Pacific Championship Week 4 Discussion

Serious question did anyone get annoyed that Australia lost?

Broncos lose = I'm pissed off
Australia lose = shrug and lol

I'm curious if there's any die-hard Kangaroos supporters that actually ride the emotions of the games.
Nope. only had it on in the background. Was really only interested in the Broncos players, and even then none particularly stood out. That said, as one-eyed as I am, I didn't really think Cobbo, Flegler and Staggs earned selection, while Carrigan and Haas had somewhat regressed into playing by numbers.

Had Mal fielded Cleary, Mam, Grant and Walsh in the spine, with Ponga off the bench, maybe it would've been a whole lot more entertaining. And they might've earned their positions on recent form.

Anyway, it's the off-season, isn't it? Everyone's on holidays or getting repaired.

I'm curious if there's any die-hard Kangaroos supporters that actually ride the emotions of the games.

I've literally not watched a game since the grand final. Its nothing to do with us losing, i just dont have much desire to watch League at all right now. Not sure why i feel like it, but i'm kind of sick of the way the game is going.

Was actually more the opposite for me... I want to see the international game grow and become more competitive so a NZ win was more interesting to me.

I get pissed when broncos and Qld lose, because those competitions are even across the board so I care more about the result.

At the International level the game has been so one sided to Australia that there's usually no contest when they decide to show up and turn it on... and it sucks away any interest in the competition.

Growth of the Pasifika nations will inherently increase interest in the international game.

Have a look at the Aust team from yesterday and the potential allegiances players 'could' take... not saying these players are even remotely interested in representing them, but Australia's depth in the outside backs is already getting short, imagine if Hammer, Staggs, Haas and Tino all represented Pasifika countries.

Australia has the best spine no doubt... and this is the main issue with Pasifika nations, but if they start catching up at hooker and halves Australia's dominance might actually start to be contested and create a more even playing field.

1. Tedesco
2. Edwards
3. Hammer (Samoa)
4. Staggs (Tonga)
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Haas (Samoa)
9. Bhunt
10. Tino (Samoa)
11. Martin
12. Cotter
13. Yeo

14. Harry
15. Collins
16. Patty
17. Hynes

18. Flegler

International Rugby League is a bit different to the NRL .
Less rule "interpretations ."

Was actually more the opposite for me... I want to see the international game grow and become more competitive so a NZ win was more interesting to me.

I get pissed when broncos and Qld lose, because those competitions are even across the board so I care more about the result.

At the International level the game has been so one sided to Australia that there's usually no contest when they decide to show up and turn it on... and it sucks away any interest in the competition.

Growth of the Pasifika nations will inherently increase interest in the international game.

Have a look at the Aust team from yesterday and the potential allegiances players 'could' take... not saying these players are even remotely interested in representing them, but Australia's depth in the outside backs is already getting short, imagine if Hammer, Staggs, Haas and Tino all represented Pasifika countries.

Australia has the best spine no doubt... and this is the main issue with Pasifika nations, but if they start catching up at hooker and halves Australia's dominance might actually start to be contested and create a more even playing field.

1. Tedesco
2. Edwards
3. Hammer (Samoa)
4. Staggs (Tonga)
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Haas (Samoa)
9. Bhunt
10. Tino (Samoa)
11. Martin
12. Cotter
13. Yeo

14. Harry
15. Collins
16. Patty
17. Hynes

18. Flegler
You will get more money from the NRL than the island nations ?

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

I couldn’t stand the highlights of the game. Looks like costly Staggs mistakes as usual & looked like poor game from everyone.

I’m glad that this is over now. Finally Patty & Payne can get the much deserved break from footy. One good that would most likely come out of this tournament is — our boys would’ve picked up couple of things which will become vital for our premiership claim next season.

Yeah I haven’t cared about the Australia team in a while. Of course I would prefer them to win but I don’t really care. I think there are a lot of reasons for that but the fact that for a majority of the time it never feels like they take it seriously so why should we? I mean when you are picking Edwards on the wing when he isn’t a winger but ‘deserves’ to be in the team it just seems like a pisstake.

makes it a worse select decision when the player that kept him out of fullback was an aging player that had been playing ordinary football (at best) for the better part of 12 months

I actually don’t mind watching Australia lose because of all the years we spent trying to hold other nations back by not letting players play for them if they wanted to play origin. Pathetic Standover bullying shit imo.

I don’t think Australia were taking it all that seriously, it’s a gimmick comp.

Bring back the Tri-Nations.

International game is a bit of a shit show being at the end of the season, the teams that can be decent like Samoa if full strength lose tonnes of quality if a player or two is out for off season surgery.

That said there is no alternative, the game will get more better in the future but it's still not close to being good yet, even teams like Fiji are gaining in better player quality if you look at their best possible team if all are fit, it will come eventually.

Also the NRL making the final in Hamilton and pricing the tickets stupid high shows how fucking clueless the NRL are, they didn't even promote the game in NZ so people could be more aware it's happening either.

International game is a bit of a shit show being at the end of the season, the teams that can be decent like Samoa if full strength lose tonnes of quality if a player or two is out for off season surgery.

That said there is no alternative, the game will get more better in the future but it's still not close to being good yet, even teams like Fiji are gaining in better player quality if you look at their best possible team if all are fit, it will come eventually.

Also the NRL making the final in Hamilton and pricing the tickets stupid high shows how fucking clueless the NRL are, they didn't even promote the game in NZ so people could be more aware it's happening either.

No joke, the game in Melbourne the week before they were doing both 2-1 tickets AND $10 seats.

Couldn’t give 2 ***** about some nothing comp after the season proper has finished.
Also no idea how Munster Is selected?! He has been poo all year

Active Now

• Lurker
  • armchair
  • Organix
  • BroncosMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fatboy
  • Maddy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
... and 56 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.