Our new halfback should be

**** yeah, I'm a big fan of Foran. I've always rated him, plays with heart and is absolute quality. If anyone can turn players around off the field, it's Bennett.

Would love for it to happen.

He is probably the top 3 choices and the number one realistic choice but I don't know how it sits with me. His character has been shown to be very questionable.

I dunno. The match fixing thing, even if there's a remote possibility it was true, has me hesitant.

Funnily enough though, by my own definitions of #6s vs #7s, I was only thinking on the weekend that Foran is closer to a 7. He does take those hard runs to dig in to the line, but his running game is not where he excels, it's his toughness and his smarts. DCE was the one more likely to cut through the line but it was always Foran creating the space by manipulating the opposition's forwards. So in skill-set and class, yeah, I think he's be great.

I just don't want anything remotely related to deadshit organised crime near the Broncos. Maybe Bennett has the intuition to suss out his mental state.

Keiran Foran will do me and I seriously doubt Wayne will say no to someone of his quality. You can wind this thread up boys.

foran is not the type of person required at the club.
if people think sandow is loose and has issues then they should run for their life with foran.

if people think sandow is loose and has issues then they should run for their life with foran.
Not my problem. That's why we pay the staff the big bucks.
In all seriousness how can we say yes to Roberts and Lodge but no to Foran.
There's been a lot of talk about Wayne losing his aura and the fact is he wanted Napa or James and didn't get them because he had nothing to offer them that they couldn't get where they were. He does however, have something to offer the likes of Roberts, Lodge and Foran and they in return have the talent to improve our squad so the reality is we should take them.
Personally I would prefer a squad full of Lockyers, Webkes and Civonicevas but it just doesn't seem possible if we want to win.

Can someone please put up the extra info when it is released tomorrow? This is exciting stuff!

I would rather Sandow.
jck.gif

Forgive me if this has been posted already.

Kieran Foran sounds out Broncos about the prospect of rebuilding his career under Wayne Bennett

TROUBLED NRL star Kieran Foran has sounded out the Broncos about the prospect of rebuilding his career under master coach Wayne Bennett.

The Courier-Mail understands Foran’s management has contacted the Broncos outlining the playmaker’s desire to be mentored by Bennett at Red Hill next season.

Foran’s life went off the rails last year, with the former Kiwi Test five-eighth checking into rehab after his shock decision to walk away from a $5 million Parramatta contract.

Foran was cleared to return to the NRL a fortnight ago and is expected to make his comeback for new club the Warriors against Canterbury in round three.

But Foran’s tenure in New Zealand could be short-lived. He is off-contract this season and believes being coached by Bennett in Brisbane, where he has family support networks, can bring stability to his life off the field.

Foran would be the perfect on-field replacement for halfback Ben Hunt, who is joining the Dragons next season. The 26-year-old has played 156 NRL games, 30 Tests for the Kiwis and has premiership-winning experience after piloting Manly to the title in 2011.

The Broncos are scouring the market for Hunt’s replacement but have yet to formally target one playmaker. Bennett has already ruled out signing off-contract Tigers duo Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks.

Former Broncos five-eighth Darren Lockyer, now a member of the club’s recruitment-and-retention committee, lauded Foran’s ability and said it is crucial Brisbane make the right call.

“Kieran is an international and a premiership-winning half,” Lockyer said. “He’s a class player.

“Beyond Ben (Hunt), there are options internally, but being such an important long-term position the club needs to make a good decision.”

Foran has links with Bennett. The super coach was a former adviser to New Zealand, who surged to the No.1 ranking under coach Steve Kearney with Foran and Shaun Johnson as the Kiwis’ playmaking alliance.

Foran has also worked with Bennett in recent years as a member of the NRL All Stars team.

The Broncos coach has a history of resurrecting troubled NRL players. Bennett supported Darius Boyd during his battle with depression and issued lifelines to former jailbird Russell Packer and Maroons winger Dane Gagai during his time at Newcastle.

Legendary five-eighth Kevin Walters, who helped the Broncos to five premierships, said Foran would be a revelation in the Brisbane No.7 jumper.

“I don’t think it would be a risky purchase — he would be a great signing,” he said. “They would have to go through the checks and balances but the Broncos need someone to replace Ben Hunt.

“They need to replace Hunt with someone of high quality and they don’t get much better than Kieran Foran.

“I like what he does on the field. He’s had some problems off the field but he’s trying to fix all that up and a year at the Warriors will do him some good.

“The best playmakers find a way to win premierships and the Broncos have a history of quality halves.

“Wayne would be good for Kieran so hopefully it works out for the Broncos. I’d love to see them win a premiership again.”

There's a whole thread dedicated to it mate... :wink:

People aren't saying don't sign Sandow because he's loose. They don't want Sandow because he's not that good (rocks and diamonds).

Foran might be loose but he's a genuine superstar player and he's head and shoulders above any option other than Cronk and Thurston.

People aren't saying don't sign Sandow because he's loose. They don't want Sandow because he's not that good (rocks and diamonds).

Foran might be loose but he's a genuine superstar player and he's head and shoulders above any option other than Cronk and Thurston.

Pretty sure alot of people are saying Sandow is loose !

Pretty sure alot of people are saying Sandow is loose !

Sandow is loose AND massively over-rated. Rocks and diamonds? Only if you consider the occasional piece of individual brilliance as the diamonds and the rocks being the 99% of his game that is deficient...

The only curious part with Sandow is he hasn't played in a team where he doesn't need to lead. At Souths just before they got good and the rabble at Parra (even with Norman there). If he's less involved in every play, he may end up maximising his diamond output. Of course it could go the other way, but it could-maybe-possibly work

Unread

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.