Parker and Slater MAY miss Origin 3 - who to move where?

anzac7

anzac7

NYC Player
Sep 25, 2011
Quite a few injured in last nights clash, but none more so than Parker and Slater. Slater is still remaining optimistic about being there for game 3 (hope he is), but the history of the injury would suggest otherwise. Parker is just about a certainty to miss and they now have serious concerns for infection on the injury he sustained (all our thoughts are with him on that one).

Article with more details here:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...f-origin-decider/story-e6frepbx-1226394942853

So if Slater and Parker do miss the 3rd Origin decider, who would you shift and bring into the side? (considering that Thaiday will be fit to return and the other players are all available)

I know Inglis needs good quality ball to have impact in the centres, but would be great to see him at full back if we can find a suitable replacement for centre (latter part much easier said than done). I'd imagine Nielsen would be key contender and bring some defence, maybe Inglis could then chime into the back plays to make up for his attacking loss in the centres?

This is a tough one.
Assuming Parker and Slater are OUT.

Inglis to 1 / Nielson to centre = Probably the safest option. but judging from what we've seen from our execution and attack... it looks like NSW will have more spark in the centres... I just don't see points from Nielson and Hodges... which means all NSW have to do is gang up on Inglis and number up on which side of the ruck he is on.

Barba at 1 = Personally, I like this idea better but Origin debut, 7 series on the line... game 3 decider... Fullback position... It's just not the QLD way of the last six years... The only positive is that we've got a lot of veterans to lead the way but our veterans have not been havin a good series. I think NSW will bomb the fark out of Barba as well... This seems like a do or die play to me but I wouldn't complain if QLD takes this gamble.

The way I see it... we take Barba option it means QLD are putting everything on the line and goin for the big play... if we win then Barba will get some invaluable origin experience and enormouse confidence for the future...
The Nielson option is the safe one and most probable... but then we're really going to have to rely on our defense to pull through because I don't see many points.

****!!! Slater our and Parker for a month. Can't wait till game 3 is over.

Inglis to 1 and Neilsen to 3. I would just bring Thaiday back in for Parker.

How was the game last night "controversial"? i hate when reporters throw that word in for no reason.

I reckon possibly move Tate to left centre, he's played well there before, and chuck GI at FB and bring in a winger.

Thoughts on a Matt Bowen cameo? He'd be able to link up with Thurston well?

Oh no, that was so controversial, everyone is blowing up about it, it cost QLD the game oh no!

Nothing controversial about the game overall. Nothing. It's just bullshit "journalism" from the Courierfail.

Anyway, on topic - Inglis at FB. Nielson to centres. OR, Boyd to FB and find a winger.

Not just our media portraying it that way tho mate, Daily telegraph was calling the hayne kick a "get-even" for the inglis try. Stupid media.

I thought inglis to FB an Nielsen to ctr was the most obvious, but nielsen is not an attacking playing and with hodges out of form in origin i think we need all the attack we can get. bring barba in to FB leave inglis where he is.

Oh no, that was so controversial, everyone is blowing up about it, it cost QLD the game oh no!

Nothing controversial about the game overall. Nothing. It's just bullshit "journalism" from the Courierfail.

I was joking. :rolleyes:

This is a tough one.
Assuming Parker and Slater are OUT.

Inglis to 1 / Nielson to centre = Probably the safest option. but judging from what we've seen from our execution and attack... it looks like NSW will have more spark in the centres... I just don't see points from Nielson and Hodges... which means all NSW have to do is gang up on Inglis and number up on which side of the ruck he is on.

Barba at 1 = Personally, I like this idea better but Origin debut, 7 series on the line... game 3 decider... Fullback position... It's just not the QLD way of the last six years... The only positive is that we've got a lot of veterans to lead the way but our veterans have not been havin a good series. I think NSW will bomb the fark out of Barba as well... This seems like a do or die play to me but I wouldn't complain if QLD takes this gamble.

The way I see it... we take Barba option it means QLD are putting everything on the line and goin for the big play... if we win then Barba will get some invaluable origin experience and enormouse confidence for the future...
The Nielson option is the safe one and most probable... but then we're really going to have to rely on our defense to pull through because I don't see many points.

Nailed it one post. Agree it's unlikely they'll go for Barba. They'll probably shift Inglis to fullback and put Nielson in the centres. He's pretty reliable and we tend to go for thise types of players.

Our failure to score many points in this series is probably due to our halves. They've yet to really gel but if they manage to click in game three there's plenty of points to be had.

I mean there's controversial decisions in just about every game of any sport. It doesn't mean the result was controversial at all. Poor journalism. The game was played and won fair and square. The only people blowing up are New South Wales people claiming Carney should've got a penalty try. Ridonkulous.

I think he should have too. And I don't agree with Gus praising Cronk either. He's a ****ing dickhead, and it cost his team.

I think he should have too. And I don't agree with Gus praising Cronk either. He's a ****ing dickhead, and it cost his team.

Theres no way carney shouldve got a penalty try. You can only rule a penalty try if there is no doubt he wouldve scored. slater was there, albeit far away, but theres a small chance he couldve stopped it. Cronk did the right thing. He stopped a certain 6 points. Its not his fault harrison missed the tackle on carney, or hayne fluked a kick.

Yeah - felt wrong when I read that word in the article too and when I read it, it was spelt wrong (maybe an omen that it shouldn't have really been there? "controversail" - probably fixed it now).

I know Barba has a lot of flare, but we have seen Taylor and Gillette (recently) come into Origin and not be able to display the quality they show at NRL level - big risk to put on Barba in such an important position. I would prefer to choose Bowen over Barba as Old Mate suggested (didn't even think of Bowen!) and he goes one better, bringing Tate to centres and finding another winger (but who?). Tate would be better in the centres than Nielsen.. though Tate has been an awesome winger for us so far in the series, not sure if we can find another one up to his level.

Theres no way carney shouldve got a penalty try. You can only rule a penalty try if there is no doubt he wouldve scored. slater was there, albeit far away, but theres a small chance he couldve stopped it.

I'm pretty sure they ref said, they ruled that Slater would have got there first & that's why it wasn't a penalty try.

I was also annoyed that NSW got the feed when Hodges offloaded into Mitchell Pearce who knocked it on into Hodges again. Grrr. We have 6 to go 20m out from our line.

I was also annoyed that NSW got the feed when Hodges offloaded into Mitchell Pearce who knocked it on into Hodges again. Grrr. We have 6 to go 20m out from our line.

We probably wouldve just dropped it cold like most of our other sets.

On that call tho, i think they may have got it right. hodges definitely passed backwards into pearce, but then i think pearce also hit it backwards, back into hodges, who then knocked it on. thats how i was justifying it anyway

Cronk did a dumb thing. Sure he probably saved a try but there was still doubt over whether or not Carney could have got it down cleanly. Small doubt, but still doubt. Instead he got 10 in the bin and cost them 8 points instead of 6. Yeah, real smart.

Disagree. As you said, carney more than likely wouldve scored. You do whatever you can to stop a try and if that means getting sin binned then so be it. Nsw got a bit lucky with one of their tries while he was off. Cant blame him for that

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.