PLAYER Patrick Carrigan

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
**** man, Petero and Webby - what a pair of legends.

Look at the props in the game nowadays, there's no one like Civoniceva and Webcke. Two no-nonsense good blokes who would never let you down. None of all the wanky shit we get today, **** I miss footy 15+ years ago. It was a different world.

We're saturated with it now. Money is the be all and end all for players, clubs, etc. They all want to milk their supporters for every dime they have with exorbitant merchandise and ticket prices. Most of the players are just self-indulged fuckwits who are all looking to establish their 'brand'.

We spend half our time on here talking finances and contracts, not to mention refereeing.

The news coverage is insane - if Player A gets a flat tyre out driving, we'll hear about it. If Player B grabs a hash brown from Maccas on the way home from training, we'll hear about it. Like I said, saturated.

Take me back to the late 90s, early 2000s when the balance was right. Footy was about footy, and I all the players didn't have social media accounts showing us how cool they are.

Ah, a boy can dream.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Look at the props in the game nowadays, there's no one like Civoniceva and Webcke. Two no-nonsense good blokes who would never let you down. None of all the wanky shit we get today, **** I miss footy 15+ years ago. It was a different world.

We're saturated with it now. Money is the be all and end all for players, clubs, etc. They all want to milk their supporters for every dime they have with exorbitant merchandise and ticket prices. Most of the players are just self-indulged fuckwits who are all looking to establish their 'brand'.

We spend half our time on here talking finances and contracts, not to mention refereeing.

The news coverage is insane - if Player A gets a flat tyre out driving, we'll hear about it. If Player B grabs a hash brown from Maccas on the way home from training, we'll hear about it. Like I said, saturated.

Take me back to the late 90s, early 2000s when the balance was right. Footy was about footy, and I all the players didn't have social media accounts showing us how cool they are.

Ah, a boy can dream.

Ran into Webke one night at City Rowers in the toilets. He'd had a pretty rough game at the time, not sure if he'd been in a fight or copped a high shot but he was pretty busted up.

Me: Rough day mate?
Webke: *looks over with a silent stare*
Me: *zips up quickly* have a good night mate. Go the broncs. Love ya work.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Ah, a boy can dream.

You didn’t need to put player B, you could have just said Milford.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Ran into Webke one night at City Rowers in the toilets. He'd had a pretty rough game at the time, not sure if he'd been in a fight or copped a high shot but he was pretty busted up.

Mate, talking to randoms at the urinal is illegal.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Ask him again some day, when you are not holding your knob.

Reckon he’s more likely to answer eh?

🤣

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
“I tease the boys – I’m lucky, I get to run out at Suncorp in front of 40,000 every week"

Love this quote by carrigan. I think nrl players these days have forgotten how massive this club is and that it is the premier club when winning.

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
I remember the days of arguing with people on here because they used to hate on patty and thought arrow was the one that got away. You guys needs to apologise ASAP. Yous know who you are hahahaha

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Fkn gun. Question: where would he be today if Brisbane had retained all their high-potential-but-troubled young pack of Lodge, TPJ, Fifita etc? Like, in that possible pack he would be an undeserved fringe first grader right?

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Fkn gun. Question: where would he be today if Brisbane had retained all their high-potential-but-troubled young pack of Lodge, TPJ, Fifita etc? Like, in that possible pack he would be an undeserved fringe first grader right?
Has always taken unders to stay with us too. He was offered more by the dolphins, and the contract before that the bulldogs offered him more too.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Has been fire since he came back from his acl.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • Lurker
  • Brotherdu
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.