[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

So glad we didn't sign him for his reported figure. As truly amazing as one of the greats of the game is, he isn't getting any younger and now we throw EVERYTHING at DCE.

Khunt isnt nearly retired for a start.

Players like rose and roberts take less where ever they go because they are ****. Are you serious?

What actual star player has signed for much less at the storm due to 'the aura of smith'?

At least 4 years to go isn't nearly retired especially for a legend like Smith. :rolleyes:

To play with players like Smith, Slater and Cronk fucking oath they would take less. Dont be so stupid.

You say "the aura of Smith" to try and down play his importance in a team and as a player. :laugh:

Look on the bright side, this will get us a better chance of signing DCE and will give us more cap space although I'm not confident about luring DCE here as well.

At least 4 years to go isn't nearly retired especially for a legend like Smith. :rolleyes:

To play with players like Smith, Slater and Cronk fucking oath they would take less. Dont be so stupid.

You say "the aura of Smith" to try and down play his importance in a team and as a player. :laugh:

Does it make you feel like a big man by insulting people anonymously on the Internet?

I'm not being stupid and it's not the 90's anymore, people don't take less to play with great players. They may take 50k tops less, but that won't help us sign anyone of note with smith taking up all that space

All those people arguing over whether Smith was offered a deal by the Broncos or not - Crash Craddock revealed on The Back Page tonight that Smith called Brisbane first. I guess it could be semantics on Smith's part. But the Broncos could very well not have made a 'formal' offer to Smith and that is why he may not have mentioned in the presser that he was offered anything by Brisbane.

The only income these guys have is through rugby league. Nobody is going to take small contracts just to play with great players. They have to support themselves. If anything, the Storm signing Smith will cause them to lose players.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.