International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Attachments

• oates-c--181608_jo_1-4.jpg
    oates-c--181608_jo_1-4.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 263
Last edited by a moderator:
So long as he is tethered to the wing, doesn't keep trying to come into the middle, and isn't somewhere other than the wing when someone busts down his side of the field, fine. If he hasn't dropped this second row bullshit, he still needs to go, for mine.

So long as he is tethered to the wing, doesn't keep trying to come into the middle, and isn't somewhere other than the wing when someone busts down his side of the field, fine. If he hasn't dropped this second row bullshit, he still needs to go, for mine.
Love the guy but will always be dirty on him for the Feldt try in the GF...

Love the guy but will always be dirty on him for the Feldt try in the GF...
He pressed in because they were destroying Reed every time. Blame the Ranga for forcing Oates in.

Opacic must have been close to minimum wage, right? It wouldn't give us any extra cash for Oates, since we still need someone on minimum wage in the Top 30.

Last edited:
Opacic must have been close to minimum wage, right? It wouldn't give us any extra cash for Oates, since we still need someone on minimum wage in the Top 30.
The article claims Opacic was on 200k this year. So potentially it gives us an extra ~100k, but that's assuming the deal we had him on for 2019 onward was at the same 200k. Given he had slipped down the pecking order somewhat we may have offered him less. Either way, it's hard to see it being enough to tip the scales re-signing Oates.

Surely if there is one bloke with us who could attract some 3rd party deals it Oates, and we would have a lot more of them on offer than most clubs.

I don't think the Cows signing Tommy is going to have much effect on the Cows pursuit of Oates or any of the other blokes of ours they are after. They want a younger squad, not sure though they have cap room.

Surely if there is one bloke with us who could attract some 3rd party deals it Oates, and we would have a lot more of them on offer than most clubs.

Thing that worries me a little the lifestyle in townsville. Knowing Corey a bit, he isn't really a city boy, and the lifestyle up there does appeal to him but like I said before, I'm not sure they have the cap space for him.

Who are the Cows actually losing this year just as a side note ?

Thing that worries me a little the lifestyle in townsville. Knowing Corey a bit, he isn't really a city boy, and the lifestyle up there does appeal to him but like I said before, I'm not sure they have the cap space for him.

Who are the Cows actually losing this year just as a side note ?

Cowboys won't have any spots in the backrow, though. Unless he wants to play from the bench and not get big minutes.

They are losing Linnett, Winterstein and Coote. He wouldn't be guaranteed a wing spot either.

Cowboys won't have any spots in the backrow, though. Unless he wants to play from the bench and not get big minutes.

They are losing Linnett, Winterstein and Coote. He wouldn't be guaranteed a wing spot either.

Thanks for that.

I can see them starting to look for a replacement for Cooper and I think that's where Oates would fit in at a guess. Corey would have to know he may have to start as a bench forward if he wants the transition that badly. I just don't see him leaving the Broncos to play wing.

Aren't Morgan and JT13 on a mil each? I know JT13 is, unless he's getting a few real estate deals sorted to make up the difference. They just signed Barba as well.

Ha ha, I totally forgot about him!

They knew Thurston was retiring and spent a fair bit of his money securing and upgrading Morgan. Just about all of their better players were re-signed at the top of their game too.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • RolledOates
  • cento
  • heartly87
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Howie
  • Tmac
  • Behold
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Purple Pills
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.