I'd be very VERY excited.......

35453940_zpsf24532e4.jpg

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
You lot make me laugh :laugh:
No one said we would get him just saying at least they are not sitting on their hands this time and will make a play. Just makes me happy to know that they are at last realising our roster needs someone from outside
Oh and it is not midway through his contract that came out of Red Hill it is his next contract

I don't want to be mr pessimistic (seems I've already got two quality competitors for that title anyway..) but seriously, who the **** cares if they talk about getting someone. I don't want talk, I'm tired of talk, talk is cheap. Actions are what is required, and really, considering the past few seasons, anything less than having the alleged signing sitting right next to the coach talking about how great it is to be signed with the Broncos is not good enough. period.

Not having a go at you, Splinter - you're only passing on what you hear. I just don't believe it, pure and simple, and given the actions of management, why should we believe that there's anything on the cards? We're in one of the worst patches ever in the clubs history, and all you hear from management:

everythings fine
we got a quality squad and coach
it's not griffins fault
i'm sure we'll win a premiership again soon because of our awesome squad.
did i mention we heavily invested in this future premiership winning squad (that's won 11/33 and lost 6/7).

Last edited:
Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
if we cant get peats to sign with us over parramatta of all clubs, while having to be at least $1mil under the salary cap, we're in a worse situation than we thought.
While this is an amusing thought he may not want to leave Sydney. Might be hard to find a Redfern up here

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Not getting my hopes up as it's very unlikely too see Cameron Smith play anwhere else other than Melbourne but it would be so awesome if we signed him, I would be over the moon.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I don't want to be mr pessimistic (seems I've already got two quality competitors for that title anyway..) but seriously, who the **** cares if they talk about getting someone. I don't want talk, I'm tired of talk, talk is cheap. Actions are what is required, and really, considering the past few seasons, anything less than having the alleged signing sitting right next to the coach talking about how great it is to be signed with the Broncos is not good enough. period.

Not having a go at you, Splinter - you're only passing on what you hear. I just don't believe it, pure and simple.
Understand your frustration as most others on here would but the only place you will get news like that is the Broncos website and that has been lacking for years now.
So for now we have to get our fleeting 30 seconds of feel good from rumours and then have our happiness crushed by "We have the squad to win the premiership, we don't need anyone else":crying:

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Not getting my hopes up as it's very unlikely too see Cameron Smith play anwhere else other than Melbourne but it would be so awesome if we signed him, I would be over the moon.
Hey Broncoman
You had better change your hopes for 2013. You can cross off no 1. No 2 NSW might win but it won't be 3-0

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
You know what, I wouldn't be disappointed to miss out on Smith. Sure he'd be a great pickup and we can build the team around him but in 2 or 3 years we're back to the post-Locky situation. Smith is going to be incredibly expensive, I can't see him signing for less than 1.5m.

At this point I'd rather we get Barba and a good half, or as others have said, Peats would be a good pickup too.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
What's with all this Peats talk? He's the last player we need, he isn't even that good and we have the untested, but easily potentially better Baptiste and Granville just waiting.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
What's with all this Peats talk? He's the last player we need, he isn't even that good and we have the untested, but easily potentially better Baptiste and Granville just waiting.
hes a very good tried and tested hooker, whereas the last few hookers with "potential" that we have put all our bets on have turned out to be nothing more than mediocre.

remember, bennett got rid of freaking luke priddis because in his opinion mick ryan was the future hooker of our club. while priddis went on to basically single handedly win penrith the grand final a few years later, mick ryan went on to play a whole 6 games for us. now we bet the house on mccullough and hes gone and wasted a few years of our time. the same people that saw all this potential in mccullough are seeing the same potential in granville and baptiste. excuse me if im a bit sceptical.

peats already has runs on the board, and if we're serious about being a premiership threat we need a decent hooker. not a potentially decent one, a decent one.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
They'll never get a go in first grade with Griffin as head coach unless Hunt suffers a long term injury.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to believe that the club that's failed to sign anyone prolific in the past few years even though some have been absolutely giftwrapped and dropped on our doorstep, are now going to go and get the best player in the game midway through his contract, from the most consistent side of the past 6-7 years.

They must think we're idiots? It is nothing more than a throwaway line from Broncos management to appease us supporters and to take the focus off Griffins dreadful performance as coach.
Care to elucidate who these gift wrapped prolific players would be?
I cannot think of anyone except Inglis, and we all know how that went...

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I don't see why he'd want to come here tbh.

Plus it would mean turfing McCullough, you don't bench Smith (I would have no problem with this but I can't see it happening)

Last edited:
Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I don't see why he'd want to come here tbh.

Plus it would mean turfing McCullough, you don't bench Smith (I would have no problem with this but I can't see it happening)
Hook might let Smith play for Wynnum or Norths

Unread

Active Now

• thenry
  • Galah
  • leon.bott
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • johnny plath
  • IceWorks
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • cento
  • Swordfish
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.