Official Queensland Side For Game 1

Re: Leaked Queensland Side For Game 1

If we don't have at least 1 prop on the bench we'll be in strife !!

Kennedy should be there IMO

Not a fan of it right now but I will be come game night.

As much as I've questioned his support, it's good to see a player like McQueen come from bush footy and make his way into Origin. Really hope he takes that next step.

Can't see us winning with that bench. If we get steam rolled early there is no coming back when the bench forward come on. Can't believe they would pick McQueen or Gillett over Papalii.

Re: Round 12 - Broncos vs. Warriors - Pre-Match Discussion

with darius boyd most likely to miss origin 1, what other wingers do qld have.. Maranta might get a call up

Not a fan of it right now but I will be come game night.

As much as I've questioned his support, it's good to see a player like McQueen come from bush footy and make his way into Origin. Really hope he takes that next step.

Wynnum Qld Cup is the bush?

I reckon Harrison could be a late scratching and Papalii will come in.

Well, a lot of people do consider Queensland Cup bush league. :001_tt2:

Point taken, but my point is that he's come leaps and bounds over his career and always put his best foot forward. Good to see that type of player rewarded.

Last edited:

Going by the NRL.com stats

14. Kurt Gidley 182cm 90kg
15. Watamong 181cm 94kg
16. Merrin 181cm 102 kg
17. Fifita 196cm 114kg

vs

14. Parker 188cm 102kg
15. Gillett 187cm 103kg
16. Teo 189cm 106kg
17. McQueen 189cm 102kg

So Fifita is the only player who has a size advantage over any of our bench players.

Watmeow only 94 kg? hard to believe.

I've usually been fairly impressed with Mal's sides over the years, this bench is just lolworthy though.

Not surprised to see that side named although I thought big Papalii was a chance.

No disrespect to ash Harrison but I do hope he's a late scratching. Parker to lock and papalli on the bench would be so much better for the team

I reckon Harrison could be a late scratching and Papalii will come in.

That would be a blessing in disguise IMO. Harrison and Parker are similar in what they offer and I think Papali is a different type of player that we really need.

What I think is really stupid is that there are no props on the bench on the basis of Myles and Thaiday can play there, yet both will start. So at no point can we bring on a fresh prop onto the field -- IMO that's going to be criminal against a team with the likes of Merrin and Fifita on the bench.

I would be very tempted to rush Lee into the side if Boyd is out, I know it's probably before his time but he is so similar to Taquri at the same age, also him going up against a team mate in Ferguson he might not be overawed as much.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.