Panthers forced to drop young guns

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...rangle-hits-panthers-hard-20130607-2nveo.html

Penrith will be forced to drop one of the stars of their resurgence, fullback Matt Moylan, because of what officials have called ''unreasonable'' second-tier salary cap restrictions.
The Panthers have been notified by the NRL that should they play Moylan against Wests Tigers on Sunday, they will risk a substantial fine, and there are also doubts about winger Travis Robinson's availability for the match.

Personally, i feel for the panthers here. They have had a horrible run of injuries this year, and in recovering from that have unearthed some brilliant talent (even better than the players they replaced) but are now going to have to drop them and bring back in the original players. Moylan is a star in the making and they will be severely worse off with him not there

Yep. It's another stupid aspect of the salary cap.

I bet if it was the Storm everyone would be calling for their points to be stripped.

It is the secondary cap though. It only comes into play for player outside your top 25 squad. If this happened to the Storm it would be because they have been smashed by injury. I'd be having a party.

I bet if it was the Storm everyone would be calling for their points to be stripped.
Stupid comment really, this is an unfortunate situation where they've went over the cap simply because they've had to play lots of non top25 players NRL match payments. It's not even remotely close to cheating, purely bad luck. Storm are cheating scum who run two sets of books and have terrible sportsmanship on the field too.

:laugh: I'll pay that.

I'll be interested to see what the review uncovers. Seems like a very odd situation but perhaps Gould tried to pull a few shifties in the second tier cap?

This has come up before, I distinctly remember the second-tier cap being an issue for some other club.

Of course, since it's now Gould's club then it's the end of the WORLD!!!!

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • Johnny92
  • HarryAllan7
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Fatboy
  • Manofoneway
  • Brotherdu
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.