[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

Lock it up, folks. Nothing to see here. As if Smith was ever going to leave Melbourne.

Well we should have plenty of cash available. Try for Kyle Feldt imo. We need a quality goal kicker.

Totally agree! Guy has a massive boot on him and from what I saw on the weekend he is also a very good passer of the ball. He may turn out to be a very good centre down the line as well.

Well we should have plenty of cash available. Try for Kyle Feldt imo. We need a quality goal kicker.

Off topic but did you see his goal line drop-out on the weekend? It was like 70m! Ours are usually around 40m :(

Maccas not mediocre. Stoked to have decent players at the club and prefer to be able to hold on to them and sign others that don't have one foot in the career graveyard. I have no interest in paying 1 mil plus for three years while we lose our decent players just to embark on another rebuilding era when smith retires

This is actually a good post, well done my good friend. Macca is mediocre though and isn't the future but either was a cashed up Smitty.

I'm glad he's staying where he is. It'll be very hard but I hope we throe everything at DCE and get him. Imagine Milf, Barba and DCE next year. That's a premiership winning spine no doubt.

I'm glad he's staying where he is. It'll be very hard but I hope we throe everything at DCE and get him. Imagine Milf, Barba and DCE next year. That's a premiership winning spine no doubt.

That it is!

Whether you consider Macca mediocre / good, he would be perfectly serviceable in the spine alongside those three.

I have no interest in paying 1 mil plus for three years while we lose our decent players just to embark on another rebuilding era when smith retires

This is the same attitude that the Broncos admin had and see where that has left us .... up shit creek without a decent spine.

Having a player like Smith at a club makes people want to play/join that club. :rolleyes:

Smith just confirmed in his press conference that the broncos didn't even offer him a deal.

This is the same attitude that the Broncos admin had and see where that has left us .... up shit creek without a decent spine.

Having a player like Smith at a club makes people want to play/join that club. :rolleyes:

True, Melbourne just recently signed superstars George Rose and Ben Roberts. It's that sort of superstar pulling power that Cameron Smith has, they don't care about money they just want to play alongside Smith.

Glad he's going to see out his career at the Storm.

They deserve to keep him as they were the ones who took a punt on him in the beginning.

Always good to see a one club player :takdir:

Dissapointed we didn't get him but I wasn't all that confident that we would sign him anyway. Good too see him sticking to 1 club you don't see that very often these days.

Smith just confirmed in his press conference that the broncos didn't even offer him a deal.

Hmm, that's a little concerning. Mostly because it makes me wonder whether we have as much space under the cap as I thought.

Would have liked Cam and I don't think Macca has it in him to be great, but it's not the end of the world. If anything more disappointed he's not on our radar as a future coach.

Still, with Hoffman potentially leaving and Yow Yeh's money in all likelihood to be free when his contract is up I'd like to think we still have a fair sized war chest.

It is an odd one. A lot of people suggested Smith was headed our way but then the Storm apparently upped their offer and he has decided to stay.

Yeah I don't believe for a second we didn't make him an offer, there was just too much smoke out there to be otherwise

Hmm, that's a little concerning. Mostly because it makes me wonder whether we have as much space under the cap as I thought.

Would have liked Cam and I don't think Macca has it in him to be great, but it's not the end of the world. If anything more disappointed he's not on our radar as a future coach.

Still, with Hoffman potentially leaving and Yow Yeh's money in all likelihood to be free when his contract is up I'd like to think we still have a fair sized war chest.

On Yow Yeh, his full contract value was carried in the cap last year but if he plays minimal NRL this year & next it gets ruled under a special long-term-injury waiver and won't count much. So that wouldn't be an issue.

I just think Smith was given an informal figure but wasn't given a formal offer or, as most suspected, he just sounded us out informally to get Melbourne to bump up their offer.

We have a better chance of getting the Loch Ness Monster at the Broncos than Cameron Smith.

It's a ploy from Smith to get more money from the Storm. He won't leave Melbourne.

A look back into what the future held.

I really hope the Storm paid way over the amount.

I wonder if we will be going after Nessy.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Ondi
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Evander
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • broncoscope
  • Midean
  • the_next
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.