OFFICIAL: QLD MAROONS GAME 1 - TEAM

Re: QLD 2011

Je$ter said:
Alec said:
Swap Lillyman with Johnson and that's what I'd go with. Parker can play the prop role better than most NSW props, and Thaiday and Myles can easily cover it too. Johnson has been immense for QLD in the past, while Lillyman has never been anything but a passenger.

Have you seen Parker take a tough hit up in the middle in the last 3 years? I haven't. Can play well on a fringe but not in the middle he pussy foots around too much and throws desperation offloads. Taylor should definitely be there, he has had 1 series to get used to it and now is his opportunity to get amongst it.

Is GI definitely out?

GI is out.

As for Parker in the middle, when the **** has Taylor done it? He only wants to run at little guys. He's a cat

Is the announcement being shown somewhere or will it just be posted on the QRL website?

I'm really not keen on Parker being there, but only because the last time he was given a shot at origin he went missing. Lillyman I'm not sure about also.

Scotty said:
I'm really not keen on Parker being there, but only because the last time he was given a shot at origin he went missing.

Harsh. That was 6 years ago.

Parkers workrate is just what's needed in an origin side ... he'll do fine.

I'm more worried about our lack of strikepower out wide now [icon_frown

XXXX QUEENSLAND MAROONS TEAM

(Name & Junior Club)

1. Billy Slater - Innisfail Brothers

2. Darius Boyd - Mudgeeraba Redbacks

3. Dane Nielsen - Mackay Norths

4. Willie Tonga - Cherbourg Hornets

5. Jharal Yow Yeh - Brisbane Norths

6. Darren Lockyer (c) - Roma Cities

7. Johnathan Thurston - Sunnybank Souths

8. Matthew Scott - Longreach Tigers

9. Cameron Smith - Logan Brothers

10. Petero Civoniceva - Redcliffe Dolphins

11. Nate Myles - Cairns Souths

12. Sam Thaiday - Townsville Brothers

13. Ashley Harrison - Aspley Norths

Interchange

14. Cooper Cronk - Brisbane Souths

15. Corey Parker - Logan Brothers

16. Jacob Lillyman - Richmond Tigers

17. Ben Hannant - Burleigh Bears

18. David Taylor - Blackwater Crushers

Good source AP!!!!! Can you ask him what the lotto numbers will be on Saturday?

I haven't seen Lillyman go around much this year - has he been tearing it up?

Jeba said:

im his source... but i have a source :P

QUEENSLANDER said:
Jeba said:

im his source... but i have a source :P

Anthony Minichiello and Mark Gasnier?

What an underwhelming set of centers. Personally I would have been in favour of putting Boyd in centers and getting an out and out winger.

No Hodges, No Inglis, No Folau - our strikeforce has been pretty dented. I'm thinking NSW could be a good bet this year.

One of those feelings.

Yeah I agree - Boyd would have been slotted in my team at centre. Still, the nucleus of the side is intact and that's the important thing.

Can imagine Boyd and Nielsen switching around at centre/wing a bit during attack. Boyd's tackle busting ability could be good.

Ditto Yow Yeh and Tonga.

I suppose it all gets down to our forwards having to dominate theirs .... something i'm pretty sure we'll be able to do

Should have put Boyd in the centres and Shearer on the wing

While a few selections leave the team looking under strength in comparison to recent seasons, the starting pack is virtually the same as last year and our 1, 6, 7, 9 combo remains in tact also. We'll be right.

Clintos said:
I just don't rate him as an Origin footballer. The lack of alternatives is seriously worrying though.
This is the point of QLD origin. We NEVER have the depth of NSW, so when the underdog "no name" gets called up and puts on the Maroon jersey he turns into a world beater. 8-) It's the stuff dreams are made of.

Rip in Dane!

Scotty said:
While a few selections leave the team looking under strength in comparison to recent seasons, the starting pack is virtually the same as last year and our 1, 6, 7, 9 combo remains in tact also. We'll be right.
This^^^^

Boyd, Nielsen, Tonga and Yow Yeh only need to take a few dummy runs to rest our forwards, and finish the opportunities that our 1, 6, 7 and 9 will undoubtedly create after our forwards pave the way!

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.