NEWS Opacic exit means more cash for Oates

I don't want him tethered to the wing in attack. That's the frustrating thing......Oates can go anywhere he wants in the early tackle count. He can get the ball like a backrower and takes as many runs as he wants.

I assumed his back row desire was based on him getting more ball......and money.

giphy.gif

Because I think he's absolutely and utterly useless in bringing the ball back at the opposition forwards. And I'm sick of him not being planted out on the wing when we need someone there to defend.

We dont have to replace Tommy. At the moment we still have Staggs and Shibasaki as well as Bird and Kahu. Now if for some reason we lose 3 of those, then we could be looking a bit skinny in the backs, especially if we also lose somebody like Pearson as well.

I was talking abut replacing him in the top 30, not being skinny in the backs :)

WB confirmed that TPJ did visit the Knights.

He said Jack can go where he wants to, TPJ can go where wants to.

TPJ is one of our best, but in the end, it's not the end of the world if he leaves. Shit happens all the time. If he really wants to stay, he will.

TPJ will stay and Bird will stay. They aren't prisoners and are allowed to visit their mates and do what they like. Wayne is the greatest man manager of all time and understands people especially footy players, he knows what he's doing.

TBH, TPJ would be a fool to leave. I'll be gutted if he does, but he'll only end up regretting it.

Yeah, he may earn a few extra bucks at another club, but at Brisbane, he has the potential to be our captain and the leader of our forward pack for the next decade. He can establish himself as a Broncos legend.

This is the greatest rugby league club in the world, surely that holds some appeal.

TBH, TPJ would be a fool to leave. I'll be gutted if he does, but he'll only end up regretting it.

Yeah, he may earn a few extra bucks at another club, but at Brisbane, he has the potential to be our captain and the leader of our forward pack for the next decade. He can establish himself as a Broncos legend.

This is the greatest rugby league club in the world, surely that holds some appeal.

To be fair, the knights with Ponga and Pearce and a growing roster have a chance to really be a force over the next few years. Add TPJ to that line up and they have the potential to really make a name for themselves down there.

Though we may be the best league club in the world, the distance between us and other clubs is far from what it used to be. One could even argue that Melbourne and possibly even the roosters are on par or even better, and as far as results I wouldn’t even consider us top 4 anymore.

Storm, Roosters, Sharks, and maybe even the rabbits are more successful than us over he last 5 years.

To be fair, the knights with Ponga and Pearce and a growing roster have a chance to really be a force over the next few years. Add TPJ to that line up and they have the potential to really make a name for themselves down there.

Though we may be the best league club in the world, the distance between us and other clubs is far from what it used to be. One could even argue that Melbourne and possibly even the roosters are on par or even better, and as far as results I wouldn’t even consider us top 4 anymore.

Storm, Roosters, Sharks, and maybe even the rabbits are more successful than us over he last 5 years.
Ouch. I can't really disagree with you though. It's just that the truth really fukn hurts sometimes....ouch

Storm without cameron smith?
Roosters are great to their players* (when it suits them***)
Sharks, if it isnt peptides its salary cap cheating
The rabbitohs are great this year, but they finished 12th 2 years in a row...

The debate isnt who the best club is currently (we do have the 2nd best win percentage since 2015 and have finished in the top 4 2/4 years and top 8 every year) it is where he will get the best OPPORTUNITY to be the best he can be. And, i dont know about you but i think the financial powerhouse of the nrl (dwarfing every other club) with the best facilities, a successful and proud history, and a reputation for looking after its players in good or bad times is probably the best place to do that....

After his talk of definitely re-signing with us and the handshake agreement etc until he parts ways with management. I’d be filthy on him.

After his talk of definitely re-signing with us and the handshake agreement etc until he parts ways with management. I’d be filthy on him.

Might it be his new representation that are in his ear and telling him to at least test the market so they know how hard they can push us in negotiations?

Could be just a reverse Bellamy scenario.

TPJ’s loyalty has always been to Bennett, not the Broncos. What has supposedly (who really knows what was true) happened, with the board potentially punting Bennett before his contract had ended, wouldn’t paint the organisation in a positive light to TPJ. What “loyalty” should he show to a club that is willing to show none to the greatest coach of all time because of a handful of below-par games? Not that I agree with this, but if he is considering other options, I can see how he came to that decision, and don’t blame him at all.

I hope he stays though. Regardless of what’s gone on I still believe in the Broncos organisation and think TPJ will thrive in our system, and he in turn will reward us in the field.

If his loyalty is to Bennett then the Knights move is an odd one, probably just seeing family and friends and having a look around. Hopefully he stays, there aren't too many players like him around.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Culhwch
  • heartly87
  • Howie
  • Tmac
  • Behold
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Purple Pills
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.