Parramatta Salary Cap Investigation

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Parra have been under investigation for a few months apparently. Related to the players that Sticky let go, but are apparently still being paid this year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-of-up-to-500000/story-fnp0lyn3-1227362519158

PARRAMATTA is facing a fine of up to $500,000 for salary cap breaches.

The NRL has confirmed this morning the Eels have been under investigation for several months.

It relates to their salary cap last year and having to pay players who were cut by previous coach Ricky Stuart.

Among those who were forced out include Reni Maitua, Matt Keating and Cheyse Blair.

It is believed the club is still paying part of their contracts.

The NRL and the eels are expected to issue a joint press statement later today.

The salary cap breaches will raise question marks on how the club was able to sign Anthony Watmough, Kieran Foran and Beau Scott in the last six months although they did lose Jarryd Hayne.

At this stage there is no suggestion the club will be docked competition points.

The Eels were put on notice of the breaches at the beginning of the year after an off-season audit of their books.

Remarkably the club still wants Sharks fullback Michael Gordon in a mid-season transfer.

“I called him a couple of days ago just to make sure he was okay,” said Eels coach Brad Arthur said.

“I just wanted to reassure him that if he can make the move over here, we’re still willing to have him. But my main concern was that he was not in a good headspace.

“He said he’s struggling a little bit. But he’s a pretty strong kid, in the dealings I’ve had with him. I think he’ll be okay.”

The Eels have tabled a deal for Gordon until the end of 2016, however Arthur insists the club could be forced to look elsewhere for a fullback.

“I think he’s still hopeful. We’re still hopeful. But it’s getting to the stage where, it’s nine days (sic) now until the deadline’s up,” he said.

“If we can’t get anything sorted between now and then, we’ll obviously need to get a fullback moving forward for next year.”

It always brings a smile to my face when I see the eels fail, and they're seemingly so willing to please me.

Makes sense not to dock them points. They probably don't have enough to cover the punishment anyway.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-of-up-to-500000/story-fnp0lyn3-1227362519158

PARRAMATTA is facing a fine of up to $500,000 for salary cap breaches.

The NRL has confirmed this morning the Eels have been under investigation for several months.

It relates to their salary cap last year and having to pay players who were cut by previous coach Ricky Stuart.

Among those who were forced out include Reni Maitua, Matt Keating and Cheyse Blair.

It is believed the club is still paying part of their contracts.

The NRL and the eels are expected to issue a joint press statement later today.

The salary cap breaches will raise question marks on how the club was able to sign Anthony Watmough, Kieran Foran and Beau Scott in the last six months although they did lose Jarryd Hayne.

At this stage there is no suggestion the club will be docked competition points.

The Eels were put on notice of the breaches at the beginning of the year after an off-season audit of their books.

Remarkably the club still wants Sharks fullback Michael Gordon in a mid-season transfer.

“I called him a couple of days ago just to make sure he was okay,” said Eels coach Brad Arthur said.

“I just wanted to reassure him that if he can make the move over here, we’re still willing to have him. But my main concern was that he was not in a good headspace.

“He said he’s struggling a little bit. But he’s a pretty strong kid, in the dealings I’ve had with him. I think he’ll be okay.”

The Eels have tabled a deal for Gordon until the end of 2016, however Arthur insists the club could be forced to look elsewhere for a fullback.

“I think he’s still hopeful. We’re still hopeful. But it’s getting to the stage where, it’s nine days (sic) now until the deadline’s up,” he said.

“If we can’t get anything sorted between now and then, we’ll obviously need to get a fullback moving forward for next year.”

What would be the point?

So first we had Cronulla failing despite being drug cheats, now we have Parramatta rorting the cap during a stretch where they won nothing but spoons.

:lol: Really?

4 competition points in 2016 and 525,000 dollar fine. Ouch.

We'd been joking about it for years of course. 4 players summed it up IMO:

Sandow: $550k
Norman: $450k
Lussick: $450k
Hopoate: $800k

It's only 4 points if they don't overhaul their salary cap procedures or some shit.

NRL is soft. Take the points, make them start on nothing, and laugh at Norman.

We'd been joking about it for years of course. 4 players summed it up IMO:

Sandow: $550k
Norman: $450k
Lussick: $450k
Hopoate: $800k

Pretty insane to think the Eels would be spending half their salary on 3 players who are overrated as anything and overpaying another by 450 grand or so.

Lussick & Norman, 450k.

Lol.

Eels are stupid.

Originally Posted by nick87
Eels should have just refused to co-operate in the investigation, worked for the Broncos

"I was about to hang shit on Canberra for their breaches, but then I realized they've never breached the cap, because no bastard worth anything substantial wants to play for them."

Originally Posted by nick87
Eels should have just refused to co-operate in the investigation, worked for the Broncos

"I was about to hang shit on Canberra for their breaches, but then I realized they've never breached the cap, because no bastard worth anything substantial wants to play for them."

I have tried so hard, but I really can't get into that place.

You know what's kinda of sad about all this?

If they didn't waste all that money on those players, they'd have been able to afford Israel. And he'd have been suiting up for Queensland in a week's time.

You know what's kinda of sad about all this?

If they didn't waste all that money on those players, they'd have been able to afford Israel. And he'd have been suiting up for Queensland in a week's time.

Shit. That is sad :(

I miss Izzy. Stupid AFL and union.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.