OFFICIAL ORIGIN: QLD WINS. HOORAY. NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE FOOTY

Since we're coming into Origin season, we might like to think about how it's going to affect our playing roster and recovery time. Here is the schedule, and how it will impact us.

IMPACTROUNDDATEOPPONENT
Missing players17Sunday, July 10Dragons
Origin 3Wednesday, July 13
Backing up: 3 days18Saturday, July 16Titans

We have 2 remaining games to be affected by representative matches:

Dragons in Round 17
Broncos missing
Kurt Capewell
Corey Oates
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan
Tommy Flegler (replacement)

Dragons missing
Ben Hunt

Titans in Round 18
Broncos possibly resting
Corey Oates
Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan

Titans possibly resting
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

ORIGIN 3 SQUAD : QLD

Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Corey Oates
Tommy Flegler (18th man)

NSW ORIGIN 3: NSW
No Broncos

Was never in doubt.
I'm sure you're right, but he deserved to be dropped. It's not really fair on other players to see him make that many errors, look so unready, and a get a free pass based on potential. When I say "other players" I'm thinking of Oates, for one.

Oates snubbed:

1. Kalyn Ponga (Newcastle Knights)
  2. Selwyn Cobbo (Brisbane Broncos)
  3. Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys)
  4. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
  5. Murray Taulagi (North Queensland Cowboys)
  6. Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans, capt. (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
  8. Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters)
  9. Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons)
  10. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
  11. Kurt Capewell (Brisbane Broncos)
  12. Jeremiah Nanai (North Queensland Cowboys)
  13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (Gold Coast Titans)
  14. Harry Grant (Melbourne Storm)
  15. Jai Arrow (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  16. Patrick Carrigan (Brisbane Broncos)
  17. Tom Gilbert (North Queensland Cowboys)
  18. Thomas Flegler (Brisbane Broncos)
  19. Tom Dearden (North Queensland Cowboys)
  20. Beau Fermor (Gold Coast Titans)
  21. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (North Queensland Cowboys)
  22. Sam Walker (Sydney Roosters)

I'm sure you're right, but he deserved to be dropped. It's not really fair on other players to see him make that many errors, look so unready, and a get a free pass based on potential. When I say "other players" I'm thinking of Oates, for one.

Much harder to get dropped from a Queensland team than it is to get picked. Sometimes that works, sometimes that doesn't.

I think Slater needed to make some changes this game, though. I think Papalii is well past it at this level - I'd have preferred to see Carrigan start and Flegs on the bench. I'd have also brought Oates in for one of the wingers, probably Taulagi - partly because he was last man in, and partly because of Bronco bias. Not super keen on Nanai starting, but I'm not sure there were many other options. Gagai is lucky to still be there too, and I might have rolled with Hamiso there.

Very nervous about this game....

Based on that at least Broncos will have Oates and Flegs available for the dragons game on Sunday so that's a boost

Much harder to get dropped from a Queensland team than it is to get picked. Sometimes that works, sometimes that doesn't.

I think Slater needed to make some changes this game, though. I think Papalii is well past it at this level - I'd have preferred to see Carrigan start and Flegs on the bench. I'd have also brought Oates in for one of the wingers, probably Taulagi - partly because he was last man in, and partly because of Bronco bias. Not super keen on Nanai starting, but I'm not sure there were many other options. Gagai is lucky to still be there too, and I might have rolled with Hamiso there.

Very nervous about this game....

This should be Josh Papalii's last SOO game........

Lets send him out a winner.

No Broncos for NSW

1. James Tedesco, capt. (Sydney Roosters)
  2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
  3. Matt Burton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
  4. Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
  5. Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
  6. Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
  7. Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
  8. Jordan McLean (North Queensland Cowboys)
  9. Apisai Koroisau (Penrith Panthers)
  10. Jake Trbojevic (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
  11. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  12. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
  13. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)
  14. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  15. Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters)
  16. Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
  17. Siosifa Talakai (Cronulla Sharks)
  18. Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
  19. Nicho Hynes (Cronulla Sharks)
  20. Clint Gutherson (Parramatta Eels)
  21. Jacob Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
  22. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys)

Gilbert has had a breakout year for the cowboys this year, outside of the stupid amount of tries Nanai has scored he has been even better then him in general play for the Cowboys atleast in the games I have seen, usually pulls bigger numbers then Nanai without doing 80 mins, ideal bench edge option.

Almost feel sorry for Wighton. Almost

I'm not even close....Jack Wighton is a complete fuckstick IMO.

I wish I could collect his tears of sadness and use them to sweeten this god awful cup of coffee that the mrs just made me.
Star Trek Coffee GIF

He had a really good debut, he earned the right with that performance and let's just sit down for a moment and take in a bit of reality, there were about a dozen others who were equally as shit.

He had a really good debut, he earned the right with that performance and let's just sit down for a moment and take in a bit of reality, there were about a dozen others who were equally as shit.
Name those players who made more errors than Selwyn and explain why you'd pick them again.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fatboy
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Bronx48
  • westy316
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  • Scorchie
  • broncos4life
  • Midean
  • RodF
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Donald Garner
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.