Our new halfback should be

no they don't the Raiders showed that with Milford ... and Milford actually had a get out clause that he tried to use

Keeping a player against their will for an additional season doesn't show power, it shows weakness.

no they don't the Raiders showed that with Milford ... and Milford actually had a get out clause that he tried to use
That was an attempt to get him to change his mind before June 30. That doesn't fly anymore...

Having said that, I have no problem with clubs enforcing contracts, and knowing Ash, he won't force the issue with the Tits, and give his all while wearing their jersey.

Can any tell me what happened to kodi nikorima. Which position should kodi play this and next year? Which position he is playing in Queensland cup?

No it shows that the club has the power, not the players.

Not at all, what power do they have? That they can uphold a legally binding contract if they so choose? Everyone in the world has that power.

Players have all the power, they dictate everything, hence why you see so many contracts being broken and terminated, if a player wants out, he generally gets out within 12 months, it's pretty rare that a club will keep a player out of spite.

If we come out on November 1st and announce that we've signed Taylor to a life time contract from 2019 onward, and Taylor requests a release from the Titans for 2018, I'd be moderately surprised if they forced him to stay.

The only circumstances teams generally do / did that is -

A) To attempt to get that player to back flip before June 30 - Example: Milford & Raiders (No longer possible)
B) To attempt to win a Premiership in that 12 month period - Example: Hunt & Broncos (Highly unlikely, it's the Titans)
C) Because they have nobody to fill the void in that players position - (They have Elgey & Roberts, also have Brimson who is one of the better young halves coming through)

Interesting kodi nikorima playing 5/8 for north devils in Queensland cup. May be Milford getting origin run this year.

I hope that Molo can continue to improve and impress to force his way into selection. I still am a fan of Molo and he could be a gun impact player.

Are you nominating molo for our next half back?

Kinda funny that we need a level headed halfback to steer the team around and put in good kicks when we let ol Petey go.

Because we really needed a make-shift hooker?

Old Mate I'm not following...

As for Taylor, the only way the Titans will release a player of his calibre is if his form takes a shocking nose-dive or they're able to lure somebody of equal or greater value. Otherwise it's just another Kalyn Ponga situation where the club will keep him because they can.

I don't really like the current situation and don't think it's fair on either parties, but until the NRL can work out a fair trade window it's just the way it's going to be.

I really didn't like Kent's justification either. "Well...Brisbane fans maybe unhappy to know their star halfback is gone at the end of the season...but least the Dragons are happy." There needs to be a better justification than swings and round-a-bouts.

Last edited:
If Broncos could lure Michael Parke Walshe would anyone be happy with that signing?

If Broncos could lure Michael Parke Walshe would anyone be happy with that signing?

No, I wouldn't be happy with that signing.

I don't think much of him and to be honest, I want an established half.

Not a ISC player that doesn't want to play first grade.

Does anyone know how jayden nickorima is goin down south? Is he playing reserve grade for the roosters?

He was all the rage at the start of last season and got thrown straight into first grade but haven't heard anything since. They also have brought in Keary and have pierce so there seems to be little room for him.

Does anyone know how jayden nickorima is goin down south? Is he playing reserve grade for the roosters?

Yep he playing for their feeder club with Copley, Wyong Roos.

Didn't do anything spectacular in the game I watched last weekend.

Ash Taylor please!!!! Maybe we should have kept him with Hunt!

Broncos should go after ash Taylor for next year. He is best player in titans team.

Broncos should go after ash Taylor for next year. He is best player in titans team.

how he is contracted to the Titans for next year ... no way the release him

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morepudding
  • ezpz
  • rj9
  • Alec
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.