Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
griffin-a--182007_jo_1-1.jpg

Panthers part ways with coach Griffin four weeks out from finals

August 6, 2018

The Penrith Panthers are expected to part ways with coach Anthony Griffin just four weeks out from the finals.

The Panthers notified Griffin on Monday afternoon that his services would not be required beyond the end of this season despite being contracted until the end of 2020.

NRL.com understands there is a possibility Griffin could walk as early as this week, leaving assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo as the caretaker for the rest of the season.

It's understood Penrith have made the decision to part ways with Griffin because of a belief he is unable to take the club to a premiership.

The Panthers have won their past two matches, coming from behind to topple Manly and Canberra over the past fortnight.

However, it has done little to disguise the issues that have been brewing over the past couple of months at the club, with the board stepping in on Monday to bring it to a head.

MORE TO COME.

Source: NRL.com

Well this is the logical piece that needed to fall in to place for Bennett's future regime to work.

Bennett as head of football, Griffin coach.

tenor.gif

Well this is the logical piece that needed to fall in to place for Bennett's future regime to work.

Bennett as head of football, Griffin coach.

tenor.gif

Seriously...that could work. Griffin is clearly a decent coach. Bennett is clearly a good man manager. They would compliment each other well.

Seriously...that could work. Griffin is clearly a decent coach. Bennett is clearly a good man manager. They would compliment each other well.

It couldn't work.

Reports coming out that senior players are disgruntled with Griffin and said they wouldn't remain at the club if he was still coach.. There were similar reports coming out of the Broncos and reports that we missed out on star players due to Griffin being coach.

Even with Gould, who is a good man manager himself, shit still went sour within the playing group.

It would just end up being the same result here.

No shit. Honestly how fucking stupid is Gould. This is literally a carbon copy of what happened with us.

Griffett ball?
Bennin ball?
Waynthony Griffinennett.

People aren't seriously suggesting griffin could be coach at the broncos again?

Griffin just seems like bottom of the barrel coach to me. Just gets by on his likeability.

I'll never work out why Gus wanted him in the first place. I guess he didn't notice that Hook reduced a legendary franchise to the point of almost being laughing stock. This was never going to end well.

It couldn't work.

Reports coming out that senior players are disgruntled with Griffin and said they wouldn't remain at the club if he was still coach.. There were similar reports coming out of the Broncos and reports that we missed out on star players due to Griffin being coach.

Even with Gould, who is a good man manager himself, shit still went sour within the playing group.

It would just end up being the same result here.

Is that true about Griffin in his time at the Broncs? I remember hearing comments on here about it but everything else is vague. I do seem to remember a few players, including Hunt and McGuire saying that they would leave if Griffin left. That sort of seems the opposite to what is being said here.

I'll never work out why Gus wanted him in the first place. I guess he didn't notice that Hook reduced a legendary franchise to the point of almost being laughing stock. This was never going to end well.

I think the most common guess is that Griffin is a pushover, and Gus can use his as a puppet when he wants to.

Is that true about Griffin in his time at the Broncs? I remember hearing comments on here about it but everything else is vague. I do seem to remember a few players, including Hunt and McGuire saying that they would leave if Griffin left. That sort of seems the opposite to what is being said here.
I don't remember hearing that. They obviously didn't carry out their threats.

I don't remember hearing that. They obviously didn't carry out their threats.

They didn't exactly threaten to leave ... it was more that they would like to continue to be coached by him and would consider following him if he left the Broncos.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • achievedrap
  • Skyblues87
  • Culhwch
  • RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • mrslong
  • broncotville
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.