OFFICIAL ORIGIN: QLD WINS. HOORAY. NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE FOOTY

Since we're coming into Origin season, we might like to think about how it's going to affect our playing roster and recovery time. Here is the schedule, and how it will impact us.

IMPACTROUNDDATEOPPONENT
Missing players17Sunday, July 10Dragons
Origin 3Wednesday, July 13
Backing up: 3 days18Saturday, July 16Titans

We have 2 remaining games to be affected by representative matches:

Dragons in Round 17
Broncos missing
Kurt Capewell
Corey Oates
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan
Tommy Flegler (replacement)

Dragons missing
Ben Hunt

Titans in Round 18
Broncos possibly resting
Corey Oates
Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan

Titans possibly resting
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

ORIGIN 3 SQUAD : QLD

Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Corey Oates
Tommy Flegler (18th man)

NSW ORIGIN 3: NSW
No Broncos

We should be at full strength for the Cowboys game which is gonna be a cracker to watch. May as well write off Melbourne now (I wouldn't even be against resting Reynolds that week whether he plays Origin or not). The rest are completely winnable.

Pretty good draw for the origin period, I don't think we have too many excuses.

If you were picking players on form Oates and Cobbo are there, but I see Coates getting one wing spot because Melbourne.
So possible one of our 2 get picked - JP covers that or even Mead
Staggs you would think gets picked - Brenko or Hoeter can do the job I'd be leaning more towards Hoeter.
We could loose 4 forwards I think 3 are certain in Patty, Payne and Capewell - RK comes back in, hopefully Piakura stays on the field and TC

We've got depth to cover what we could loose and that game where were missing players is against the dragons who hopefully are missing their main man in Hunt.

Potential round 17 team:

1. Martin
2. Mead
4. Farnworth
3. Hoeter
5. Periera
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Robati
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Kennedy
16. Willison/Piakura
17. James

Backline is a bit ugly but definitely not the worst team. Will take a good game plan to get the most out of them but hopefully dragons will be without Hunt, and maybe Sims.

Hetherington is also a possible imo, if there’s a few injured.

Potential round 17 team:

1. Martin
2. Mead
4. Farnworth
3. Hoeter
5. Periera
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Robati
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Kennedy
16. Willison/Piakura
17. James

Backline is a bit ugly but definitely not the worst team. Will take a good game plan to get the most out of them but hopefully dragons will be without Hunt, and maybe Sims.

Hetherington is also a possible imo, if there’s a few injured.
Really excited for willison coming back. I get a really good feeling about him....

I'm pretty sure they will go Coates & Feldt on the wings. They will put one on the left, the Cows are going better than us and Feldt is an incumbent. I fucking hate him though, he has such an entitled grub persona.

It will be Coates and Oates/Cobbo for sure.

I'm pretty sure they will go Coates & Feldt on the wings. They will put one on the left, the Cows are going better than us and Feldt is an incumbent. I fucking hate him though, he has such an entitled grub persona.
Didn't feldt injure his mcl recently?

I can't see how Coates gets in over Cobbo. Slater yadda yadda, it's his first year coaching and his reputation is on the line, I don't think he'll select on bias.

I don't know, maybe I'm being biased but Coates offers nothing you want from an elite winger other than finishing. Shit defence, makes no metres, doesn't create chances on his own. Origin is absolutely a game of field position and X Factor and Coates offers nothing there.

With Fidow getting some wing games before origin I think it's between him and Oates/Cobbo.

Coates would be my 4th choice.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
  • bazza
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.