Passion factor a myth

The players care just as much as the QLD'ers mate. It's easy for everyone else to sit on the sideline or at their keyboard and make comments but you're not out there plaing or involved in the team preperations. Bullshit article NEW SOUTH WALES PRIDE I'M NEVER GIVING UP. That stupid "QLD Passion" is total bullshit. The Maroons simply have a better side at the moment.

Shane Webcke turned down Origin after 2004 and so did Gorden Tallis after 2003, it's not just NSW players that do this.

You just named two of the most passionate QLD players. They retired from representative football after giving it their all for years, without whinging and bitching about every bad call. Naming those two with the likes of Jamie Lyon is an insult.

I can sort of understand Cooper to an extent as he did give some reasonable service to NSW, but I've never understood why Jamie Lyon doesn't want to play rep footy. I can only put it down to a lack of passion for the sky blue jersey.

I can sort of understand Cooper to an extent as he did give some reasonable service to NSW, but I've never understood why Jamie Lyon doesn't want to play rep footy. I can only put it down to a lack of passion for the sky blue jersey.

lyon came out and said the other day that the reason he doesnt want to play rep footy is because his feelings got hurt back when he came back from england and got selected to play for australia after only like 2 games. people were saying he didnt deserve to be there on form, which he didnt from what i remember, and he said that really hurt his feelings and confidence - so to get around having to feel that way again, he just quit rep footy.

serious, im not making that up lol.

Shane Webcke turned down Origin after 2004 and so did Gorden Tallis after 2003, it's not just NSW players that do this.
Get your hand of it mate, trying to compare Webcke and Tallis to any NSW'ker is already a tough ask, but comparing them with the likes of Jamie "can't cope" Lyon or Anthony "sissy fit" Watamong, is just plain stupid!

Last edited:
lyon came out and said the other day that the reason he doesnt want to play rep footy is because his feelings got hurt back when he came back from england and got selected to play for australia after only like 2 games. people were saying he didnt deserve to be there on form, which he didnt from what i remember, and he said that really hurt his feelings and confidence - so to get around having to feel that way again, he just quit rep footy.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...-selection/story-e6frexv9-1226377822843?reg=1

You'd never see Tallis or Webcke let criticism stop them from playing for QLD.

Haha, what a pissweak individual.

I honestly can't believe that. :haha:

An entire thread to doubt Queensland's passion toward playing/representing/supporting State of Origin?

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I didn't make it a thread to doubt QLD player's passion. I made it to discuss why the passion factor in Origin is a myth, every Origin player that has played is passionate and has worn his respective state's heart on his sleeve. The way the game pans out is how every Origin has been decided. What a poor excuse that is Jamie.

Have you not read ANY of this thread? We've proven you wrong.

You still believe that? You're worse than the Catholic Church!

Of course I have read this thread. I started it and not once in it a bagged a QLD player.

Yes, very good. What you didn't read, was when we showed you that NSW players and fans have no passion.

They sure have passion Nashy. Every NSW player has bleed blue and has worn his heart on his sleeve. I haven't meet a NSW supporter that says that Origin should be cancelled and everyone down there is intrested because we are desperate for victory. It's easy for you to sit at the computer and blog all day. It's a complete joke that NSW don't have passion as what Greg Bird said last year those claims are a load of crap.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • eggstar10
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.