NEWS Pangai told to leave

Who knows the actual answer but reportedly this season and the next 2.
If true our shitstorm of a salary cap will continue while him and tpj and god knows who else continue to be subsidised by us.

If true our shitstorm of a salary cap will continue while him and tpj and god knows who else continue to be subsidised by us.
That’s a really good point. You’d need to be Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting genius to come up with a formula to know exactly who we are paying, at what club, for how much and how long. It’s Snatch proper fucked.

That’s a really good point. You’d need to be Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting genius to come up with a formula to know exactly who we are paying, at what club, for how much and how long. It’s Snatch proper fucked.
Ideally it’s the last of the pain though and it’s all good contracts from here on.

I don't want TPJ to leaveand would much prefer if he fight his way back into first grade. I think the teams better but only if he improves the small things. He's an asset.

I'd say offloading Lodge, we are probably paying 300k a year, possibly bought forward incrementally into this year. TPJ at 150k is not the end of the world. So depending on how much you want to believe they are on, losing those two leads to us having somewhere from 800k - 1 million freed, not a bad result but the questions is, who do you use it on?

Hypothetically, let's say we get Woods for 200k, that leaves 6-800k - so who is it for?
I heard from a pretty reliable source that Woods was only looking for around $160K from the Sharks to stay and they still said no.

I heard from a pretty reliable source that Woods was only looking for around $160K from the Sharks to stay and they still said no.

Why? None of this makes sense to me. He seems like an okish guy off the field so not sure there’d be huge issues there. He isn’t an elite prop by any means but he is still certainly first grade standard for sure. What’s the issue with him and why is he chasing so little money? He’s still a young enough former international prop.

Why? None of this makes sense to me. He seems like an okish guy off the field so not sure there’d be huge issues there. He isn’t an elite prop by any means but he is still certainly first grade standard for sure. What’s the issue with him and why is he chasing so little money? He’s still a young enough former international prop.
Motivation and drive, he plateaued and hasnt come back since. Hes a chilled character off the field, maybe too chilled.

He was pretty keen to stay at the Sharks apparently, so it's probably a case of him willing to take significant unders to not have to relocate, but it does show you that he most likely isn't going to cost anyone a fortune if they want his services.

Motivation and drive, he plateaued and hasnt come back since. Hes a chilled character off the field, maybe too chilled.
He's plenty capable of a wild night, let me assure you.

Personally I'd trade Lodge, Flegler and Pangai for 3 average but consistent front rowers any day of the week.
I said this after we got rolled in the pre-season trial against the Cows. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for.

Badel has said that TPJ was tabled a formal offer by the Tigers ... but their package was below TPJ's asking price of 800k per year.

he still expect TPJ to be gone before he is eligible to play for us again on July 30. says Dragons and Bulldogs major contenders for his signature and the Bulldogs have upped the anteand held talks with TPJ's management

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • The Don
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • broncs30
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.