Our new halfback should be

Triple M were saying that the reason this is taking so long is because of TPA's that weren't paid to Milford.

Triple M were saying that the reason this is taking so long is because of TPA's that weren't paid to Milford.
I don't understand how TPA's are the club's concern.

The manager has to organise the TPA's if it comes from the club it is cheating the salary cap.

Any mention of TPA's within a player's contract would be illegal under the cap. Excluding the ones the club can offer but that's like $500k across the whole team

No I don't, but Wayne does have some form in regards to these contract matters.

He more often than not gets his way, but as I've mentioned before, playing Russian roulette with our most talented player might come back to bite us...

Maybe I am over simplifying however I would have thought that we ought to have signed Milford before Bird given what went down about Milford coming to Brisbane and comparisons to Lockyer etc etc.

I still have this uneasy feeling we will lose him and as much as I like Taylor and Bird, I'd much rather have Milford than either of those.

Hmmm.... Slater, Milford, Munster, Smith. Not a bad spine

Last edited:
Regardless of whether Milf stays or not, I think Taylor will still be an option. Bird won't be a long term half or center, I have a feeling he is going to be that ball playing lock. Roberts isn't a certainty to sign, and I still have a feeling we are going to see a retirement. We could be in the market for a half, forward and possibly a center at the end of the season.

What are our chances of losing Milford? How far in are we in contract talks?

Maybe I am over simplifying however I would have thought that we ought to have signed Milford before Bird given what went down about Milford coming to Brisbane and comparisons to Lockyer etc etc.

I still have this uneasy feeling we will lose him and as much as I like Taylor and Bird, I'd much rather have Milford than either of those.

Hmmm.... Slater, Milford, Munster, Smith. Not a bad spine

Where does that leave young croft that every one raves about?

If Milf resigns we should still try and get Croft to be a **** you to the storm for tyring to pinch our golden boy

I can't believe after all the hype and carry on about Milford from 2014 onwards, unless I am wrong, people here seem not to give 2 hoots if he leaves.

I can't believe after all the hype and carry on about Milford from 2014 onwards, unless I am wrong, people here seem not to give 2 hoots if he leaves.
I'd like him to stay, but I wouldn't be devastated if he left. If he doesn't want to be here, then I certainly don't care if he leaves.

I'd like him to stay, but I wouldn't be devastated if he left. If he doesn't want to be here, then I certainly don't care if he leaves.
I unfortunately would be devastated. He is a world class half say what you want and all the other world class halves are locked up. We would have no one.

Milford is going to be one of the best, hopefully his career is spent in Brisbane. Going by the articles in the other threads it looks like we don't have much to worry about. Slow news day.

There is a difference between not caring if Milf leaves and not wanting us to mimic the Tigers or Knights by paying massive overs to a player (even one with the talent of Milf) effectively leaving us too short on other areas.

I'm not too worried about the later happening though as watching the way Bennett has negotiated contracts in the past. He generally offers players what he feels they are worth and if they choose to take the massive coin on offer elsewhere then so be it.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ondi
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncotville
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • MrTickyMcG
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.