Our new halfback should be

It's a long road ahead of him, but if he can come back from two shoulder reconstructions, he can accomplish anything.

As Cronulla, North Queensland, Souths and Sydney have shown, you don't require two flashy centres to win a premiership.

Regardless my intention wasn't to turn this thread into a Opacic/Reed love-in. I just think fans and the media have to open their minds to the possibility that there isn't an immediate replacement and the Broncos would be better off tending to other areas of their team.

Aarrrggghh ! Never said we need 2 flashy centres ! Just a better one than solid. All of those teams except for NQ have or had quite a few flashy backs . As for NQ they got JT , all you need is solid finishers and hole runners . Remember our glory days FLASHY BACKS , something we haven't really had for awhile is a stacked backline.

Leutele, Auva'a, SKD and even Nielsen weren't anything to write home about. All did their jobs but they weren't stars or even of the calibre of a James Roberts.

Aarrrggghh ! Never said we need 2 flashy centres ! Just a better one than solid. All of those teams except for NQ have or had quite a few flashy backs . As for NQ they got JT , all you need is solid finishers and hole runners . Remember our glory days FLASHY BACKS , something we haven't really had for awhile is a stacked backline.

Chris Johns wasn't flashy.
Darren Smith wasn't flashy.

Wasn't smith leading try scorer at one point ! I mentioned johns before, i rate him over reed. Like i said !! They don't have to be flashy just better than solid ! Why settle for solid !!! Faaark!

Maybe not flash but both high quality and played origin and for Australia. Reed no where near the same league as either of them and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath

Who played left centre when the Broncos last won a premiership?

Wasn't smith leading try scorer at one point ! I mentioned johns before, i rate him over reed. Like i said !! They don't have to be flashy just better than solid ! Why settle for solid !!! Faaark!

Equal try scorer. He still wasn't flash; he was a backrower playing centre.

In defence or attack!

Mate I'm a spectator, I don't give a damn about attack.

The only thing that matters is what players can do with the ball.

Everybody knows that !!

Equal try scorer. He still wasn't flash; he was a backrower playing centre.

No but would you rate him above reed ?
He was a great finisher and creater , as well as a awesome defender .

Another big call out from the launch last night. Wayne made a big point at the start of his speech by saying "before any rumour get out there I'm here to put it straight, Ben Hunt is here for the whole year, Ben's committed to the Bronco's and we are committed to Ben. I love coaching the guy and he's an important part of our season." He got a pretty big round of applause.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Yem
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.