NEWS Pangai told to leave

It’s a fucking shambles.

I’ve actually backed the club on almost every decision because even when I don’t agree I at least can see the logic behind the moves and trust that there’s a long term plan at play. But the club and Kev contradict those decisions almost immediately in every instance. The whole thing start to finish has looked amateur since Bennett left and a lot of the time when he was still here.

But between this shit and the horrific shuffling of players week in week out, the club has embarrassed itself at every possible turn.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

No wonder this place is such a disaster. The players legit don't know whether they are staying or going.

It’s a fucking shambles.

I’ve actually backed the club on almost every decision because even when I don’t agree I at least can see the logic behind the moves and trust that there’s a long term plan at play. But the club and Kev contradict those decisions almost immediately in every instance. The whole thing start to finish has looked amateur since Bennett left and a lot of the time when he was still here.

But between this shit and the horrific shuffling of players week in week out, the club has embarrassed itself at every possible turn.
Pretty much everything that needs to be said in regards to this situation.
The Broncos are an embarrassment.

Imagine your boss going from **** off to please stay every week for months. It's a credit to Lodge his form hasn't fallen off a cliff.
Happens all the time in the construction industry. You get a redundancy letter with a notice period and sometimes it keeps getting extended and extended until finally you get told you’re not needed.

WTF is going on, did Ikin come in and crunch numbers and realize it makes no sense. I bet clubs are trying to rob us blind. Its not worth it in the long run if so. Diabolical and stupid, the leaking from our media owners is killing us I think.

WTF is going on, did Ikin come in and crunch numbers and realize it makes no sense. I bet clubs are trying to rob us blind. Its not worth it in the long run if so. Diabolical and stupid, the leaking from our media owners is killing us I think.

Yeah good point, it is most likely once again Morris. And he's got at least three brand spanking new years to keep screwing up.

I'd say the Broncos would've said to Lodge and TPJ that if they can find a new contract then they won't stand in the way if they want to leave... and if it helps them to move straight away then they'll grant it.

Players and managers need that approval from the club when they're under contract before they can get serious with negotiations.

The manager then needs to build up some hype and let everyone know that their player is on the lookout for a new club and they can go straight away.

The media has then runaway with the "can leave now" as a headline, when in reality the Broncos are likely just broadening the options available to the players to assist with getting them off the books and all they really want is the player's salary gone for 2022.

There's very little time left to finalise the top 30 (Aug 1 is the cutoff) and there's no way the Broncos can replace two guys that are on $1.3m between them in 4 weeks or so, unless a team is open to a trade... which becomes difficult logistically especially with the salaries being talked about.

To me it's a media beat up.

No doubt the Broncos have likely told Lodge several times that he can leave if he finds a club... and 1910 has indicated that the deal was done between knights and broncos until his manager came in and ask for more money, which blew up the deal.. that can quite easily be construed as a "you can go, no the deal is now off, but you can still go if you can find a club"

I'd say ultimately Broncos want one or the other off the books totally next year to use on the spine... I dont necessarily think they want both gone, but the managers are playing everything out in the media and Broncos will probably end up letting both go.

I’m guessing no club offered anywhere near enough money for either if them, to make it worthwhile for us to let them go.

Or maybe no other club actually offered anything… Newcastle came close but pulled it‘s offer. Is there anything definitive that any other offer came in at all?

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to find we are the only club in the league dumb enough to pay what these two are on.

Imagine your boss going from **** off to please stay every week for months. It's a credit to Lodge his form hasn't fallen off a cliff.
But still, the money he is on is just ridiculous! He should do more for the money he is on. Same as Joffa so glad he was gone. Thats why the club is f**3d, sorry for the rant. Max $450k for me.

But still, the money he is on is just ridiculous! He should do more for the money he is on. Same as Joffa so glad he was gone. Thats why the club is f**3d, sorry for the rant. Max $450k for me.
I agree but good for him, which one of us wouldn't want to be overpaid? It's up to DD to sort contract values out moving forward. You can't retrospectively negotiate a signed and sealed contract.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • The Strapper
  • john1420
  • broncotville
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Evander
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.