OFFICIAL Patrick Carrigan re-signs

What a ignorant take. You have no idea what Haas has been advised by medical professionals. You have no idea what his past experiences have been around vaccines or healthcare, or his own predispositions or medical history.

Who knows how his brothers health issues impacted his or his families thoughts around certain medical procedures.

Who would want to be an NRL player with the amount of carry on you get thrown toward your character. “Ignorant and cowardly” because he didn’t immediately get vaccinated. What a gee up. I’m on the same side of the debate as you but you and the others using vaccination to virtue signal are a part of the problem.

Spare me the over the top patriotism too.
No, I do know his take. He posted it on Instagram. He's spouting off that "muh freedom" shit. If you're not familiar with the lineage of that you shouldn't be calling me ignorant.

I see no reason to mollycoddle these brainlets who have chosen to ignore universal medical wisdom in favour of quackery and political chicanery.

As for virtue signaling, no. His ilk are holding our state to ransom. We're waiting for them to get vaccinated so our borders can open. They're being told that all day every day.

He really doesn't. If he's effective at what he does, and he generally has been the majority of his time in first grade, then that's perfectly fine. If you have 4 or 5 props however who all do exactly the same thing, then you have an issue.

For all the criticism he get for his offloading, it appears when you look at his stats it must have been something he has been working on. He offloaded 6 times in 8 games in 2021 compared to 9 in 19 in 2020. Payne for example offloaded 25 times in 17 games in 2020 compared to just 10 in 20 games in 2021, but I think his ball playing actually improved.

I'd also suggest it's difficult for these guys to get to show any real attacking play consistently when you are in a side that's been dog shit pretty much for the last 3 years.
I went back and watched some games from 2020 to remind myself of Carrigan’s actual ability. He’s pretty great. Really hard worker and makes decent meters. If his minutes are reduced and he improves on a few things I think he’ll be a very solid clubman. I wouldn’t want to lose him but I also wouldn’t want to pay too much. I’m hopeful a decent deal can be found for both parties.

.....when he hangs onto the ball.
Tenor 2

No, I do know his take. He posted it on Instagram. He's spouting off that "muh freedom" shit. If you're not familiar with the lineage of that you shouldn't be calling me ignorant.

I see no reason to mollycoddle these brainlets who have chosen to ignore universal medical wisdom in favour of quackery and political chicanery.

As for virtue signaling, no. His ilk are holding our state to ransom. We're waiting for them to get vaccinated so our borders can open. They're being told that all day every day.
All I saw was that he was “pro the right to choose” which I think is pretty reasonable even if I don’t necessarily agree.

I went back and watched some games from 2020 to remind myself of Carrigan’s actual ability. He’s pretty great. Really hard worker and makes decent meters. If his minutes are reduced and he improves on a few things I think he’ll be a very solid clubman. I wouldn’t want to lose him but I also wouldn’t want to pay too much. I’m hopeful a decent deal can be found for both parties.
I think in 2020 he was averaging something like 20 meters a game less than Payne, which is pretty impressive when you think of the amount of meters Haas makes, which is a phenomenal amount.

I think the comment you made about playing less time is what's going to take some of our forwards up a notch. Take the fatigue out of their games and you get less errors.

All I saw was that he was “pro the right to choose” which I think is pretty reasonable even if I don’t necessarily agree.
That's a political flag. It comes with a whole dogma attached to it, which ranges from nutty conspiracies about a new world order to misinformation about treatments like Ivermectin and wildly skewed risk analysis of vaccines.

The slogan itself is an appropriation of the abortion rally cry, and more than a wink in irony. Its roots are far right wing.

Next time you hear that start asking more questions and maybe you will see where I'm coming from. I'm sick to death of them.

That's a political flag. It comes with a whole dogma attached to it, which ranges from nutty conspiracies about a new world order to misinformation about treatments like Ivermectin and wildly skewed risk analysis of vaccines.

The slogan itself is an appropriation of the abortion rally cry, and more than a wink in irony. Its roots are far right wing.

Next time you hear that start asking more questions and maybe you will see where I'm coming from. I'm sick to death of them.
I’ve not been living under a rock. I’m well aware of the anti-vax movement and catch phrases.

I just think your projecting your own political views in to Haas and while you well could be right about how extreme and ignorant his views are, you’ve offered no proof of it.

I think there are plenty of pretty good reasons an ultra fit 21 year old professional athlete wouldn’t be first in line to get a vaccine that has known risks involved.

The vaccine isn’t nothing, it’s a calculated risk for hopefully the good of the general population. But there are also many reasonable concerns that can be raised about the vaccine and shouting anyone down who doesn’t mindlessly run out and get it immediately isn’t productive.

All that aside, I also just think it’s dumb to equate getting vaccinated with being a good football leader. Nathan Cleary is obviously a decent leader at Penrith and he’s a scum bag and so is the rest of his team. Sam Burgess is one of the best rugby league captains of all time - shit human.

I think in 2020 he was averaging something like 20 meters a game less than Payne, which is pretty impressive when you think of the amount of meters Haas makes, which is a phenomenal amount.

I think the comment you made about playing less time is what's going to take some of our forwards up a notch. Take the fatigue out of their games and you get less errors.
142 in 2020,clean skin hard worker if all it takes is and extra year and a modest increase seems a no brainer

142 in 2020,clean skin hard worker if all it takes is and extra year and a modest increase seems a no brainer
Nobody can judge him on his hard work or meters gained. That's not his problem, its he's a bit like Moose, a take a hit up on the 4th kind of player. If he can up his ball playing skills and throw in a few more offloads around the park he's a great option.

Nobody can judge him on his hard work or meters gained. That's not his problem, its he's a bit like Moose, a take a hit up on the 4th kind of player. If he can up his ball playing skills and throw in a few more offloads around the park he's a great option.
If a forward is getting the ball too much on the 4th tackle that's more of an issue with the bloke at 7 steering the team around.

If a forward is getting the ball too much on the 4th tackle that's more of an issue with the bloke at 7 steering the team around.
Yeh I never got the hate for McGuire taking ‘that’ hit up.

When McCullough looked around and had no one to pass it to, I was stoked McGuire put his hand up (often for his second or third hit up of the set no less) rather than us losing ground.

It’s not the forwards job to organise the plays. If our spine was too busy sitting around with their thumb up their arse, that wasn’t on McGuire.

I’ve not been living under a rock. I’m well aware of the anti-vax movement and catch phrases.

I just think your projecting your own political views in to Haas and while you well could be right about how extreme and ignorant his views are, you’ve offered no proof of it.

I think they’re are plenty of pretty good reasons a ultra fit 21 year old prefixes sip all athlete wouldn’t be first in line to get a vaccine that has known risks involved.

The vaccine isn’t nothing, it’s a calculated risk for hopefully the good of the general population. But there are also many reasonable concerns that can be raised about the vaccine and shouting anyone down who doesn’t mindlessly run out and get it immediately isn’t productive.

All that aside, I also just think it’s dumb to equate getting vaccinated with being a good football leader. Nathan Cleary is obviously a decent leader at Penrith and he’s a scum bag and so is the rest of his team. Sam Burgess is one of the best rugby league captains of all time - shit human.
This is about the 3rd or 4th post of yours in this thread that I can't make out who or what you're replying to?

200.gif

Yeh I never got the hate for McGuire taking ‘that’ hit up.

When McCullough looked around and had no one to pass it to, I was stoked McGuire put his hand up (often for his second or third hit up of the set no less) rather than us losing ground.

It’s not the forwards job to organise the plays. If our spine was too busy sitting around with their thumb up their arse, that wasn’t on McGuire.
Blame McCullough....!!

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • porouian
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.