is seriously worrying though.

Nielsen is a quality player. Very underrated IMO.

Nielsen?! Sheesh... I don't know... Surely not Nielsen/Yow Yeh... that's harsh!... They would target target that.

Definitely the weakest team in a long time - I mean, Parker is good but I don't see what having him on the bench offers... We have a Harrison. I'd rather have put DT, who cares about form... since when have QLD ever relied on form?!

Professor47 said:
Nielsen?! Sheesh... I don't know... Surely not Nielsen/Yow Yeh... that's harsh!... They would target target that.

Definitely the weakest team in a long time - I mean, Parker is good but I don't see what having him on the bench offers... We have a Harrison. I'd rather have put DT, who cares about form... since when have QLD ever relied on form?!

I think it's DT's attitude they're worrying about. He's, well, a cat. He only plays when he feels like it.

Surely they'd have Yow Yeh/Tonga on the right and Nielsen/Boyd on the left. I'm comfortable with that.

Alec said:
Swap Lillyman with Johnson and that's what I'd go with. Parker can play the prop role better than most NSW props, and Thaiday and Myles can easily cover it too. Johnson has been immense for QLD in the past, while Lillyman has never been anything but a passenger.

Have you seen Parker take a tough hit up in the middle in the last 3 years? I haven't. Can play well on a fringe but not in the middle he pussy foots around too much and throws desperation offloads. Taylor should definitely be there, he has had 1 series to get used to it and now is his opportunity to get amongst it.

Is GI definitely out?

NSW have to be a real chance now that our main centres are out.

Talk is that Gasnier might not play either if his wife goes into labor with their first kid

Lillyman's blossomed since he moved from second row into the props. Real straight up the guts, hard hitting, no nonsense style. He's been in great form this season and will not let Queensland down. Congratulations Jacob

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Thelmus
  • Tim K
  • Ondi
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • Justwin
  • TimWhatley
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.