Panthers sack Anthony Griffin

listening to Macquarie sports radio and they are about to cross to a PC with Cameron Ciraldo ... so, it looks like Gould will be continuing on from last night

Given the situation, I thought has handled himself extremely well, and was all class on NRL 360

Really hoping the Tigers retain Ivan and sign Nathan

Be the best laugh I've had in years

Yep, he was struggling to not answer honestly so they pulled him.
I think Dean Whare did an interview a little later and got behind the management and new head coach.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers place a ban on coaching questions soon.
It's not fair to the players being pumped from every direction and it will destabilise the team when someone eventually slips up.

I'm thinking that neither Gus or Griffindor are "right" in this situation. Both seem like they would just drag any club down. Should have just gotten rid of both like a 3 week bandaid.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that neither Gus or Griffindor are "right" in this situation. Both seem like they would just drag any club down. Should have just gotten rid of both like a 3 week bandaid.

Wouldn't that be a magnificent plot twist. Gus Gould gets sacked as well.

I think Dean Whare did an interview a little later and got behind the management and new head coach.

I heard he said he thought the timing to sack Griffin was right.....and that management made the right call.

Hmmm.......4 games out from the semi's and the timing was right? Sounds like Dean and Griffin didn't get along.

I heard he said he thought the timing to sack Griffin was right.....and that management made the right call.

Hmmm.......4 games out from the semi's and the timing was right? Sounds like Dean and Griffin didn't get along.

It's an awkward position the players are in. They are going to cop questions from experienced journos and they will be trying to not cross Gus as well as not feed the story and unsettle their run to the semis.

I'm sure the Penrith media manager will be working on a simple stock standard answer for them all.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/ecb5908d04bdf11982c3bf0e35aec45b

Last edited:
Tyrone Peachey did not seem to have a problem with Griffin at all. Just made a wisecrack about not being happy when he was picked on the bench instead of the run on team.

Tyrone Peachey did not seem to have a problem with Griffin at all. Just made a wisecrack about not being happy when he was picked on the bench instead of the run on team.

There was a huge noticeable pause before he answered, I'm betting they aren't on particularly good terms either.

Last edited:
Who's actually captain of the panthers now??

We talk about a leadership crisis at the broncos but Yeo led them out tonight and I though it must've been for a milestone game.

Wallace retired, coach sacked and Maloney apparently being shopped around... who the **** is leading that team

Gould. He's the off-field captain.
Hence my premise about us complaining about lack of leadership at the Broncos.

Deadset panthers were the Sydney darlings in a premiership window and appear to have completely capitulated.

Hence my premise about us complaining about lack of leadership at the Broncos.

Deadset panthers were the Sydney darlings in a premiership window and appear to have completely capitulated.

Looks like we're finishing 8th thanks to the panthers

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.