Our chances of making the eight

Re: Our chances ofd making the eight

Look, none of us have a crystal ball, and even if we did, WHO could predict what might happen in such a topsy turvy season such as this (i.e 2013). What I DO predict, however, is that these lads have turned over a new leaf, particular in regard to their perspective on just what IS achievable this year. There is too much talent amongst these lads to just throw it all away and not make some kind of line in the sand in terms of possible achievements in regard to finals footy.

I predict a new focus, a new way of approaching the remaining months of play and with this strategy devised by Hook what also needs to happen is buy-in by all stakeholders - support staff, fans etc etc.

Guys, we can help to make a difference by supporting the team and showing them we still believe IN them. Don't lose faith just yet. Not while there is still glimmers of hope that we can still be there come the time whips are cracking!

Most commentators predicted the Broncos would struggle this year; no crystal ball required.

This season has not been not topsy turvy. It's been shit, with some glitter mixed in.

If the "new" game plan evolves and is used consistently and effectively (forwards passing the ball ... a lot, and with support) and if the defensive line speed keeps increasing, and if Prince steps up and calls the plays, then barring injuries, I don't see why we shouldn't be top 4 contenders.

You never know, Norman might even decide to pass the ball when there's a try clearly on the cards instead of pretending to be Billy Slater or Ben Barba which he never ever will be.

Oh, and Wallace "stays off the Valium".

I'm not giving up yet

Last edited:
If the "new" game plan evolves and is used consistently and effectively (forwards passing the ball ... a lot, and with support) and if the defensive line speed keeps increasing, and if Prince steps up and calls the plays, then barring injuries, I don't see why we shouldn't be top 4 contenders.

Probably a bit too late for that. More than halfway through the season already, and we are pretty far behind.

I don't see why we shouldn't be top 4 contenders.
ill tell you why we shouldnt be:

Souths - Inglis/Burgess 1 and 2/Reynolds/Sutton
Storm - Slater/Cronk/Smith
Roosters - Maloney/SBW/Jennings
Manly - DCE/Watamong/Foran/Lyon
Broncos - Wallace? McCullough?

the broncos have no gamebreakers, no stars, no special talents.

ill tell you why we shouldnt be:
Broncos - Wallace? McCullough?

the broncos have no gamebreakers, no stars, no special talents.

Ermmm, last time I checked the team squad list we had a few little players by the names of:

Hoffman, Hodges, Reed, Parker etc etc.

NOT exactly "no talents" as YOU would seem to call it! May be you should think before you post NEXT.

Ermmm, last time I checked the team squad list we had a few little players by the names of:

Hoffman, Hodges, Reed, Parker etc etc.

NOT exactly "no talents" as YOU would seem to call it! May be you should think before you post NEXT.

the only one of them that is remotely close to a gamebreaker is the 30+ year old 10 games a season hodges. When was the last time he dominated a match like inglis/slater/Hayne/Dugan/Cronk/sbw and co? 2004?

Don't stop there Faithinhook, you can argue your point much better than that.

Quietly sneaks off for popcorn to watch the carve up

We can win imo at least 7 of our remaining games and that would put us into the finals. We can still make it but it will be a huge challenge and even if we did make it, it would be a miracle if we made it past the 1st week of the finals.

I believe we have shown our attack is as good as any - just a matter of consistency and Norman passing the ball, and it really boils down to fast, strong defensive line speed and few missed tackles.

What I have like most about our attack this year is that rely less on game-breakers and more on team combinations, albeit inconsistently which must change.

Re: Our chances ofd making the eight

Yeah you could be right about Hodges, the rest'll play

If we do make the 8 from here there has been a huge turn around in attitude and game plan IMO.

Does anyone know or remember the 1999 season where we lost 10 of our first 11 games than won 11 of our last 12 and made the finals.

I believe we have shown our attack is as good as any - just a matter of consistency and Norman passing the ball, and it really boils down to fast, strong defensive line speed and few missed tackles.

You believe what?

No way. We sometimes do well against a bad defence, but we are not a good attacking side. Simply no.

You believe what?

No way. We sometimes do well against a bad defence, but we are not a good attacking side. Simply no.

Totally and utterly disagrree.

The tries we laid on v Manly, Storm and Titans 1st game were terrific - especially the 2nd man plays (when Norman passed the ball), and Prince used Gillett to run a hole exactly like Lockyer used to do - but more often.

For mine, it's a seriously a question of someone calling the plays and shots out there (Prince I hope), and most of all, defensive line speed/missed tackles

A few good tries were scored against Manly, most of the Storm tries were because Duffie defended like shit, hence why he was dropped afterwards. Okay, you could say that's what good attack does, make players make pressure choices, but frankly I think it's a case of taking advantage of bad defence as much as anything.

It's great to watch no doubt, but our attack simply isn't going to cut the mustard if we make the finals. You are saying our attack is as good as any other, when our halves are Prince and Wallace, when other teams have a Cronk or Slater or DCE or SJ etc. We have no speed and no halves basically, so we are punching above our weight in some regards.

A few good tries were scored against Manly, most of the Storm tries were because Duffie defended like ****, hence why he was dropped afterwards. Okay, you could say that's what good attack does, make players make pressure choices, but frankly I think it's a case of taking advantage of bad defence as much as anything.

It's great to watch no doubt, but our attack simply isn't going to cut the mustard if we make the finals. You are saying our attack is as good as any other, when our halves are Prince and Wallace, when other teams have a Cronk or Slater or DCE or SJ etc. We have no speed and no halves basically, so we are punching above our weight in some regards.

yes, I totally agree we are punching above our weight, and what I base my beliefs on are a consistent improvement in what I call the new game plan of forwards with a passing game, Prince calling the shots in the middle, attacking consistently on left and right, and defence.

A big ask, but the forwards passing game, much quicker play the balls, Hannant, Gillett and Parker's excellent games, and generally more commitment is such a great start

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Hurrijo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncoFan94
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skyblues87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.