15. Watamong 181cm 94kg
16. Merrin 181cm 102 kg
17. Fifita 196cm 114kg

vs

14. Parker 188cm 102kg
15. Gillett 187cm 103kg
16. Teo 189cm 106kg
17. McQueen 189cm 102kg

So Fifita is the only player who has a size advantage over any of our bench players.
if only size was an advantage in state of origin. its not.

our bench is terrible tbh. individually i have no problem with teo and mcqueen being there. gillett shouldve been left right out, and parker is only needed in the team if harrison isnt in it. those 4 together on the bench? absolute rubbish. id say mcqueen was picked to cover wing/centre injuries, but come on....4 second rowers?

on paper and form this will be a walkover for NSW. probably even more nervous this year than last year tbh.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Leaked Queensland Side For Game 1

If we lose game 1, I think we'll pick a better side and win game 2 at home. Then win the decider.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

I just wanna see DCE play! Damn it!

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011

I'm fuming, Parker should withdraw and play for the Broncos. Wasted on the bench.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011

He's way better then Harrison, either start him at lock or don't have in the team at all.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Harrison and Parker aren't really the same. Harrison plays left edge, Parker usually plays middle. Harrison has fantastic defence, protecting both Thurston and Inglis, and has a nice passing game too. He can cover the backs and 5/8th too. Certainly more valuable than Te'o/Gillett/McQueen.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Last year, NSW's pack mobility, not size, was what gave us most issues.
I think Mal has chosen this bench to combat that, however, I agree Papalii would be a great addition instead of Harrison.

I don't think you should have Harrison and Parker in the same team in the first place...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Harrison and Parker are nothing alike. I'd flip McQueen or Gillett for Papalii and Start with Te'o instead of Shillington

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011

if only size was an advantage in state of origin. its not.

our bench is terrible tbh. individually i have no problem with teo and mcqueen being there. gillett shouldve been left right out, and parker is only needed in the team if harrison isnt in it. those 4 together on the bench? absolute rubbish. id say mcqueen was picked to cover wing/centre injuries, but come on....4 second rowers?

on paper and form this will be a walkover for NSW. probably even more nervous this year than last year tbh.

Will you be going on another rant about the refs like last year? :laugh:

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Last year, NSW's pack mobility, not size, was what gave us most issues.
I think Mal has chosen this bench to combat that, however, I agree Papalii would be a great addition instead of Harrison.

I don't think you should have Harrison and Parker in the same team in the first place...

In 2011 though, NSW had the same game plan. Queensland's counter game plan was to preserve energy and try to absorb NSW's mobility, try not to get burnt out. It backfired, as even our big men traded impact for stamina, and NSW got their easy roll-ons. In the decider, Qld decided simply to muscle up, use their big men to manhandle the Blues, so they never got that roll on. Seems to me that Qld are going back to their original plan, and the lack of impact will be their downfall.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Harrison and Parker are nothing alike. I'd flip McQueen or Gillett for Papalii and Start with Te'o instead of Shillington

Have to argue that because they are very much alike. They both defend in the "middle third" ....do the grunt yards in defence....the clean up work etc etc

and both have decent ball playing skills.

Personally I'd have Parker over Harrison .....but I don't know if what else on offer rates more than having them both in the side.

Definitely take Papalii over Gillett.....McQueen should be Hannant next game though I would have probably picked Kennedy or maybe chanced Mcguire for the vacant prop role this time round. Bit unsure about Mal's McQueen decision.

Like your starting Teo theory....although I'd like to take it one step further and start with Papalii instead.

Send him out on a mission to nail Gallen

.....it would be soooo sweet. :rockon:

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008

Definitely take Papalii over Gillett.....McQueen should be Hannant next game though I would have probably picked Kennedy or maybe chanced Mcguire for the vacant prop role this time round. Bit unsure about Mal's McQueen decision.

:rockon:

The thought of having Gillett come on and push someone over must be terrifying the Blues.:scared:

You have to have someone who can smash the opposition, unbelievable Big Papa was left out.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I can only echo everyone else - not at all impressed with that bench.

Maybe if we keep posting about Big Papa, he'll eventually get in the team somehow!

I'm on the Big Papa bandwagon, come join me!

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We need mongrel on the bench. Nsw have fifita and watmough who are constantly on angry pills and love nothing more than to put on a big hit. Gillet likes to think he can, but he's pretty shit in defence nowadays. Papalii loves a big hit and really isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. I was excited about the idea of him taking gallen head on. None of our bench can match their energy or aggression.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Who the **** is McQueen?

How did Gillett make the team? Is there no other back rowers in qld?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
No way that team is the same one that lines up next Wednesday.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • john1420
  • Lostboy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Rambstien
  • Johnny92
  • johnyE
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.