Our new halfback should be

Like a Josh Chudleigh or somebody who can be brought in and provide the Broncos with options.

It doesn't have to be a superstar, nor mean the Broncos have to get rid of McCullough. They just need some better options than Nikorima, Marshall and Waddell.

Not many clubs in the NRL have a decent hooker backup. South's are probably the only one I can think of. Most others are stop gap solutions. Niko, Benji & Waddel are by no means superstars but they would do for an injury cover.

How long did Parcell sign for in the super league? I wouldn't mind getting him back as cover and should be fairly cheap. I'm actually surprised we didn't chase him before he went to super league. Maybe there is a reason why we let him go in the first place that I am not aware of?

I was waiting for this name to pop up. Some people need to realise why he is in the super league. He is good enough to be first choice just not on a NRL team and the super league would pay him like a first choice hooker. He would want way to much money for what we should spend on a backup hooker.

How long did Parcell sign for in the super league? I wouldn't mind getting him back as cover and should be fairly cheap. I'm actually surprised we didn't chase him before he went to super league. Maybe there is a reason why we let him go in the first place that I am not aware of?
We could only give him holidays in NZ and England offered holidays in France. We had no chance.

I believe we let him go because he wanted to play first grade regularly and we couldn't offer him that. So he went to a club that could.

He wouldn't come back as cover. Not now that he is a starter.

Parcell is just not an option anymore.

I do think he is a bit overrated.

Not many clubs in the NRL have a decent hooker backup. South's are probably the only one I can think of. Most others are stop gap solutions. Niko, Benji & Waddel are by no means superstars but they would do for an injury cover.

I don't care about most clubs, I care about the Broncos and the style of football that suits them.

Even then, they've got better options than what the Broncos do.

Plenty of teams have at least a hooker as back up. Niko is great in offense but a total liability in defence.

Also those questioning maccas passing should take a look at Niko's passing from dummy half

Then wouldn't anyone just do it then?

???

My point is that the Broncos need a better back-up than what they've got currently. Somebody who could provide the Broncos something different in attack and possibly compliment McCullough's defensive style.

Am also expecting ash to come back ! There are rumours kahu wants to go home, i hope junior can step up or maybe pangai. I think Lodge will be that forward. Not sure macca will be replaced, it was said demetriou has plans for our halves and hooker in attack. That chip kick in the wcc was nice .
Those are false. He is a professional footy player of course, but he is happy where he is at.

You just like flash instead of solid/reliability. Go watch the Ipswich Jets

Not at all! Jarrod Crocker isn't flash but he is very skillful . Chris johns , peter Jackson, Michael devere . Reed was ok and Opacic might be as well but i would rather a step above. I agree that two strike centres wouldn't work but they still need great qualities. I think kahu would be perfect if he can get his defence up to scratch. I really don't think Opacic is the answer imo

Although we all want the best possible players in each position, its just just not doable from a financial point of view. All so there is the old adage ..... a champion team will always beat a team of champions. Thus if we get the best player suited to the team in each position we evolve into a champion team. Players in the Jack Reed mould

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • Socnorb
  • Morkel
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.