Our new halfback should be

Am also expecting ash to come back ! There are rumours kahu wants to go home, i hope junior can step up or maybe pangai. I think Lodge will be that forward. Not sure macca will be replaced, it was said demetriou has plans for our halves and hooker in attack. That chip kick in the wcc was nice .

Why would our entire team forget to tackle? We would be crazy inconsistent but we'd also witness some amazing attacking displays.

Hate to drag up the past, but remember when Steve Michaels had the yips in defence? One person was literally responsible for us leaking 50-odd points, with a couple more big scores put on us too.

It just takes one liability to totally destroy the defensive confidence of a team. Having two halves that are dodgy defense-wise means both of our edges will be targeted - either the outside defenders come in to help, exposing the wingers, or the middle forwards have to follow the ruck closer, meaning one side of the ruck will constantly be loose.

Bad bad bad bad.

For 2018?

Pivot and wait for Ash Taylor.

Spend the money on a quality left centre who can protect Milford, a forward who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty in the ruck and a dummy half who can get the team on the front foot.

If it means putting up with Nikorima or Marshall for a season, so be it.

I may be overconfident in this, and I'm definitely in the minority, but Opacic looks to me to be defensively very solid (If he gets his shoulders right). He might be who we're looking for. There just don't seem to be any Matt Cooper type players these days who gun it on both sides of the football in the centres.

Am also expecting ash to come back ! There are rumours kahu wants to go home, i hope junior can step up or maybe pangai. I think Lodge will be that forward. Not sure macca will be replaced, it was said demetriou has plans for our halves and hooker in attack. That chip kick in the wcc was nice .

Kahu doesn't want to move to the warriors because he isn't from Auckland so those rumours are complete bullshit

It makes for a good discussion, but the point I was making is that the Broncos need to focus on other areas as well and shouldn't just sign the best that's available.

If we can't replace Hunt, fine, replace the other players coming off of contract instead.

Hate to drag up the past, but remember when Steve Michaels had the yips in defence? One person was literally responsible for us leaking 50-odd points, with a couple more big scores put on us too.

It just takes one liability to totally destroy the defensive confidence of a team. Having two halves that are dodgy defense-wise means both of our edges will be targeted - either the outside defenders come in to help, exposing the wingers, or the middle forwards have to follow the ruck closer, meaning one side of the ruck will constantly be loose.

Bad bad bad bad.

I may be overconfident in this, and I'm definitely in the minority, but Opacic looks to me to be defensively very solid (If he gets his shoulders right). He might be who we're looking for. There just don't seem to be any Matt Cooper type players these days who gun it on both sides of the football in the centres.

Opacic will end up like reed imo im hoping seve comes good or maybe issako

Kahu doesn't want to move to the warriors because he isn't from Auckland so those rumours are complete bullshit

There were rumours of him following Kearney. And Auckland is closer to his home than Brisbane!

It makes for a good discussion, but the point I was making is that the Broncos need to focus on other areas as well and shouldn't just sign the best that's available.

If we can't replace Hunt, fine, replace the other players coming off of contract instead.

Agreed but we shouldn't go to the market for all positions needed.

FYI I'm more concerned about Roberts than Opacic.

Every club needs a Jack Reed/Tom Opacic style player.
I would say more a jarrod Crocker style to compliment a strike centre.

The Broncos aren't going to find every solution on the player market, but they're far more likely to find a suitable centre, forward or dummy half than halfback in the interim.

I would say more a jarrog Crocker style to compliment a strike centre.

Similar mould.

Good club centres who can be relied onto do the job.

The Broncos aren't going to find every solution on the player market, but they're far more likely to find a suitable centre, forward or dummy half than halfback in the interim.

Similar mould.

Good club centres who can be relied onto do the job.

Like who?

Like who?

Like a Josh Chudleigh or somebody who can be brought in and provide the Broncos with options.

It doesn't have to be a superstar, nor mean the Broncos have to get rid of McCullough. They just need some better options than Nikorima, Marshall and Waddell.

Like a Josh Chudleigh or somebody who can be brought in and provide the Broncos with options.

It doesn't have to be a superstar, nor mean the Broncos have to get rid of McCullough. They just need some better options than Nikorima, Marshall and Waddell.
And we're going to pay them how?

Money?

It shouldn't be that difficult to sign a up and coming depth hooker mate.

How long did Parcell sign for in the super league? I wouldn't mind getting him back as cover and should be fairly cheap. I'm actually surprised we didn't chase him before he went to super league. Maybe there is a reason why we let him go in the first place that I am not aware of?

Active Now

• Alec
  • Xzei
  • Dreaglor
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • mystico
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Astro
  • Fitzy
  • Big Del
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.