Origin Sucks

Even though I've lost 7 straight series I still love Origin and Origin time is one of the most enjoyable events of the year. I would think the Blues mean more to me than the Broncos, I would love too see us win another premiership but I would literally sacrafice my nuts if it was going to bring the Origin sheild back to NSW.

I'm ready to help you out:
images

1. Born in NSW and still live here.

2. Have only ever supported Queensland.

Couldn't give two ***** if that bothers you.

:loool: ......you're obviously a little defensive about it.

Might just leave it at that.

The NRL needs to man up and put Origin on stand alone weekends. Make it a real event. Give it all the exposure you can.

Origin was on a stand alone weekend in 2001.

And it worked. But....Sydney media complained that 1 game on a weekend was giving too much of a free kick to AFL and the NRL buckled under pressure. Plus the readmittance of South Sydney in 2002 made scheduling harder (apparently).

If they do it right it could work. There is an opportunity to play Internationals between Fiji, PNG, Tonga, Samoa on the Origin weekends. Also the under20's Origin and that series should be a 3 game series as well.

:loool: ......you're obviously a little defensive about it.

Might just leave it at that.

Not defensive at all, just don't want to be told I should be supporting NSW or whatever... I get told the same thing every year, but it's not going to make me change my mind.

I can't just 'choose' what team I support, I go with what my heart tells me.

And it worked. But....Sydney media complained that 1 game on a weekend was giving too much of a free kick to AFL and the NRL buckled under pressure. Plus the readmittance of South Sydney in 2002 made scheduling harder (apparently).

If they do it right it could work. There is an opportunity to play Internationals between Fiji, PNG, Tonga, Samoa on the Origin weekends. Also the under20's Origin and that series should be a 3 game series as well.

SOO week end would be an excellent way to expose the minnow league nations to all rugby league fans.

Problem therein though, is the same fate may occur as did with the test /C v C "rep game weekend" just gone. Any SOO players who have some kind of alliegence with Fiji, Samoa etc etc would have to chose between the two......SOO or representing your country.

Most I'm guessing will pick SOO

and then these smaller league nations will turn out without the help of some of their NRL stars,

it'd still be good footy to watch.....

What night for the SOO?

Saturday night?....or would the gayfl followers eat into the TV ratings?

Not defensive at all, just don't want to be told I should be supporting NSW or whatever... I get told the same thing every year, but it's not going to make me change my mind.

I can't just 'choose' what team I support, I go with what my heart tells me.

Look...I said I was going to leave it alone.

Stop baiting me.
turned.gif

Even though I've lost 7 straight series I still love Origin and Origin time is one of the most enjoyable events of the year. I would think the Blues mean more to me than the Broncos, I would love too see us win another premiership but I would literally sacrafice my nuts if it was going to bring the Origin sheild back to NSW.
Peter Wallace sacrificed his nuts for origin, it didn't help.

Don't know why you guys have a problem with ning supporting qld. It's the player's state of origin not the fan's. It makes just as much sense as new south Welshmen supporting the broncos. Okay fair enough, everyone should support us :)

Yet we get a dedicated weekend for bullshit, no one cares, International football. What a croc.

I am a born and bred South Australian, and lived all my life here

Grew up playing aussie rules and supported my team like it was a religion

A bit over 20 years ago, I realised I no longer found a sport that resembled seagulls fighting over a hot chip entertaining

A friend pointed me to the league and I have never looked back

I liked what the Broncos stood for and thus they were chosen to be the team I support

I have loved them ever since

Not having any affiliation with either NSW or QLD from birth, I simply had to choose who to support

I chose QLD, as many of the players I already knew and loved, represented them - it just makes sense

Since then, I have made friends with some NSW folk who have relocated to Adelaide, and I watch Origin with a passion not matched by them

I have never known anything other than supporting QLD, and my love for them and passion for them to win has grown every year as I have become more and more annoyed at NSW antics (taking pot shots at Meninga's coaching, etc.)

My choice to support QLD is no less relevant or meaningful than someone who has lived in QLD all their life

Supporting the local team requires no thought. Australians support the Australian cricket team simply because they are Australian.

You may support the Maroons simply because you were born in QLD. I support them because I have thought about it and made a choice.

Neither is right nor wrong, neither is better than the other, neither necessarily more passionate than the other.

It's just the story of how we both came to love the greatest team in history :)

Great post john!

I must say, I have never seen more apt description of fumble ball! :laugh:
A bit over 20 years ago, I realised I no longer found a sport that resembled seagulls fighting over a hot chip entertaining

I am a born and bred South Australian, and lived all my life here

Grew up playing aussie rules and supported my team like it was a religion

So tell me John, who did you support during the fumble ball origin matches between S.A and Victardia?

Not having any affiliation with either NSW or QLD from birth, I simply had to choose who to support

Not quite the same as being born in one state and supporting the enemy......

So tell me John, who did you support during the fumble ball origin matches between S.A and Victardia?

Not quite the same as being born in one state and supporting the enemy......

Hi Fourex,

I didn't watch the origin matches in fum-ball

Nobody in aussie rules took origin seriously - they were just joke matches that some administrator thought might make money

wrong!

Active Now

• Browny
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • LittleDavey
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.