NEWS Pangai told to leave

Lodge was a victim of Vlandys.

I don't actually believe his contract is as big as CURRENTLY reported. the reports started out less (about 700k) which was perfectly acceptable for a prop of his standard in the pre-Vlandysball era.

no-one could have predicted Vlandys crusade to destroy the sport from within

Lodge was a victim of Vlandys.

I don't actually believe his contract is as big as CURRENTLY reported. the reports started out less (about 700k) which was perfectly acceptable for a prop of his standard in the pre-Vlandysball era.

no-one could have predicted Vlandys crusade to destroy the sport from within
You only have to look at how much impact the new rules had based on the stocks of Reagan Campbell-Gillard.

He was an absolute bust after signing an $800k contract with Penrith, due to his total lack of strength/power game and inability to make post contact meters or even dent the defensive line. Only to be picked up by Parra and become a very serviceable prop in Vlando ball due to his mobility, length (ranginess??) and new found endurance.

WTF is going on, did Ikin come in and crunch numbers and realize it makes no sense. I bet clubs are trying to rob us blind. Its not worth it in the long run if so. Diabolical and stupid, the leaking from our media owners is killing us I think.

I have no doubt that's how rival clubs are seeing it "if we can get them to pay 55/60% of the deal, we will come into it"

It actually makes no sense to be moving on these players unless they are dead set not even having a go and I don't see that with their performances

I don't understand what's happening... are we keeping him or not!?!?! I would say someone from the club should make a line in the sand statement, but I probably wouldn't believe them anyway...

If you actually watch Kev’s “not going anywhere” presser he is talking about Lodge not TPJ. He very clearly says Lodge will be remaining at the club this season. A reporter asked if the same went for TPJ and Kev gave one of his trademark horrible at lying mumbled answer trailing off into jibberish and rambling about the importance of stability.

TPJ is gone.

I don't understand what's happening... are we keeping him or not!?!?! I would say someone from the club should make a line in the sand statement, but I probably wouldn't believe them anyway...

At first I thought this was a laughable deal then I realised..... If tigers are willing to pay 250,000 for this season then the full contract next year... CYA TEVITA! There's only 9 games left this year for us and them lol, 3 of which he'd be suspended for! 1 of those 3 is against the tigers so we wouldn't have to play him and get the typical Broncos revenge play well game. That's over 40,000 a game the tigers would pay him this year!!! Hahahaha it will get made out we did poorly in this deal but that's shocking business by them, particularly as they are little/no chance of the finals

I’m guessing no club offered anywhere near enough money for either if them, to make it worthwhile for us to let them go.

Or maybe no other club actually offered anything… Newcastle came close but pulled it‘s offer. Is there anything definitive that any other offer came in at all?

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to find we are the only club in the league dumb enough to pay what these two are on.
The second we publicly started saying our cap was a mess and we need to shift players we automatically put ourselves in a very weak position to negotiate.

Word seems true TPJ Bulldogs. Costs us 100 this year 150 next year. Mag still wants him but Tigers vito hard.

Word seems true TPJ Bulldogs. Costs us 100 this year 150 next year. Mag still wants him but Tigers vito hard.
So apparently 150 and up to 500 for lodge next year. I don’t think I buy it.

I'd say offloading Lodge, we are probably paying 300k a year, possibly bought forward incrementally into this year. TPJ at 150k is not the end of the world. So depending on how much you want to believe they are on, losing those two leads to us having somewhere from 800k - 1 million freed, not a bad result but the questions is, who do you use it on?

Hypothetically, let's say we get Woods for 200k, that leaves 6-800k - so who is it for?

I'd say offloading Lodge, we are probably paying 300k a year, possibly bought forward incrementally into this year. TPJ at 150k is not the end of the world. So depending on how much you want to believe they are on, losing those two leads to us having somewhere from 800k - 1 million freed, not a bad result but the questions is, who do you use it on?

Hypothetically, let's say we get Woods for 200k, that leaves 6-800k - so who is it for?

possibly a bit of depth ... or maybe a contingency fund in case a quality hooker suddenly comes available

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • RolledOates
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jazza
  • Behold
  • Rookie Alan
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • Alec
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.