Our new halfback should be

Wayne Bennett was a massive fan of Chris Sandow in his hey day at Souths.

Chris Sandow coming to the Bronco's would intrigue me. Before I'm shouted down let me explain myself. 1. Bennett's a big fan of Sandow's game, could get him right as he has done with Darius Boyd who suffered issues at the Knights. 2. Sandow would be closer to home and would avoid homesickness that he has suffered at Parramatta and UK super-league . 3. Broncos would have a year to clear Sandow from the NRL integrity unit from his contract walkout at Warrington and the brawl that happened at Cherbourg. It probably won't happen though.
You make some valid points there and I am a big fan of Sandow. But he would only be replacing another problem child (Jet) and like Roberts, he would be much more trouble than he's worth out on the field. There are some dudes who never grow up and Sandow is one of them.

Taylor could be a million dollar half in another two years. How do we fit him in the team with Milford?

Obviously a few others will surely be finishing up here at the end of this/next year.

Things like injuries/retiring change matters as well.

Sandow at the Broncos would be a disaster.

Chris Sandow plays for Chris Sandow, that's it.

He wants to do things his way and if he doesn't get his way, he becomes very lazy and doesn't put the effort in. He will then whinge on social media.

That is one of the reasons why Brad Arthur got rid of him.

He doesn't want to be a team player. He just wants to make the highlights reels.

Sandow's big problem at eels is that they really wanted a structure only game plan. We only need his kicking game the rest can be plays they worked on but a lot of on the moment plays.

I think the biggest thing we need to realise is the nrl has a salary cap in place to avoid clubs been stacked with stars and other clubs having no one. this ultimately means if we pay milf 1million a season we probably can't afford to pay his halves partner same amount (without sacrificing other positions) the biggest challenge is getting a combination that works well together, preferably someone we can pick up cheaply who can complament milf.

I think the other big thing is history shows your don't need two big name halves to do well. Look at the sharks last year with Maloney and his supporting half Townsend (who wouldn't be on massive money) and again with Lockyer and Shane perry. It all comes down to getting the right balance amongst your team which until you see guys play together no one really knows how they will go.

bad example IMO, in 2006 Lockyer was good enough to count as 2 halves
Yeah that is true Lockyer defirnietely was good enough how ever take a look at maybe the raiders from last year who went close to grand final they didn't really have two gun halves. Further to this Melbourne over the years also have been very good(acknowledging they had a good hooker and fullback) I guess the biggest point I'm trying to make is with the likes of Boyd and Milford hopefully we can get he job done with a lower profile half back. It would be handy if Macca could really take it up a notch as well to really give us a quality hooker, fullback and 5/8 taking the pressure off e half back.

I hope somebody notifies Ash Taylor of this then because I am sure it's the last thing on his mind.

Our he is thinking he could finally get the starting HB role for the broncs! Something he has dreamed of doing!

Yeah that is true Lockyer defirnietely was good enough how ever take a look at maybe the raiders from last year who went close to grand final they didn't really have two gun halves. Further to this Melbourne over the years also have been very good(acknowledging they had a good hooker and fullback) I guess the biggest point I'm trying to make is with the likes of Boyd and Milford hopefully we can get he job done with a lower profile half back. It would be handy if Macca could really take it up a notch as well to really give us a quality hooker, fullback and 5/8 taking the pressure off e half back.

Sezer and Austin are better than average halfs, definatley not spuds.

Sezer and Austin are better than average halfs, definatley not spuds.
Yes far from spuds, simply a good combination who aren't costing them and arm and a leg. I guess when you think about it hunt is probably the perfect partner for Milford, no superstar but he compliments him and wouldn't have cost us to much money... that is until the dragons pipe up and pay massive overs for him and take him for us.

On another note if we do try and poach another half would it be smart to chase someone with a really solid kicking game and not worry as much about running/passing game?

That's why Sandow is the perfect pick he has a great kicking game and a good goal kicker. Sign him on a cheap 1 year deal to see how he goes.

Our he is thinking he could finally get the starting HB role for the broncs! Something he has dreamed of doing!
Dreams change as you get older especially if the Titans have more success in the next two years. Assuming that he is going to automatically come rushing back in 2019 is kids stuff.

Marshall is going to be our 7 in 2018 isn't he.

****. Me. It's Prince all over again

Dreams change as you get older especially if the Titans have more success in the next two years. Assuming that he is going to automatically come rushing back in 2019 is kids stuff.

I can assume whatever i want . What makes you think you know better than me.

You're right in that there needs to be a big cherry on top and that comes with the post-retirement options, third-party deals/sponsorships, family culture, industry networks, representative opportunities, FTA exposure, coaching staff, personal and professional development opportunities, club security/predictability and record of success...

I'm thinking those cherries are sweetest at his home club.
But still no guarantee that he will return or if the Broncos even want him to return. Two years is a long time in RL. Things change in this game daily.

When is Elgey contracted to with the Tits? I really rate what I saw of him in 2015. But I don't really recall the extent of his kicking game. Is it ace?

I'm not considering Taylor for 2018 at this stage. No way the Tits release him. The Tits can give 2018 a big crack I reckon. Out of the rest of the younger options out there, Elgey has plenty up side for me.

If Hunts attitude picks up from last year and he really wants to put in and enjoy his last year with us than we have a crack at the Premiership if the squad stays fit. If he continues to be frustrated as he seemed last year and is not offering anything by mid year than throw Bunji the keys.

I think there is a potential big upside to some of our younger forward pack once they get into the swing by mid season (maybe optimistic). And not knowing what 2018 brings we need to throw everything at 2017.

Elgey is there till at least the end of 2018

If Elgey and Taylor gel well then 2018 is a big year for Gold Coast. They may even give it a shake this year.

I have had my criticisms of Hunt, though I never threw him under the bus. But I think we have been left with our pants down a little in this process regardless of how good people assume Milf will be.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Wild Horse
  • Brocko
  • pagey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • Allo
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.