Origin really needs its own weekend

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
The quality of games this weekend has been frankly unbearable. I guess it doesn't help that it involves low altitude fliers like the Dogs and Penrith to begin with, but the combination of generally poor performing teams with Origin depleted sides has not been a good look. I'd much rather give every team the weekend off then put this shit to air.

The only thing worse than the off season is the weekends before origin.

People who pay to go to these games minus the stars have rocks in their heads.

Depending on how origin goes the following weekend could be pretty ugly as well

I was usually calling for Origin on standalone weekends, and I wouldn't be against it.

Although, when I think about it I don't mind these rounds. You get a glimpse of the future as some promising players get a taste of NRL.

I was usually calling for Origin on standalone weekends, and I wouldn't be against it.

Although, when I think about it I don't mind these rounds. You get a glimpse of the future as some promising players get a taste of NRL.

Nein would never agree to 3 stand alone weekends with only a single game to broadcast.
We were probably lucky to get one which is likely the most we’ll ever get.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Spoon
  • BroncoFan94
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wendall Taylor
  • theshed
  • Gray
  • Fozz
  • Stix
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.