Official Queensland Side For Game 1

Origin eligibility isnt based on ur first juniors game tho mate.

Beads, i hope your right! strange that QRL wouldnt have him listed tho

If he's not QLD eligible he's not NSW eligible that's for sure. He played football in Cairns and then played NYC at Souths.

He's probably not on the QRL list because he will play for PNG in the World Cup. Not sure how long afte the World Cup before he is eligible for QLD.

On the topic of replacement Hooker after Cam Smith retires..

Jake Friend (23)
Matt Srama (22)
James Segeyaro (22) (If eligible)

We're pretty spoiled in that department.

I don't like the bench, it's far too light IMO
I guess Ben Ross is a player never to be selected again?
I thought his form at the Sharks has been quite good over the past 2 years

care to share what you found wrong with them?

he hasnt been great, but he hasnt been bad IMO. still making line breaks and looking dangerous, but the finishing touches and execution just havent been there. they havent been there for the whole team for a month though. IMO cronks the one whos been playing the worst out of their big 3. pushing kicks that hes done a million times that have led to tries more often than not a few metres too far, picking the wrong time for the short ball to hoffman etc/behind to slater.

Yeah that's about how I see it too, although Cronk could be a victim of his own high standards, he has had an insane last 6 months.

Slater to me just looks to be down on that explosive speed, possibly carrying an injury, or as you say maybe the boys in front of him aren't creating the same space and timing as they were.

Smith was back to his best against the chooks and with so many other good players in our backline I'm looking forward to Billy having a bit more room and doing something special in game 1.

I can see Billy just exploding into form in Origin this year and continuing that on for the Storm for the rest of the year.

Ahhh, Cage is such a bad actor it's great to watch. Parker can play in the front row no problems, he definitely has to be picked in the side.

They have gotten the bench very wrong IMO. Gillett has no place there this year, Papalii is clearly screaming for a spot, no props and at least one of Parker/McQueen/Te'o is surplus to requirements.

Gidley has been ruled out this morning, which is a blessing in disguise for them IMO. Someone like Tariq Sims, or even another prop like Tim Grant can cause us a lot of problems. I can see NSW winning this one.

They have gotten the bench very wrong IMO. Gillett has no place there this year, Papalii is clearly screaming for a spot, no props and at least one of Parker/McQueen/Te'o is surplus to requirements.

Gidley has been ruled out this morning, which is a blessing in disguise for them IMO. Someone like Tariq Sims, or even another prop like Tim Grant can cause us a lot of problems. I can see NSW winning this one.

Yeah I'm worried more this year than any other year.

I said it last week, NSW will win this game. Nothing since has changed my mind.

NSW by 8.

No Macca?

Macca has to be in that list IMO. I know he is one of BHQ's favourite whipping boys currently but he is definitely within that group and for mine he's only competition is Jake Friend. I really don't rate Srama as highly as some and segeyaro is an impact hooker, I really doubt he would handle 80 minutes of origin.

please no. hooker is/should be an 80 minute position, especially in origin.

Could not agree more, taking a bench hooker into origin would be a disaster, you cant afford to waste a bench spot in origin.

9. Friend 14. Segeyaro wouldbe a disaster, unless you support NSW that is

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Nerd
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • mitch222
  • BruiserMk1
  • Scorchie
  • Tim K
  • Dazza 92
  • levikaden
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncsNBundy
  • pennywisealfie
... and 53 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.