[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I thought you guys might be happy to hear this news even though it does not help soon. Word from inside Broncos is they will be going hard after Cameron Smith and want him as captain.
Might not get him but at least we know they will be trying

Last edited:
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Rumour that I have heard on another forum, they want him for next season

If we signed Smith I'd actually be excited to watch the Broncos play. :laugh:

if smith leaves melbourne they may as well pack the club up and move to perth because melbourne people will 100% stop caring when the side is no longer a premiership team.

I am sure they would want him for next season but how would Storm let him go early

If we were to make a play for him, we'd have to get him from next year onwards IMO.

Even though he's still playing good football at age 30, we need him to be here playing for as many seasons as his body allows.

Throw everything at him to get him here, but still leave something for Barba ;)

Red Hill must've really listened to Lockys statement about us lacking in the hooker department. My hopes are sky high, don't break my heart Gee

I'd say this decision might have been made long before Lockys recent statement.

if smith leaves melbourne they may as well pack the club up and move to perth because melbourne people will 100% stop caring when the side is no longer a premiership team.

Totally disagree, if they didn't leave during the salary cap incidents, they will never leave. Smitty ain't coming, just another bullshit rumour.

Baptiste/Granville would learn so much from him though.

I can't really see why anyone wouldn't want him here ??

We have a better chance of getting the Loch Ness Monster at the Broncos than Cameron Smith.

It's a ploy from Smith to get more money from the Storm. He won't leave Melbourne.

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to believe that the club that's failed to sign anyone prolific in the past few years even though some have been absolutely giftwrapped and dropped on our doorstep, are now going to go and get the best player in the game midway through his contract, from the most consistent side of the past 6-7 years.

They must think we're idiots? It is nothing more than a throwaway line from Broncos management to appease us supporters and to take the focus off Griffins dreadful performance as coach.

Last edited:
Baptiste/Granville would learn so much from him though.

I'd rather they didn't though. Last time we had someone try to replicate his style, we got McCullough. He's the best player in the world, neither Baptiste or Granville will be able to replicate it. McCullough could probably benefit though, since he seems committed to emulating Smith.

We have a better chance of getting the Loch Ness Monster at the Broncos than Cameron Smith.

It's a ploy from Smith to get more money from the Storm. He won't leave Melbourne.

Exactly right. There is no way in hell smith will leave Melbourne, this is just the cooper Cronk saga all over again. Hopefully this time bellemy will spare everyone the theatrics

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to believe that the club that's failed to sign anyone prolific in the past few years even though some have been absolutely giftwrapped and dropped on our doorstep, are now going to go and get the best player in the game midway through his contract, from the most consistent side of the past 6-7 years.

They must think we're idiots? It is nothing more than a throwaway line from Broncos management to appease us supporters and to take the focus on Griffins dreadful performance as coach.

Spot on.

You lot make me laugh :laugh:
No one said we would get him just saying at least they are not sitting on their hands this time and will make a play. Just makes me happy to know that they are at last realising our roster needs someone from outside
Oh and it is not midway through his contract that came out of Red Hill it is his next contract

Last edited:

Totally disagree, if they didn't leave during the salary cap incidents, they will never leave. Smitty ain't coming, just another bullshit rumour.
You may be right here but they had a big point to prove after the salary cap rorting which was the motivation for staying
BTW isnt this the rumour forum, you will never get all rumours being 100% correct some are going to be bullshit

Last edited:

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • whykickamoocow
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tim K
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.