Official Queensland Side For Game 1

is it wrong to hope he gets stood down so papa gets a shot?

It's that same selection loyalty that has Slater still at fullback when Inglis is clearly the best in the game at this point.
not really.

slater started off the year in incredible form, just like inglis, and has still been playing well in their losses. i didnt see the souths game this week, but going by his stats inglis mustve been MIA or injured.

so far this year, slater leads inglis in try assists (5 to 4), linebreaks (11 to 9), linebreak assists (5 to 4), offloads (13 to 3) and missed tackles (9 to 14). inglis leads in tries (11 to 6), tackle breaks (74 to 44), penalties conceded (8 to 4) and errors (7 to 14).

loyalty alone didnt get slater selected at fullback. its the only thing that could possibly have gotten gillett selected.

Slater is a terrible comparison to use really because if anything he's evidence that Queensland selectors will only tolerate so much.

Slater's contributions from 04-05 were far greater than anything Gillett had produced in 2012 yet he was unceremoniously dropped in 2005 for Bowen in the decider.

Gillett shouldn't be there. My only hope is that we've mockered him so badly he pulls up one big fluke play and scores us a win in Sydney.

If Meyers, Webb and Carlaw can have Origin moments - so can Gillett.

I think Gillett should do a duty for his state and say it was him who punched this bitch in the face so he gets dropped and Big Papi plays.

Haha, love it. Gillet is definitely the weak link in our team

theres no point flaming him as the same people will bring out the same old "but but but remember those games in 2010! he deserves selection in the 2013 origin team because of those games and always will no matter how bad hes been for 18+ months!" line.

he was given 3 games last series, after being picked on some of the worst performances from a fulltime broncos player in recent history, and proceeded to shit the bed in all 3 games, doing very little work and making no positive impact. yet here we are 12 months later, still playing poorly, and he gets chosen again.

good old selection loyalty.

You have got to be kidding? I don't think I've seen one person say that Gillett should be picked this year. The only thing i've read is that Gillett is ordinary at club level and down right terrible in origin.

Also I don't think people can't say he's being picked out of loyalty when he's only played a few games. My question and probably everyone else's is why the hell is he being picked? I am not sure we will ever see Gillett at that 2010 level again. He's another waste of cap space for the Broncos in my opinion. Until he recaptures that form keep him away from origin!

I'd happily drop Gillett or McQueen to make way for Papalii. I think Gillett has better offense while McQueen has better defence.

I would drop Gillett and replace him at all, just have an empty bench space, it would be more beneficial than picking him :)

You have got to be kidding? I don't think I've seen one person say that Gillett should be picked this year. The only thing i've read is that Gillett is ordinary at club level and down right terrible in origin.

Also I don't think people can't say he's being picked out of loyalty when he's only played a few games. My question and probably everyone else's is why the hell is he being picked? I am not sure we will ever see Gillett at that 2010 level again. He's another waste of cap space for the Broncos in my opinion. Until he recaptures that form keep him away from origin!

Errr did you read his post? maybe try a bit harder next time :sleep:

I wish for once there could be a discussion that maintains some kind of sensibility without going to extremes all the time as people just lose credibility. For instance, no one is claiming that gillett is in the form he had in 2010, but the facts are he is playing good footy. Do him and McQueen deserve to be there? Probably not but I think they are there because they want to go with four backrowers and combined with Parker and teo they are probably the best four backrowers available.

My personal opinion is papalli should be there over gillett and McQueen but having any sort of discussion about this loses meaning when people start saying "it would be better to play with 16 to leave out gillett" or "he is a waste of cap space and shouldn't even be playing first grade". By anyone's opinion that simply isn't true and exaggeration s like that are just pointless and add nothing IMO

You are right AP, he is not playing good footy, but he is playing well enough to still be picked. It's like most of the Broncos, they play just good enough to get picked each week (except for a couple who still get picked regardless of how they play). This is club level by the way... the question still remains if he can barely play well enough in club level how the hell can he get picked for origin?

He's not playing anywhere near as bad as people make out here, certainly playing much better than last season, but hey... He's not pulling flick passes and out of his arse, so he's not "good".

I do believe Papalii should be there though, but I would remove McQueen or Te'o from the squad before removing Gillett.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Behold
  • Alec
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • mieko
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.