Our new halfback should be

I don't see players like brooks or Johnson at the broncos. I think the player to replace hunt will be either a former bronco, a queenslander or knows Bennett through the England team or former teams. This year or next I suspect we will have one of the following

Widdop- knows Bennett through the England side, bronco supporter is his youth
mbye- Queenslander, uncertainty with reports the dogs are going after Moses or brooks in 2018
Keary- Queenslander, has signed with roosters but the roosters have many options like Watson, matterson and nikorima who are all younger
Roberts- Newcastle days played his best under Bennett
Taylor - who we all want back to be fair. Is Gold Coast too close to claim home sickness?
Croft- Queenslander, if he doesn't huger a halves position this year could asked for a release to get a first grade spot

Roughies could be nikorima x2, burns & o'hara (u20), Murphy, Scarlett or some junior/ Q cup player we don't know quite yet
No thank you to Widdop. No fucking way to Keary.. such a tool! Johnson or brooks - would never happen.

I honestly think Taylor is a given. GC probably need to offer him a further extension on bigger money now to stop us

Okay so this is super out of left field but Prince is playing 9s... Just sayin... Bloke is incredibly fit still. Could do the job for a year.

Okay so this is super out of left field but Prince is playing 9s... Just sayin... Bloke is incredibly fit still. Could do the job for a year.

Fitness or not, his body barely held together for his swansong with us. I like the idea, but practically it just won't happen.

Well apparently the Warriors are chasing Folau (which would be absolutely terrible for them in terms of the makeup of their side and cap allocation, but I'll take him back in league), which would perhaps give us a chance with Johnson. I don't see much in Mbye, he doesn't have much of a kicking game and just seems average. Roberts next season, as I said in the other thread, would be good as a stop gap. Maybe we can pull a roosters and sign Foran at a discount, but some club will probably offer him a stupid deal after the Warriors risk a season straightening him out, as is for the parasitic clubs in the nrl (roosters, dogs, Cronulla, cows). SWiddop would go well with a structured, Sowardesque, game plan.

Why can't we go with 2 halves that have a great running game?

everyone's problem with Hunt is due to his kicking and game management ... Nikorima doesn't solve either of those issues

I don't see players like brooks or Johnson at the broncos. I think the player to replace hunt will be either a former bronco, a queenslander or knows Bennett through the England team or former teams. This year or next I suspect we will have one of the following

Widdop- knows Bennett through the England side, bronco supporter is his youth
mbye- Queenslander, uncertainty with reports the dogs are going after Moses or brooks in 2018
Keary- Queenslander, has signed with roosters but the roosters have many options like Watson, matterson and nikorima who are all younger
Roberts- Newcastle days played his best under Bennett
Taylor - who we all want back to be fair. Is Gold Coast too close to claim home sickness?
Croft- Queenslander, if he doesn't huger a halves position this year could asked for a release to get a first grade spot

Roughies could be nikorima x2, burns & o'hara (u20), Murphy, Scarlett or some junior/ Q cup player we don't know quite yet

what I don't get is why everyone thinks we can't sign anyone other than a former Bronco or a Queenslander looking to come home.

we should be going after the best available player.

what I don't get is why everyone thinks we can't sign anyone other than a former Bronco or a Queenslander looking to come home.

we should be going after the best available player.

Not saying we have to get a Queenslander but the players I quoted have more reasons to come than say brooks or Johnson

Not saying we have to get a Queenslander but the players I quoted have more reasons to come than say brooks or Johnson

and we shouldn't be chasing any of them IMO, with the exception of Taylor. Also Roberts and Widdop are the only players in your list off contract at the end of 2017

and that's only if Taylor kicks on from his 2016 season. and there is also no way we get him before 2019 at the earliest. what do we do until then.

and we shouldn't be chasing any of them IMO, with the exception of Taylor. Also Roberts and Widdop are the only players in your list off contract at the end of 2017

and that's only if Taylor kicks on from his 2016 season. and there is also no way we get him before 2019 at the earliest. what do we do until then.

Keary mbye and croft would have to get a release that's why I stated possible reasoning

If somehow in our wildest dreams Bennett got Taylor out of his contract every bronco hater would loose their shit but that's what we all wish would happen. If only there was a clause in his contract stating if a position came up at the Broncos he could come home

Generally, yes, we seem to sign players that will find it easier to buy in to our culture. But Bennett has also been known to go outside this trend for players that can be potential keys. Think Lazarus, Blair, he went for Johns remember. Johnson, if Bennett thinks he can get him to buy in and get him performing consistently, could be that guy. @Battler, the Folau thing totally slipped my mind. My (50% kiwi) work mates are hopeful because his GF is a professional sportsperson who lives/plays/represents NZ. Legit might happen, so they'll need to lose a big name to fit him in.

Johnson is the best player they have he wins games and every kiwi kid wants to be him they will pay him whatever he wants to stay more than we can match

Johnson is the best player they have he wins games and every kiwi kid wants to be him they will pay him whatever he wants to stay more than we can match

They struggle for consistency. That's not Johnson's fault so much, but Foran was signed on his tough edge and consistency. I can't see them being able to afford Folau on top of the entire Kiwi spine (who besides Johnson were all poached).

They struggle for consistency. That's not Johnson's fault so much, but Foran was signed on his tough edge and consistency. I can't see them being able to afford Folau on top of the entire Kiwi spine (who besides Johnson were all poached).

True something would have to give but just see Luke or RTS going first

Man, how good does a team of 9. Luke, 7. Johnson, 6. Foran, 3. Falou, 1. RTS look on paper. That gets me excited.

Can anybody tell me what position Kodi played in under 20's? And what style of football he played, was he a running type player who made breaks himself or more an organising style player with a good kicking/passing game. I've only ever seen him play that utility role at hooker (which he does quiet well) just wondering what his natural game is?

Can anybody tell me what position Kodi played in under 20's? And what style of football he played, was he a running type player who made breaks himself or more an organising style player with a good kicking/passing game. I've only ever seen him play that utility role at hooker (which he does quiet well) just wondering what his natural game is?

He played in the halves and when his brother and Taylor arrived he moved to fullback, played there in an u20's grand final. Is a runner more than an organiser. He is a similar mould to Milford. Broncos actually chose him over Milford in their early teens

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • IceWorks
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.