Our new halfback should be

I'm glad my true opinion of Sandow makes people laugh, just as everyone thought it was funny that I wanted Moga.

Pretty sure alot of people are saying Sandow is loose !
point is that it's not his 'looseness' that makes people not like Sandow. It's his shit play.

As Eden and Gavet fans soon came to realise be careful what you wish for @Kyall.

Not wrong, I'm very worried for Moga, if he has 1-2 below average games and we aren't winning, he's the natural scape goat for everyone to blame. Marshall will be straight in to left centre the second he's healthy imo.

Hopefully third time's the charm, I'm sick of having these nightmares over our left centre position (O'Neil! O'Neil! O'Neil!!)

Not wrong, I'm very worried for Moga, if he has 1-2 below average games and we aren't winning, he's the natural scape goat for everyone to blame. Marshall will be straight in to left centre the second he's healthy imo.
He should be thankful he hasn't got the number 7 jersey, he would be lynched for that.

There I was having a really hard day, feeling down, and then this!

They say laughter is the best medicine, well if that's true I'm healthy again
Just stare lustfully at your avatar and rough day is gone.

Kane Elgey and Ashley Taylor want to create a dynasty on the Gold Coast
TRAVIS MEYN, The Courier-MailMarch 3, 2017 4:10pm

ASHLEY Taylor has declared he wants to create a premiership dynasty alongside Kane Elgey as the Gold Coast Titans unveil the most exciting playmaking partnership in the club’s history.

The NRL’s hottest young halves duo will be unleashed for the first time in a competition match when the Titans kick-off their season against Sydney Roosters at Cbus Super Stadium tonight.

It has been nearly 10 years since the Titans entered the NRL and the club has never had a more tantalising scrumbase pairing.
Taylor, 21, is the reigning Dally M rookie-of-the year while the 23-year-old Elgey was nominated for the same award in 2015.

They are both former under-20s players of the year and between them boast just 39 games of NRL experience.

But their potential has also made them targets for rival clubs.

With Broncos halfback Ben Hunt headed for the Dragons next year, Taylor and Elgey are being viewed as possible options to wear Brisbane’s No. 7 jersey.

However, they are both contracted to the Titans until the end of 2018 and ex-Bronco Taylor said they had the opportunity to build a dynasty on the Gold Coast.

“We can be in the game for the next seven years together if we make it work and are playing good footy,” Taylor said.

“That’s the big plan for us — to try and start together well and hopefully keep building on it.

“I am from (the Broncos) and a position has opened up. People are going to ask why I’m not going back.

“I’m not even thinking about that. I’m thinking about my year ahead and next two years at the coast. I’m not looking to go anywhere.

“Going through the ranks (in Brisbane) it felt like home but I’ve moved on from there.

“I’m at the Gold Coast and I feel like I’m at home there. The Gold Coast is home for me now.

Taylor was one of coach Neil Henry’s success stories in 2016, playing 22 games after being thrust into the No. 7 jersey following Elgey’s season-ending knee injury.

Elgey could not add to his 16-game tally from 2015 last year, but that has only stoked his fire for his comeback season and partnership with Taylor.

“We’re excited about it, Elgey said.

“There is a lot of talk about it. Hopefully we can go out there and impress.

“Everyone is going to expect heaps but we just need to do a good job for the team.

“The pressure is on but I’m excited about that. I’m not expecting any miracles.

“I’ve got to build confidence and timing. I haven’t played a proper game for a long time.”

Taylor’s rookie season was even more impressive due to the fact he was battling a groin injury which required surgery.

He is running free in 2017 and buoyed by the confidence from spending a week alongside Johnathan Thurston in the indigenous All Stars camp.

Second-year syndrome has struck down more than one talented young player, but Taylor believes he and Elgey have what is needed to be a success for the resurgent Titans.

“I’m not going to change anything this year,” Taylor said.

“I’ve got the mindset of going in like I was last year and trying to perform.

“It’s another challenge because it’s not the same halves partner.

“He’s a great player, I just want to see him playing as best as he can. That will make me play the best I can.

“We’re obviously going to make some mistakes together because we’re still rookie halves.

“As long as we’re in the game and in the battle in the back end of games that’s a good sign we’re heading in the right direction.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/8bc39e6dec7fa05abd2a3a5a9e5856c7

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that and it ended up changing...

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that and it ended up changing...

True ... but if I had a dollar for every time people on here took what players said to the media as gospel, then ...

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • spanky
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.