Parker and Slater MAY miss Origin 3 - who to move where?

It's unbelievable that people are questioning cronks actions lol. The coach, the players, even the opposition think he did the right thing, but no, u guys know better lol. Its called hindsight. If qld had held on for 10 mins, and ended up winning by 2 - 4 cronk would be the hero. it was a risk, it didnt pay off, but at that very moment, he HAD to do it

WTF just happened there?! The rock agreed with coxy during origin lolz

Uh dude, you do realise that Cronk wasn't risking 6 points Vs defending well for 10 minutes, he was risking 6 points Vs 2 points as a bare minimum. So regardless of whether QLD could defend well for 10 minutes, he was always going to concede 2 points at a bare MINIMUM.......PLUS anything that NSW could score when Cronk was off.

Sorry but that was one epic risk that didn't pay off. It's Origin FFS, you can't give away easy points and defending with 12 men in Origin is a recipe for disaster.

it wasnt a certain 2 points - i was surprised when NSW took the 2. 6 tackles right on our line against 12 men......

it was a risk, but it was a calculated one. it didnt come off this time, but a lot of that was down to pure luck on NSWs side.

I'd suggest you go back and watch that try again. He found open space, a staggered line, got through before Thurston came across to make a tackle. Again...staggered line...lots of space...symptoms of????????????
a kick return. remember, how it was off a kick return? you very rarely get a full defensive line on a kick return.

i suggest you go back and watch it again, along with watching the cronk sin binning since you think he was side by side with him. i just did watch them again actually, watched the highlights on foxsports just now, and hayne didnt make a line break of any kind. he ran around a bit and then barged into thurston and lost the ball.

im honestly amazed at how wrong coxy saw all this. rock, well i expected him to see things differently in his imaginary fantasy land, but i did not expect it from coxy.

Last edited:
it wasnt a certain 2 points - i was surprised when NSW took the 2. 6 tackles right on our line against 12 men......

it was a risk, but it was a calculated one. it didnt come off this time, but a lot of that was down to pure luck on NSWs side.

Hypothetical question...Justin Hodges does the same thing. Do you praise him? Or do you bag him for being a douche.

Don't answer, I already know.

It doesn't say anything about "US". Please give credit where credit is due. NSW did everything possible, 100% commitment. If QLD scored on the buzzer then there would have been absolutely nothing that NSW could have done and it would have purely come down to QLD having better players. NSW were out on their feet, covering tackles here and there - It was amazing. If QLD managed to sneak a try on the buzzer it would have been from sheer individual brilliance from Inglis, Cronk, Thurston or Slater.

I hate this attitude, every time NSW win it's like "Oh they should have won by more, how crap are they". NO! We shouldn't have won by more, we're not crap. We played very well, we dominated - But the score was 4 points difference purely because QLD are an amazing team!

Maybe you Queenslanders aren't giving your team enough credit!!
Dude, calm your farm. You should have won by more. A lot more. That fact means there was more NSW could have done. They were absolutely all over QLD for the majority of that game. Yet QLD were in it until the buzzer. I think me saying that shows I'm giving my team plenty of credit. It also doesn't mean I'm not giving NSW credit. They were committed. Their defence was good. But man Pearce was average. They had all the ball and didn't use it. Bottom line. You starting a thread about how useless Creagh is shows that there is plenty of improvement needed in that team.

Not to mention Pearce's kicking game. Was was Rothfield giving him a wrap in the Tele this morning? He found our back three on the full repeatedly last night.

Hypothetical question...Justin Hodges does the same thing. Do you praise him? Or do you bag him for being a douche.

you know id say that it was the right thing to do? cause i would. i dont give a $hit how i feel about someone at club/personal level during origin. as soon as they pull on that QLD jersey theyre a different person to me.

Seth boom

I'd actually keep Inglis at centre. He's never played fullback in Origin -- which isn't to say he can't be good at it. But he holds the all-time record for most ever Origin tries, and he's done it from the centres (maybe a game or two at wing). If you move him to fullback then our left edge loses so much in attack. Boyd in his current form outside Nielsen? That's not going to create anything. If there is a natural overlap they'll be good enough to convert most times but if you take Inglis out of the equation you narrow the threat of our attack too much IMO.

Not sure if I would stick Bowen or Barba at fullback, or move Boyd there and stick anyone else on the wing. But for mine, QLD are a less threatening team with Inglis at fullback, simply because the drop off in quality at centre outweighs the arguably less marginal gains of having Inglis over Barba at fullback.

Not sure I'd be keen to see Barba under the high ball at Origin level.

It was unfortunate for sure, but I don't think you can blame Cronk at all. He had a split second to react and he acted on impulse - I reckon nearly every other player on the field would've done the same thing. The old saying is that Origin is won on tries saved just as much as tries saved, and thats very true.

Just one of those things that happens in Rugby League, and the most important thing was the Cronk came back on the field and did what he could to turn our fortunes around - and he did everything he could there, he was outstanding. He just got no support from his #6 and his #1 was playing wounded.

BTW - I hardly watch any Eels games - is Willie Tonga injured at the moment? If so could there be an outside chance he will be available?

BTW - I hardly watch any Eels games - is Willie Tonga injured at the moment? If so could there be an outside chance he will be available?

Injured I believe.

and we wouldnt want him on the form he has shown this year.

its a massive shame that chambers isnt fit coz he would be the first player listed to take the centre spot so we can move inglis to FB.

i think inglis at fullback is a massive, massive strength, and im far more confident with him under the high ball than i would be with barba, as well as he has huge size advantage so he wouldnt get monstered like slater did last night and like barba would. having said that, if inglis plays FB i can only see nielsen coming in to centre and as Ari said, that is not a very good option at all. we could move tate from wing to centre and play barba on the wing, but tate has been awesome on the wing so far.

the only 2 options i think we should consider
1. Inglis to FB, Tate to his centre spot, Barba on the wing
2. Barba in for slater

I'm thinking Boyd to fullback and Ash Graham to the wing could be a possibility. I think GI is too important in the centers for him to be moved.

Ash Graham has a few too many Paul Caridge moments. I'd rather see Gavin Cooper at centre with Boyd than Graham on the wing.

I think Tate will move to centre and maybe O'neil or Neilson to wing.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.